Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 10:10 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times

Advertisements

According to at least one conservative Lutheran pastor, Satan was the world's first feminist:

Satan, the World's First Feminist | Steadfast Lutherans

Pretty crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 10:18 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
From the moronic article:

Quote:
Radical feminism isn’t really about equality. It’s about suppressing the distinct, God-given gender identities of men and women. Radical feminists look at what men are doing and say women should do that, too. Instead of embracing womanhood, women are held to an unattainable masculine ideal.
"An unattainable masculine ideal."

It is to barf. What an idiot.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:05 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
The whining of a man incapable of having a relationship with women. Women are to blame for his short comings.

With the many links to fundamentalist ideologue sites designed to tell women how to behave, I believe the effort to control women is slipping from their grasp.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:08 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
According to at least one conservative Lutheran pastor, Satan was the world's first feminist:

Satan, the World's First Feminist | Steadfast Lutherans

Pretty crazy.
What, specifically, do you have an issue with in that article? I skimmed through it and I see that the author explicitly states he's against oppression of women. He's not suggesting women have no rights, but is instead condemning radical feminism.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What, specifically, do you have an issue with in that article? I skimmed through it and I see that the author explicitly states he's against oppression of women. He's not suggesting women have no rights, but is instead condemning radical feminism.
Seriously? So thi sis what fundism REALLY thins of women?

She was the victim of her husband’s neglect

Because Adam SLACKED Eve sinned? Had Adam been paying attention he would have stopped Eve from SINNING??

He started by cutting Adam out of the picture. Then convincing Eve she’d make a great pastor and should be calling her own shots was a piece of cake.

So it is EVIL FEMINISM that says WOMEN can decide for themselves? Excuse me while I burn Genesis 1:1

Thanks to Satan’s deception, Eve was no longer content with the vital and blessed vocation God had given her.

SATAN convinced Eve there was more to life than being a SEX SERVANT to Adam. Burning Genesis 1:2.

As fun as swimming with the dolphins must have been, they didn’t exactly make wife material.

God provided a SEX servant for Adam, and Eve responded by rejecting that idea. Burning Genesis 1:3

This is how God has ordered His creation. He has placed the burden of headship on man and created woman to help ease that burden.

God's plan was to PUNISH man from the beginning, but decided to give him a WOMAN who was to accept MAN'S PUNISHMENT by accepting a servant role--just for the honor of being his "helper?" BURNING GENESIS 1:4

Satan delights in overturning God’s order. He loves it when the relationships between men and women break down. He loves it when pastors, like Adam, remain silent in the face of error. He loves it when Christians, like Eve, stop listening to God’s voice and start doing things their own way.

God's order is ALL ARE ONE IN CHRIST, there is NEITHER slave nor MASTER, PATRIARCH or HANDMAID..

Chucking the rest of the fantasy book into the fire...

GOD, do I feel LIBERATED and FREE to be the person YOU intended me to be!!

Old 02-24-2016, 11:55 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Seriously? So thi sis what fundism REALLY thins of women?

She was the victim of her husband’s neglect

Because Adam SLACKED Eve sinned? Had Adam been paying attention he would have stopped Eve from SINNING??

He started by cutting Adam out of the picture. Then convincing Eve she’d make a great pastor and should be calling her own shots was a piece of cake.

So it is EVIL FEMINISM that says WOMEN can decide for themselves? Excuse me while I burn Genesis 1:1

Thanks to Satan’s deception, Eve was no longer content with the vital and blessed vocation God had given her.

SATAN convinced Eve there was more to life than being a SEX SERVANT to Adam. Burning Genesis 1:2.

As fun as swimming with the dolphins must have been, they didn’t exactly make wife material.

God provided a SEX servant for Adam, and Eve responded by rejecting that idea. Burning Genesis 1:3

This is how God has ordered His creation. He has placed the burden of headship on man and created woman to help ease that burden.

God's plan was to PUNISH man from the beginning, but decided to give him a WOMAN who was to accept MAN'S PUNISHMENT by accepting a servant role--just for the honor of being his "helper?" BURNING GENESIS 1:4

Satan delights in overturning God’s order. He loves it when the relationships between men and women break down. He loves it when pastors, like Adam, remain silent in the face of error. He loves it when Christians, like Eve, stop listening to God’s voice and start doing things their own way.

God's order is ALL ARE ONE IN CHRIST, there is NEITHER slave nor MASTER, PATRIARCH or HANDMAID..

Chucking the rest of the fantasy book into the fire...

GOD, do I feel LIBERATED and FREE to be the person YOU intended me to be!!
You ladies are still gonna handle the childbirth thing, right?

Old 02-24-2016, 12:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How typically condescending.

You're one of the poster children for fundie-think.

Thanks for all you do in driving people to liberal Christianity or no religion at all.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That's up to women to decide.

Women are quite capable of making those decisions. Worry about your own reproductive organs. You don't get a say in what someone else does with theirs. (Unless you have a wife or girlfriend who says, "Well, what do you think jimmie?" THEN you get to put in your two cents. The final decision, however, belongs to the woman.)

Old 02-24-2016, 12:23 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
There is ONLY liberal Christianity. There is no such thing as a "Conservative Christian".
The VAST majority of the teachings of Jesus Christ were liberal.
The definition of the word "Christian" is Christ-like.
If a person follows the ACTUAL words of Jesus Christ, then that person has no choice but to be a liberal.
Since Jesus Christ was/is a liberal, then the phrase "Conservative Christian" is an oxymoron. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be a conservative AND a Christian. A person is either a conservative or he or she is a Christian.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:34 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
There is ONLY liberal Christianity. There is no such thing as a "Conservative Christian".
The VAST majority of the teachings of Jesus Christ were liberal.
The definition of the word "Christian" is Christ-like.
If a person follows the ACTUAL words of Jesus Christ, then that person has no choice but to be a liberal.
Since Jesus Christ was/is a liberal, then the phrase "Conservative Christian" is an oxymoron. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be a conservative AND a Christian. A person is either a conservative or he or she is a Christian.
Oh there's plenty of "fire and brimstone" attributed to Jesus in the Gospels too. It's not all sweetness and light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality