Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 10:35 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Can't you ever just be honest, Eusie? I don't understand it...where is all this dishonesty and manipulation getting you? Because people just keep correcting you and/or calling you out. What are you accomplishing? For yourself, much less "for God" or whatever?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It seems he cannot.

At least, I haven't seen any evidence of it in my stint here.

He's the most dishonest poster I've seen in near 20 years of message boarding.
Oh...so it's not just me that's noticed then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 11:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
That is correct. If God is just a fictional character lumped in with the fictional character Super Man, then there really is no difference between the two other. That is the whole point.

People who don't believe God exists strangely enough get their undies all in a wad about Him. Do they do this with any other fictional character? That is just weird.
Quote:
You know it's not weird, you know the motivation, you know that the over-religious constantly attempt to impact others' choices (in schools, politics, choice, and so on) and that the rational portion of society has to fight against this constant issue in order to retain our and our children's freedom and choices, so why be this dishonest about it, Eusie?
Last time I looked it was the Atheist Madelyn Murray O'hare that got the bibles kicked out of the schools. She and the atheists constantly attempt to impact others choices (in schools, politics, choice and so on).

Quote:
Don't be silly. You certainly do know the stake the rational have in educating people lost in the mire of fundamentalism and bent on pushing their views on others - and on others' lives and choices.
I think the push from the atheists into our society needs to be addressed too, don't you?

Quote:
Can't you ever just be honest, Eusie? I don't understand it...where is all this dishonesty and manipulation getting you? Because people just keep correcting you and/or calling you out. What are you accomplishing? For yourself, much less "for God" or whatever?
I think the dishonesty and manipulation is coming from the people I interact with on these boards. Maybe you should be addressing them instead of me. I need more people to correct and call them out. I can't do it all myself. Maybe you can help? The only thing they are accomplishing is proving to the world how ignorant they are.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
We could just as easily make the same accusations about people who believe in god sure do need to validate their beliefs by arguing with people who don't. ...or being mad at no-gods. Gee, if they are sure, why are they wasting time arguing and not doing the works their god demands of them. They must not believe their god will punish them for being slothful.

See how that works?
We are just trying to help you folks see the light rather than you reveling in your own putrid darkness which you are so fond of. And if you folks don't like being told what the truth is, why don't you just leave us alone and quit going over to the Christianity board and try to cram your fetid unbelief down our throats?

Old 01-15-2016, 12:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Last time I looked it was the Atheist Madelyn Murray O'hare that got the bibles kicked out of the schools. She and the atheists constantly attempt to impact others choices (in schools, politics, choice and so on).
Last time you looked was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

I mean this woman has been dead 20 years.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Last time you looked was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

I mean this woman has been dead 20 years.
Yep and the atheist agenda still will not allow bibles back in the schools. Could you please help with that? Maybe show your bipartisanship to help undo what the atheists did?

Old 01-15-2016, 12:15 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,084 times
Quote:
We are just trying to help you folks see the light rather than you reveling in your own putrid darkness which you are so fond of. And if you folks don't like being told what the truth is, why don't you just leave us alone and quit going over to the Christianity board and try to cram your fetid unbelief down our throats?
What does this even mean? Do you ever see me on the Christianity forums? Or do you think I am some sort of Bishop of Atheism?

Besides...you aren't even a "real" Christian from some of the (dis)qualifiers I've seen other Christians use. You seem to think god uses evil which makes many a Christian uneasy.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:19 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Yep and the atheist agenda still will not allow bibles back in the schools. Could you please help with that? Maybe show your bipartisanship to help undo what the atheists did?
Why would anyone want to bring the Bible back into public schools? You have other options, instead of subjecting everybody to your belief system, send your Christian children to Christian schools, or home school them.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
I don't need to undo what the atheists "did." Why should I? I'm not sure why you're asking me to. Nobody is being harmed by Bibles not being in schools. Nobody's choice is being taken away. There's a church of some denomination or other on pretty much every corner of my town and every corner of any major town or city in the U.S. and many thousands of minor ones too. People are free to speak about the Bible and people are free to own Bibles, so there's no reason for me to "undo what the atheists did" in "not allow(ing) bibles back in the schools."

On the other hand, would you please help with this? Help undo what these Christians instilled for thousands of years and attempt to continue to instill, historically - and even today - culminating in violence, sometimes killings? Psst: This is a little more recent than your O'Hare example, too. So it may be more relevant. HTH.

p.s. Which Bible did you want me to try to get back into schools for you? Because sure as Halley's Comet or prom date pregnancy, once Christians were no longer screaming and storming at non-Christians for not allowing Bibles, once they WERE allowed back in the various Christian denominations would turn to screaming and storming at each other.

Which means if this ever did happen...it certainly would be interesting.

I mean it's okay if it's the Mormon Bible that's read each morning during the principal's morning comments, right? Or if s/he reads something out of Maccabees?

Last edited by JerZ; 01-15-2016 at 12:35 PM..

Old 01-15-2016, 12:40 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Why should we?

I certainly don't want to end up like the Arab world whose intellectual foundation was collapsed by religion. It was once the leader in science and technology for a 300 year period until religion was introduced.

It has never recovered since.

Keep your ignorant religion out of our schools and government.

Spoon Feeding Time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

Old 01-15-2016, 12:51 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I certainly don't want to end up like the Arab world whose intellectual foundation was collapsed by religion. It was once the leader in science and technology for a 300 year period until religion was introduced.

It has never recovered since.

Keep your ignorant religion out of our schools and government.

Spoon Feeding Time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
This ^^^^^^! The Bible is NOT a science book or a history book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality