Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 01:07 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times

Advertisements

How is it possible some claim to be following a deity or procalim they are a bible, or other religious book believer---

With all their talk about how lazy the poor are, and how they are leaches on the social dollar, regardless of the facts;

When they speak of people with other [not theirs] faith traditions should be gone, and we should kill their families and carpet bomb their homelands [A Muslim friend told me, “If they want to bomb my home town to kill my family, I think others in Sarasota FL might get mad.”];

When they condemn people crossing human defined boarders, demanding they be removed, and a wall built to keep them out;

When they claim women should have no control over their own bodies, and medical treatments, and should be placed in prison for life decisions they disagree with;

When encouraging violence against those who disagree with them is acceptable, and encouraging people to express that violence on others;

When they see the rich as people of value, while casting those struggling as lazy leaches living on the social dime;

When they see their point of view as the right point of view, and everyone else as having a wrong point of view;

When they misquote The Collective Narrative [Scripture] to make their point, while discounting what it truly says;

When they see people of color, or different ethnic groups, as a “voting block” and not people;

When they dance around answering questions, and truly give no real solutions, I wonder.

read more

Claiming to Be A Follower
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 01:24 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How is it possible some claim to be following a deity or procalim they are a bible, or other religious book believer---

With all their talk about how lazy the poor are, and how they are leaches on the social dollar, regardless of the facts;

When they speak of people with other [not theirs] faith traditions should be gone, and we should kill their families and carpet bomb their homelands [A Muslim friend told me, “If they want to bomb my home town to kill my family, I think others in Sarasota FL might get mad.”];

When they condemn people crossing human defined boarders, demanding they be removed, and a wall built to keep them out;

When they claim women should have no control over their own bodies, and medical treatments, and should be placed in prison for life decisions they disagree with;

When encouraging violence against those who disagree with them is acceptable, and encouraging people to express that violence on others;

When they see the rich as people of value, while casting those struggling as lazy leaches living on the social dime;

When they see their point of view as the right point of view, and everyone else as having a wrong point of view;

When they misquote The Collective Narrative [Scripture] to make their point, while discounting what it truly says;

When they see people of color, or different ethnic groups, as a “voting block” and not people;

When they dance around answering questions, and truly give no real solutions, I wonder.

read more

AGAIN - I will agree with you - but AGAIN you are talking about the conservatives who CLAIM that they are "Christians" but they are NOT very Christ-like in their thoughts and actions.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
AGAIN - I will agree with you - but AGAIN you are talking about the conservatives who CLAIM that they are "Christians" but they are NOT very Christ-like in their thoughts and actions.
obviously...

Old 04-01-2016, 01:46 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:

read more

So you reduce being a Christian to agreeing with you politically? Believe it or not there are Christians among both major political parties. We may disagree on how to handle the problems of today and government's involvement in it, but please don't use that as a litmus test to determine one's religion.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:40 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Hey, Zatz, you been taking lessons from Tony3

Old 04-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So you reduce being a Christian to agreeing with you politically? Believe it or not there are Christians among both major political parties. We may disagree on how to handle the problems of today and government's involvement in it, but please don't use that as a litmus test to determine one's religion.
Just when I had visions of sugar plums dancing in my head and thinking that church in Texas might be kind of nice, WHAM, comprehension just runs out the door.

What is that first sentence to do with anything? I will ignore such dullness..

And where does the post say anything about a specific political party????

Those who smelt it, more than likely dealt it, huh?

The post deals expressly with ATTITUDES and ACTIONS, not ideologies or agendas...

Just as one uses women's health care as a litmus test to determine who is qualified to reign on SCOTUS? NEVER would that happen here in AMERICA, home of the free...or a litmus test to determine who would occupy any elected seat?????

Some people say the silliest things.

As long as the evangelical insists on using abortion and LGBTQ RIGHTS to determine religion or who is NOT a christian, how can they even consider playing litmus test card?

Many here have told me supporting abortion means I hate GOD and I CANNOT be a christian.

99% of the evangelicals say supporting LGBT RIGHTS is being in allegiance with satan and that Christ will strike me dead..

So take that litmus objection all the was to the eternal fires of torment and be happy burning with the 99% of evangelicals who judge me for and others not of your false god of torment and vengeance covenant because we acknowledge LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE.

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 04-01-2016 at 03:58 PM..

Old 04-01-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Doing my best to emulate a dynamic personality.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:45 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Just when I had visions of sugar plums dancing in my head and thinking that church in Texas might be kind of nice, WHAM, comprehension just runs out the door.

What is that first sentence to do with anything? I will ignore such dullness..
And where does the post say anything about a specific political party????

Those who smelt it, more than likely dealt it, huh?
I'm sorry. Perhaps I misunderstood you, but you mentioned several issues that conservatives tend to disagree with liberals on. Typically, one's views on those issues tend to identify which party they belong to, as the solutions to the issue tend to be very political. I got the impression that if I disagreed with you on them, then you don't consider me to be a Christian, or that you consider my faith to be invalid.

Again....my apologies if you did not mean this to be a political discussion, I took your post to be of that nature.
Quote:

The post deals expressly with ATTITUDES and ACTIONS, not ideologies or agendas...

Just as one uses women's health care as a litmus test to determine who is qualified to reign on SCOTUS? NEVER would that happen here in AMERICA, home of the free...or a litmus test to determine who would occupy any elected seat?????

Some people say the silliest things.

As long as the evangelical insists on using abortion and LGBTQ RIGHTS to determine religion or who is NOT a christian, how can they even consider playing litmus test card?

Many here have told me supporting abortion means I hate GOD and I CANNOT be a christian.
I'm not sure that we really ought to be discussing abortion here, so I'll not respond here.
Quote:
99% of the evangelicals say supporting LGBT RIGHTS is being in allegiance with satan and that Christ will strike me dead..

So take that litmus objection all the was to the eternal fires of torment and be happy burning with the 99% of evangelicals who judge me for and others not of your false god of torment and vengeance covenant because we acknowledge LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE.
One can be a Christian and be wrong about an issue.

Are you willing to grant me the same?

Old 04-01-2016, 05:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Not enough Bible verses. I keep my Bible handy if T3 comes up with one I don't know.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:03 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:

read more

This reminds me of a TonyTonyTony thread, just without the scripture references.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality