Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 02:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm sorry. I should have specified that I've never seen a counter to it that was actually logical or cogent.

Sure I can. Everything that is in the universe requires a cause. But since God is not part of the universe, such a statement doesn't apply.

He is eternal. It's that simple.

STILL waiting for a cogent response.
Thank you for your tireless efforts in demonstrating the absurdity of Creationism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 02:34 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times
Quote:
I'm sorry. I should have specified that I've never seen a counter to it that was actually logical or cogent.

Sure I can. Everything that is in the universe requires a cause. But since God is not part of the universe, such a statement doesn't apply.

He is eternal. It's that simple.

STILL waiting for a cogent response.
Right... and your proof for that is..... what exactly? Because a book says so and you are gullible enough to believe it?

Sorry preacher, that isn't good enough for those of us who can think for ourselves.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Right... and your proof for that is..... what exactly? Because a book says so and you are gullible enough to believe it?

Sorry preacher, that isn't good enough for those of us who can think for ourselves.
My proof is that the universe exists. The question has yet to be answered "Why?"

Old 03-02-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
My proof is that the universe exists. The question has yet to be answered "Why?"
No, that is proof for Allah, or FSM, or GISP, or "choose your deity".

You have no proof. You only have what you HOPE is true. I think you misunderstand what proof actually is. Simply saying, "I believe this to be true" is not proof, and never will be. Either learn what proof is, or GTFO.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
No, that is proof for Allah, or FSM, or GISP, or "choose your deity".
Not really. The Cosmological argument doesn't answer the question of who or what the uncaused cause is.
Quote:

You have no proof. You only have what you HOPE is true. I think you misunderstand what proof actually is. Simply saying, "I believe this to be true" is not proof, and never will be. Either learn what proof is, or GTFO.
All I know is that the universe exists. I also know that nothing exists without a cause. You have yet to explain or given an example otherwise.

It's ok to admit you're stumped. I get it. This is an emotional thing for you. You can't stand to admit that you're wrong.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:46 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyl3r View Post
The other day, I was talking with a friend (I'm atheist, he's christian) and he kept posing the question "Why does the earth exist and why is there life?"
This kind of baffles me, because I don't really know *why* this is significant or useful. He insisted repeatedly that it was useful and matters very much.

So, my question is, do why questions matter and why?
Why don't you try using Physics & Chemistry?

As a result of physics and chemistry, all G-Class and K-Class Star Systems form a G- or K-Class Star with terrestrial and gaseous planets, and that life eventually evolves as a chemical process dependent upon the nature of the planet and star involved.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Not really. The Cosmological argument doesn't answer the question of who or what the uncaused cause is.

All I know is that the universe exists. I also know that nothing exists without a cause. You have yet to explain or given an example otherwise.
Except for the God you believe in (Not any other gods, or any other thing at all), of course, because that would be silly!

In all seriousness Vizio, thank you. Thank you and the other fundies on here, as you are helping people make up their minds and leave religion. Thank you for showing how utterly incompetent you are at science. Thank you for every post you make like this, where anyone who isn't a fundy can see how stupid the argument is. Really, good job man, keep it up!

Old 03-02-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Except for the God you believe in (Not any other gods, or any other thing at all), of course, because that would be silly!
The argument doesn't really address that. I've said that already. Did you not see that?
Quote:

In all seriousness Vizio, thank you. Thank you and the other fundies on here, as you are helping people make up their minds and leave religion. Thank you for showing how utterly incompetent you are at science. Thank you for every post you make like this, where anyone who isn't a fundy can see how stupid the argument is. Really, good job man, keep it up!
Still waiting. Let me know when you come up with a cogent argument.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
The argument doesn't really address that. I've said that already. Did you not see that?

Still waiting. Let me know when you come up with a cogent argument.
That is the argument YOU ARE MAKING. You addressed that. According to you, God does not require a cause, but everything else does. This is just silly, child like thinking, and I am pointing it out.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
That is the argument YOU ARE MAKING. You addressed that. According to you, God does not require a cause, but everything else does. This is just silly, child like thinking, and I am pointing it out.
I'm saying that there has to be an uncaused cause. You have yet to provide a counter argument that is logical. I realize that you're simply unable to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality