Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 08:34 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I'm sitting here reading Jeffs posts and the link he gave, and the only thing I can think of is , what went wrong with Christianity? How can someone behave as they do? Does Christ approve of what these people do?

I am just amazed by the attitudes and posts by those who ostensibly follow Christ .
How can one possibly think that God wants his people to assist with and celebrate behavior that he has explicitly condemned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 08:36 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
So instead of answering the OP questions mist of the pro discrimination proponents say that discrimination against SSM is needed otherwise you cannot have dress codes or throw out rule customers. The lack of any explanation, other than Vizio, must mean that the rest of your think that the only exception to anti discrimination laws is for the case of ssm and that everyone could discriminate against that.

Jeff: there is little doubt to be that you are an extremely strong believer in a literal Bible and seem to also believe that society should be based on your worldview. The strength of your faith blinds you to the faults of your examples and the flaws in your arguments. The anti gay requests were shown to be so over the top than probably most Christian bakers would have also refused to decorate them. This stunts, and it was designed as an anti gay stunt, even expected bakeries than do not bake cakes but only cookies to put these sayings on their cookies even though they do not decorate any cookies.

It would be like me taking a Honda Fit to the John Deer shop and claiming discrimination because they wouldn't work on it. Instead of bringing up this old and false example why not answer the OP in your own eords?

Old 03-12-2016, 08:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Designing, delivering, and setting up a cake is certainly participatin.
Then they should not OFFER those services. The business owner has the option to not offer them to anyone, but if they do then they must offer them to all who wish to purchase those services.

Choose to offer something, then you offer it to all.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
How can one possibly think that God wants his people to assist with and celebrate behavior that he has explicitly condemned?
Like divorce? That same bakery was ok with making a divorce cake, and a pagan solstice cake which is in direct violation of the 1st commandment.

Does your god allow picking and choosing?

Old 03-12-2016, 08:47 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
we agree except for the "god" part. so now what? I am athiest.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
we agree except for the "god" part. so now what? I am athiest.
AGAIN, where is the EXPLICITLY verses??

Old 03-12-2016, 08:53 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Umm....Leviticus? Hello?

Romans 1?

How about Genesis 2? He made them male and female, and he NEVER endorsed any other type of union. Even more so, Jesus affirmed male/female marriage.

Having said that, I've never suggested that we govern by theonomy. Christians do have votes, and we can have whatever motivation we want for casting a vote, but I can also hold to a position simply because I think it's the best thing for society, and that our constitution favors it.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Umm....Leviticus? Hello?

Romans 1?

How about Genesis 2? He made them male and female, and he NEVER endorsed any other type of union. Even more so, Jesus affirmed male/female marriage.

Having said that, I've never suggested that we govern by theonomy. Christians do have votes, and we can have whatever motivation we want for casting a vote, but I can also hold to a position simply because I think it's the best thing for society, and that our constitution favors it.
Do you follow all of the OT laws?

Old 03-12-2016, 09:08 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Are they making a profit by assisting rape? Or murder? Or discriminating against gays? Those things are immoral acts! If your God has a problem with gays then he shouldn't damn well have created them in the first place now should he? Remember? God created all that is on the earth and saw that it was good. That means he approves of gays!

Well guess what else is immoral, people having sex with minors or animals. I doubt you would support their rights against discrimination, but from my perspective, it is just another brand of sexual immorality just like homosexuality.

The bottom line is sexual orientation is a farce. We are not born with different sexual orientations. If we were just born with it then it is simply wrong to hate those who had the misfortune of being born with the kind of orientation that you DO disapprove of. The Bible is very clear that homosexuality is a great sin against God. Even the physical construction of our bodies pretty much shout that we were not designed to interact sexually with the same gender.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:10 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I don't base a conclusion on the bible or god. I check to see what the book says about something for personal growth but observations drive my conclusion about what a book says. Not the other way around.

so again. god has nothing to do with a choice for me. Omni dude is not real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality