Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 05:01 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And, if I may add, how much glee people take in seeing others suffering in the cycle of crime and punishment. Just look at the sub-forum of Politics & Other Controversies...so many LOVE others being punished.
The ^ above ^ sounds to me like the descriptive words about many of today's people found at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13 that we are in the last days of badness on Earth before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will be the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 05:09 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,448,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Your good God hypothesis just isn't very convincing to someone like me who had to watch my beautiful, innocent young son growing up miserable, entering adulthood miserable, suffering mental pain and bitter disappointment and finally taking his life because he couldn't bear his pain any longer.

No amount of believing, praying, pleading, begging etc invoked just the slightest hint of sympathy, let alone help. I have lived two years of hell now. If someone were to come telling me how good God was I recon I could be forgiven for thumping them! Well, telling them were to go and what to do with themselves! (Using words you won't find in the bible).

Does that answer your question?

My appologies if it sounds like I am expressing some inner rage. It's not directed at you, just at the thought that there was some sort of "good God" who would sit back and watch while some six million if his chosen people were brutally murdered and my own son suffered!

But the reality is that your "good God" does not actually exist.
God never allows a bad thing to happen without something better in store

Think of the people who never got the women they wanted but found something or someone much better.

Or people who have had illnesses got healed and had better lives because of it.

It's tough but hang in there and don't lose hope. I'll pray for you.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:10 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The ^ above ^ sounds to me like the descriptive words about many of today's people found at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13 that we are in the last days of badness on Earth before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will be the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Several hundred years of predictions, and it hasn't happened yet. In fact, the latest armageddon prophecy was revised to early November several days ago.

Frankly, I'd be happy if humans could learn to bring peace on their own, instead of waiting for 'someone, somewhere' to do it 'someday'.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:21 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Several hundred years of predictions, and it hasn't happened yet. In fact, the latest armageddon prophecy was revised to early November several days ago.

Frankly, I'd be happy if humans could learn to bring peace on their own, instead of waiting for 'someone, somewhere' to do it 'someday'.
None were biblical prophesies, you are talking about predictions spoken of by people who were not in the religion of the bible where the holy days are appointed. People talk about Jewish feasts which are spoken in Jewish idioms without actually even believing in the feasts they are talking about. Rosh Hashanah is the feast of Trumpets and all you hear is people discussing Rosh Hashanah that don't even know what happens on Rosh Hashanah.

You are filled with opinions of people who don't even study what they are discussing, and this doesn't cast a bad light on what is prophesied, only the people who are discussing things they don't even study.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:44 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I love your sense of humor.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:47 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post

Think of the people who never got the women they wanted but found something or someone much better. So God gets involved in dating? Does he use apps?

Or people who have had illnesses got healed and had better lives because of it. Or people who have died of diseases and had no life? Why not just not create diseases to begin with IF HE IS ALL POWERFUL?

It's tough but hang in there and don't lose hope. I'll pray for you. I can't speak for all athesits, but I don't want you to pray for me because I think it's futility and egotistical on your part.
See responses above.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:

Think of the people who never got the women they wanted but found something or someone much better.

Example #4296 (approx) of fundie non-think and #6754 (approx) of fundie lack of empathy/compassion evident in CD threads the past few years.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:07 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:

So little kids killed by impaired drivers or die because their parents didn't believe in medicine are better off dead? And you judge which woman is a better wife without knowing either of them?

Old 10-29-2017, 06:09 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
See responses above.
lmao at your response to the first one. God rules Tinder and Match.com.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:46 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
None were biblical prophesies, you are talking about predictions spoken of by people who were not in the religion of the bible where the holy days are appointed. People talk about Jewish feasts which are spoken in Jewish idioms without actually even believing in the feasts they are talking about. Rosh Hashanah is the feast of Trumpets and all you hear is people discussing Rosh Hashanah that don't even know what happens on Rosh Hashanah.

You are filled with opinions of people who don't even study what they are discussing, and this doesn't cast a bad light on what is prophesied, only the people who are discussing things they don't even study.
So, no True Scotsman.

Gotcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality