Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 12:09 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,918,389 times

Advertisements

Imagine that!

A bible thumpin' family values Governor commits adultery and has an epiphany. He confesses to his lord and savior, and since all men are fallen, 'tis all good now, right?

Alabama’s “Family Values” Governor Sought God’s Forgiveness for Cheating. So It’s All Good Now

He's all about family values when it comes to same sex marriages (hint, that means Paul and Ringo or Sally and Henrietta can't get married) but when it comes to those vows he made, in front of God and witnesses, you know, marriage vows, he forgets them and presumably stocks up on the lil' ole' blue pills and does the bed spread boogie with his assistant.

A good 'ole southern, a God FEERIN' southern boy, would transgress. Tell us it ain't so! Bless my heart, I can't imagine such a thing occurring. Hazel, I tell you, that Governor of ours is a MAN of God!

Well, the dirty old man is a hypocrite, but, hey, in his words, "“I’ve asked God to forgive me because that’s the most important thing, I want back in His fellowship. And so I asked God to forgive me.”

Just another pontificating weasel proclaiming to be graced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 04:50 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times
I don't know how any of these sinners can be trusted with anything.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Jesus said--GO FORTH AMD BE FRUITFUL, even if she isn't your wife..

Talk about sex purely for the pleasure--I bet he has NO plans of procreating...

Old 04-06-2016, 07:39 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Imagine that!

A bible thumpin' family values Governor commits adultery and has an epiphany. He confesses to his lord and savior, and since all men are fallen, 'tis all good now, right?

Alabama’s “Family Values” Governor Sought God’s Forgiveness for Cheating. So It’s All Good Now

He's all about family values when it comes to same sex marriages (hint, that means Paul and Ringo or Sally and Henrietta can't get married) but when it comes to those vows he made, in front of God and witnesses, you know, marriage vows, he forgets them and presumably stocks up on the lil' ole' blue pills and does the bed spread boogie with his assistant.

A good 'ole southern, a God FEERIN' southern boy, would transgress. Tell us it ain't so! Bless my heart, I can't imagine such a thing occurring. Hazel, I tell you, that Governor of ours is a MAN of God!

Well, the dirty old man is a hypocrite, but, hey, in his words, "“I’ve asked God to forgive me because that’s the most important thing, I want back in His fellowship. And so I asked God to forgive me.”

As a resident of the state of Alabama, Governor Bentley is a joke, and always has been. He fights against the evil of gay marriage and allowing the lottery, all while plowing his secretary. Fact is, he is like any other politician, which is to say, he follows the money and the power. He knows what will get him elected in this state, so he plays up to it, and the people in this state are stupid enough to buy it. Simple as that.

What I find funny about the whole situation though, is my co-workers (and other Republicans) reaction to it all. The same people wanting to impeach Clinton, and the same people who think Obama is a Kenyan Muslim, all with no proof I might add, all of a sudden want to wait for the whole story. This is a convo I heard the other day, best I can remember it....

"Well, just remember we don't know the whole story!"

"Yea, you're right. It could be someone just trying to smear his name!"

"Exactly! It is probably some gay rights group or something trying to get him out of office so they can get a governor that won't fight gay marriage!"

blah blah blah blah blah.... Then, the very next day.....

"Well, Obama is a damn Kenyan Muslim, so it's no surprise he's such a crappy President"

"Yea, I know right! He shouldn't even have been allowed to run!!"

These were both religious, Republican co-workers. It amazes me how their hypocrisy extends to things way beyond religion.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:45 AM

19,979 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
These were both religious, Republican co-workers. It amazes me how their hypocrisy extends to things way beyond religion.
Well, but, you know, religion is harmless ... people should believe what they want ...

Old 04-06-2016, 09:01 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,553 times
They seem to believe if they are sinning, they must be doing something right. I see it here on the forum. Professed sinners telling me I am wrong not to submit.

I am amused.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 AM

19,979 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Just to get out in front of this:

Yes, on the headline date of this article, likely a majority of Christians* were not boinking their secretaries while decrying the loss of family values. And [sniff] no one in the nasty, hateful, lib-ruhl press thought THAT newsworthy. Although it occurs to me that no one in the Christian / conservative / alternative press thinks it newsworthy to print stories about ethical and morally admirable behavior by atheists ... but I digress.

* Although, I'm guessing, not most governors, Christian or otherwise

Old 04-06-2016, 01:59 PM

249 posts, read 188,760 times
Quote:
Imagine that!

Lol, that dirty b@stard is thumpin' more than his bible.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:09 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,213,959 times
Quote:
It was probably Satan who infiltrated his secretary and tempted him. He couldn't help himself as Satan is very powerful.

But that does bring up an important question.....how do you know when it's the work of the devil, or when you're just a hypocritical azzhole?

Old 04-06-2016, 05:48 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
Quote:
Imagine that!

OK...he's a hypocrite. Now what does that have to do with anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality