Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 04:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

auralmack, I have a hunch you might have run out of meds, or maybe forgot to take them.

I hope you can get back on track and feel better soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 04:19 PM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
All this bickering because I said something someone doesn't agree with.
Hate to get caught up in this. So unpleasant.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
auralmack, I have a hunch you might have run out of meds, or maybe forgot to take them.

I didn't know I got off track until mordant started slinging ink blots.
I've never have taken any meds. Run myself into exhaustion a few times but a good nights sleep always takes care of that. But I could maybe use a nap after all this bickering...why do that on a forum? Sometimes people shoot words over your head that you can't speed read, you have to stop and give it some thought...maybe a lot of thought...purposely vague. Have a good one Trout, I was just playing with you the first time I replied to you...but I still stand by what I posted. And it makes sense even if you don't understand it.

I'll take a few weeks off at least.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:48 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
All this bickering because I said something someone doesn't agree with.
Hate to get caught up in this. So unpleasant.
I do not know what you expect when you claim to be speaking for god, call me "some pulp" (not sure what that is but doesn't sound good) and then completely misconstrue what I said by suggesting that I "think it's God's fault". And then while claiming I don't know "anything at all" about what you think about God, you claim to know somehow that my parenting skills are lacking and that I abrogated my parental responsibilities to a "beast system".

And now that you've been called on your bad behavior you are affecting to be all baffled, confused, hurt, tired, and put upon and of course suggesting that I have beat you up and been mean when all I did was remonstrate you for crossing a legitimate personal boundary.

It would seem that, like many theists, you can dish it out but can't take it. If so I agree that, yes, you might want to take a break and while on it, consider that if you don't want bickering perhaps it would be a good strategy to not bicker yourself. And should you slip, it might be a matter of personal integrity for you to offer an apology rather than excuses and more of the same.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:43 AM

689 posts, read 549,695 times
Micah 3:4 (NIV)
4 Then they will cry out to the LORD, but he will not answer them. At that time he will hide his face from them because of the evil they have done.

Psalm 19:12 (NIV2011)
12 But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults.

God is completely sin incompatible. While humans in this age will have to sin here and there even without there own knowledge, that's actually why Jesus is needed.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:38 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
And mordant you just keep on guessing and guessing and guessing about other people, I doubt anyone could read that stuff you write. Bland and unpleasant...but that's just my opinion if I had the right to have one here.
The postings of mordant drag the caliber of this forum up considerably.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The postings of mordant drag the caliber of this forum up considerably.
So do your's.

I read them anyway.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So do your's.

I read them anyway.
I agree with both sentiments about both gentlemen.

They raise the bar of intelligent discourse to a level most of us can only aspire.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Hear TLYG: If I can't work with you, I sure can't work for you.

What kind of med would you suggest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality