Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 11:36 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times

Advertisements

I am good on my history...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 11:42 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Uh yes it most certainly is.

The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" The two parts, known as the "establishment clause" and the "free exercise clause" respectively, form the textual basis for the Supreme Court's interpretations ...

The words of the Tennessee governor:

“Men and women motivated by faith have every right and obligation to bring their belief and commitment to the public debate,” Haslam wrote. “However, that is very different from the governmental establishment of religion that our founders warned against and our Constitution prohibits.”
Yep those sorry mofo evil religious Puritans.
You keep quoting what was written...as if what is written means that is how things actually went down.
Words mean squat...deeds are what count.

As far as the Government and Religion...the 1st Amendment has been less effective than the 18th was.
Just because you write it...doesn't mean that is how it really is.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:44 PM

All I care about is how it is saving us today from religion dictating politics and schools.

Step into the future...not need to argue about the past.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:56 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
All I care about is how it is saving us today from religion dictating politics and schools.

Step into the future...not need to argue about the past.
On this...I fully agree.
I only mention it when people laud those guys that caused the problem in the first place.
Luckily...their diversionary writing can now be used to undo what they did.
The Government should be COMPLETELY religion-free...not a speck. Not even so much as a mention.
And the tax-code applies across-the-board. Only the charitable part of a Religious operation should slide on taxation.

Imagine the Government if Cruz is POTUS!

Old 04-14-2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Imagine the Government if Cruz is POTUS!
I am pretty certain that will spark a revolution.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:52 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618
It has to be the King James version because that is the version that was used by the apostles Peter and Paul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Huh! What the ....!!??!!
I realize that you 'got it' when told but that little bit of humor is a fairly common one.

Actually, the story goes that a mature-aged and devout KJV Bible Christian woman was debating with her pastor as to which version of the Bible was the most authentic. The pastor argued that the more modern, easier to read and to understand versions of the Bible were the better ones for the average reader. The woman became quite irate. She said sternly, "Young man ...if the King James Version was good enough for Jesus then it's good enough for me!" Then, as the story goes, she stormed off.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:27 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
it wont happen ... trust me.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:11 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It has to be the King James version because that is the version that was used by the apostles Peter and Paul.
Nice one, but you see that there is nothing you say that is so hilarious that it is impossible for it to be a firmly held belief by some Christians. It could well be the KJV that is regarded by Tennesee as the only valid version of the Bible in existence, the ones in Greek from which it was translated being Satanic mockeries.

It is no more absurd that the claim I had put to me by a catholic that I was guilty of Jesus' crucifixion by not believing. Using the 'prove me wrong' get -out it can be argued that Peter and Paul by Inspiration, used the KJV which they translated into Greek in their heads.

When you just just make up anything and use magic, anything works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
"Our forefathers" is why this Country is so Religiously oriented.
The Indigenous People were not at all Religious...so, guess how it got to be that way?!
We sent all our fanatics over there, and brought old Rowley back.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:28 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
The Governor vetoed the bill.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:48 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
I continue to be amazed at the ignorance and hatred of some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality