Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 02:44 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times

Advertisements

By the way, cupper, I was not speaking to you (or to anyone specifically) in my prior message; I was speaking generically to fundamentalism / ists. But you probably knew that, despite the sloppy usage of pronouns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 02:45 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
GRASP THIS.

"Few" and "Many".
Christian and Non Christian.

~think.
I'm sure this comment made sense to you when your fingers stroked the keyboard, however, the rest of us are perplexed.

In the future, either be clearer in your enunciation, or quote the person you are intending to be targeted.

You have not answered whether churches should lose their charitable status as "Christianity is not a religion", and as such, they no longer qualify.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:17 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,084 times
Quote:
GRASP THIS.

"Few" and "Many".
Christian and Non Christian.

~think.
You could always strive for coherence.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:03 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
You could always strive for coherence.
God said "few" would stay the path and wide was the path to destruction, that "many" would go.

The implications of that? Christians= "FEW" - NOT BILLIONS.

~ learn the parable of the "tares" ~ it's "many" of you.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:19 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,084 times
Quote:
God said "few" would stay the path and wide was the path to destruction, that "many" would go.

The implications of that? Christians= "FEW" - NOT BILLIONS.

~ learn the parable of the "tares" ~ it's "many" of you.
Are you saying that you're part of the 144,000?

Old 03-11-2016, 05:49 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Are you saying that you're part of the 144,000?
The parable of the tares and the wheat is not strictly the province of JWs. The general idea is that True Believers will always be a tiny minority. I guess he's proud to gloat, so to speak. Since he has no coherent point to make and one of his first posts laid a direct charge of stupidity on one of his interlocutors, his continued (and quite ungodly!) superciliousness and arrogance is no surprise at all.

In the several years I've been here only three other people have earned a blocked status from me, and one of those has earned a probation. This one, though, went there almost immediately -- quite an accomplishment. as it usually takes a few months for me to decide someone is a lost cause.

Tellingly, I'm not missing out on anything ... I can follow the substance of his diatribes just from snippets in quoted replies. But I am spared the slog of reading them directly at least.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:32 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
yeah, block stone logic when it gets in the way of your emotional stance against an imaginary beast when its you. lmao

The tiny seed is knowledge and understanding verses a "list of facts'. The upper 10% understand what the "facts" mean and they don't deny them because of fear. To ever claim that we are afraid to "let them see and teach them to understand because they misuse it ..." In part, That's what Jesus stood against.

But hey, who cares when we have spirit wear as our base reason to form up and hurt others. Goooo A-team.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:55 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
..."wide is the path to destruction and many go there".

Old 03-13-2016, 05:30 AM

392 posts, read 248,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
This popped up on my Twitter feed today. That's a good question. "If God truly existed, wouldn't there be just one religion?"
The life of God (religion) is also a part of God, and is God.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:10 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
having one religion is like having one type of life form. It just doesn't seem to work. Use powers of ten and look "smaller" and "larger" by a million, million, million, million, million's. thats just 30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality