Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 08:09 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, we are saying the same thing. But what aludes you is the focus of my statment. You are focused on this "place holding" bla bla bla.

what I changed the focus of you post to observational and repeatable data that suggest some reasonable conclusions. We do not know what it is, but you cannot claim "absolutely no evidence" based on this "place holder" convolution of yours. Yes, you claim it's me. That's normal because it's never you.
You still seem to be missing it. The Observations (calculations) show that something is there that we didn't know of. The 'placeholder' reference is to the names 'Dark matter' and 'dark energy' which are 'placeholder' names for something we know nothing about. You have nothing here to disagree with Nozz about. Unless you are aware of some discoveries that have found out what this stuff is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 08:55 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You still seem to be missing it. The Observations (calculations) show that something is there that we didn't know of. The 'placeholder' reference is to the names 'Dark matter' and 'dark energy' which are 'placeholder' names for something we know nothing about. You have nothing here to disagree with Nozz about. Unless you are aware of some discoveries that have found out what this stuff is.
Well...what we can know it is for sure is "God".
ALL = GOD equates to that "stuff" (whatever it is) being God.
We learn more and more about God every day...and we will know all about that "dark" stuff in due time.
The best part of this is the "Razor" aspect of it. So, now, EVERYTHING is "God" (thus God exists) and we no longer have to bother with that ignorance based "Atheist" concept.
Well...good to have that squared away!!

Old 06-29-2016, 10:50 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Hold on lads, aren't you really in agreement? The Observations indicate that Dark Matter and Dark energy is really there, but the names are not describing anything other than our ignorance of what (if anything) they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Exactly. He is saying the exact same thing I am just with different words. As usual it is just a language issue as English is not his first language and he thinks a difference is there that is not.

Exactly . I have had entire threads with AA arguing I am wrong, only at the end to have him say the exact same thing I have been saying all along, and when I point out that that's what I was saying from the beginning he says something about me finally agreeing with him.

Obviously there is some language barrier there that becomes unresolvable when he hits argument mode, so I simply don't bother with him anymore . I don't think we disagree about much, but he seems to have difficulty grasping what others are saying .

Old 06-29-2016, 12:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
^ Indeed. But what people making such comments about Dark Energy and Matter, and the evidence for them, also fail to realize is that those terms are placeholders for our ignorance.
back to the original statement.

" ... and the evidence for them, also fail to realize is that those terms are placeholders for our ignorance."

I merely pointed out that the evidence used for them is "real", not a place holder and that the claim "something caused them" is not a claim from ignorance. the claim, 'something is there", is based on what we do know. It's a claim based on what we do know.

That's what I said.

It means that claiming "something caused those observations" is more valid than claiming the observations are based on ignorance. It also means that claiming something is causing the observations is more valid that saying "dark something" and that it is based on lack of information. Its real information/observations that leads us to see something there.

thats it people. we can focus on lack of information (dark stuff). or we can focus on the onbservations. they are not "dark observations".

Old 06-29-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Exactly . I have had entire threads with AA arguing I am wrong, only at the end to have him say the exact same thing I have been saying all along, and when I point out that that's what I was saying from the beginning he says something about me finally agreeing with him.

Obviously there is some language barrier there that becomes unresolvable when he hits argument mode, so I simply don't bother with him anymore . I don't think we disagree about much, but he seems to have difficulty grasping what others are saying .
yeah, it takes 10 times to answer you before you see it. I think you can take only one bit of information at a time. after that you get confused and angry. Forget about it if we don't agree with you. your panties get all bunched up.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:48 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
yeah, it takes 10 times to answer you before you see it. I think you can take only one bit of information at a time. after that you get confused and angry. Forget about it if we don't agree with you. your panties get all bunched up.

Newsflash . When multiple people are recognizing that YOU are constantly misunderstanding others posts , the problem is YOU , not the 3 or 4 you are having misunderstandings with .

The problem Nozz describes with you misunderstanding him is the very problem I had with you . You don't really grasp what you are arguing about , but you argue alway.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
back to the original statement.

" ... and the evidence for them, also fail to realize is that those terms are placeholders for our ignorance."

I merely pointed out that the evidence used for them is "real", not a place holder and that the claim "something caused them" is not a claim from ignorance. the claim, 'something is there", is based on what we do know. It's a claim based on what we do know.

That's what I said.

It means that claiming "something caused those observations" is more valid than claiming the observations are based on ignorance. It also means that claiming something is causing the observations is more valid that saying "dark something" and that it is based on lack of information. Its real information/observations that leads us to see something there.

thats it people. we can focus on lack of information (dark stuff). or we can focus on the onbservations. they are not "dark observations".
I don't get the problem. Nobody is disagreeing with that. The 'placeholder' comment is reflecting that we know nothing about the stuff other than it appears to be there and - as you say -presumably had some kind of origin.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:45 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Newsflash! When multiple people are recognizing that YOU are constantly misunderstanding others posts, the problem is YOU, not the 3 or 4 you are having misunderstandings with.

The problem Nozz describes with you misunderstanding him is the very problem I had with you . You don't really grasp what you are arguing about, but you argue anyway.
Could not have said it better myself.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I don't get the problem. Nobody is disagreeing with that. The 'placeholder' comment is reflecting that we know nothing about the stuff other than it appears to be there and - as you say -presumably had some kind of origin.
yes, I knew you would get it, "dark" Its not an argument based on gaps or ignorance. Its an argument based on observations that can be repeated.

when he said.

The evidence is not the place holder. is all I meant.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
yes, I knew you would get it, "dark" Its not an argument based on gaps or ignorance. Its an argument based on observations that can be repeated.

when he said.

The evidence is not the place holder. is all I meant.
That's what we all mean, too. Argument over?

Apparently not. It just has no point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality