Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 01:04 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
IIRC, you are ok with states having official religions...
Yes. They did in 1776 and I believe that if a state wants to do that, the Constitution does not limit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 01:05 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yeah, RRRRRRRight!
Reagan...the Prez that signed a law (PL 97-280) that officially declared, "The Bible, the Word of God"!
Because of him...the U.S. Government has actually legally designating The Bible to be "The Word of God".
Don't believe me? Check it out...you'll see.
What did that "law" say? (I looked it up)

Does it have any effect on USA citizens today? (I know the answer, I looked it up)

How did it impact anyone's belief or non-belief? (I know the answer, I looked it up)

You are being so disingenuous with your posting, I would almost put you down as a fundy Xtian.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:26 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
What did that "law" say? (I looked it up)

Does it have any effect on USA citizens today? (I know the answer, I looked it up)

How did it impact anyone's belief or non-belief? (I know the answer, I looked it up)

You are being so disingenuous with your posting, I would almost put you down as a fundy Xtian.
Look at this. Note the comments on the Law by Pastor Sheldon Emry.
It has that potential to be used as a legal argument in those situations:
Year of the Bible, Public Law 97-280

My point is: As usual...you continue with your fervent and obsessive effort to bash, slam, and criticize Religion and the Religious (hundreds of Belief bashing threads by you).
This time...what you state is the exact opposite of the reality of actions that occured! Funny!

Old 06-29-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Look at this. Note the comments on the Law by Pastor Sheldon Emry.
It has that potential to be used as a legal argument in those situations:
Year of the Bible, Public Law 97-280

My point is: As usual...you continue with your fervent and obsessive effort to bash, slam, and criticize Religion and the Religious (hundreds of Belief bashing threads by you).
This time...what you state is the exact opposite of the reality of actions that occured! Funny!
Right, it was a proclamation that 1983 was "the year of the bible", the "year of tricentenial of German settlement" and the "year of volunteerism" . In 1984, it was "the year of the ocean" and "the year of the St. Lawrence seaway". I can go on and on.

It means butkis.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Right, it was a proclamation that 1983 was "the year of the bible", the "year of tricentenial of German settlement" and the "year of volunteerism" . In 1984, it was "the year of the ocean" and "the year of the St. Lawrence seaway". I can go on and on.

It means butkis.
Wrong...again. It means as much as any Law passed by Congress and signed into effect by a President.
It can certainly be used as a legal argument against anything contradictory to it.
Funny you didn’t note THAT by Prez Reagan. Why not? It is certainly much more significant of his position. Something he signed into Law in the course of his official duties carries way more weight than some off-the-cuff comment.
Oh, and...Learn the LAW Of THE LAND man! The Bible IS the "WORD OF GOOOOOOOD!" Which would necessarily conclude that the U.S. Government has legally declared that Biblegod exists!! The guy you noted in your OP said so! And don't you ever forget it! HaHahHa!

Old 06-29-2016, 04:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I am cool with this. But I don't have a say in where my taxes go.
Sure you do. Every time you walk into a voting booth.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Wrong...again. It means as much as any Law passed by Congress and signed into effect by a President.
It can certainly be used as a legal argument against anything contradictory to it.
Funny you didn’t note THAT by Prez Reagan. Why not? It is certainly much more significant of his position. Something he signed into Law in the course of his official duties carries way more weight than some off-the-cuff comment.
Oh, and...Learn the LAW Of THE LAND man! The Bible IS the "WORD OF GOOOOOOOD!" Which would necessarily conclude that the U.S. Government has legally declared that Biblegod exists!! The guy you noted in your OP said so! And don't you ever forget it! HaHahHa!
Welcome to the debaiting (spelled that way on purpose) tactics of Goldie.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the debaiting (spelled that way on purpose) tactics of Goldie.
No actual rebuttal, huh? Didn't think so.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:53 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,646 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you're not a lawyer.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
No actual rebuttal, huh? Didn't think so.
You've already been shown these proclmations mean butkis. And before you claim no rebuttal, it is intersting that you have not responded to the questions in Post 22.

All you did was deflect. Now, answer those questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality