Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 06:27 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Did you experience it again? How often? How recently? Or was it just the one time 40 years ago?
... still waiting for an answer from "Mystic "...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 07:09 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
... still waiting for an answer from "Mystic "...
Patience, Tzaph. Why does it matter to you?? I have explained this so many times. The first experience was unexpected and exceptional, but it was not the only time. I routinely go into deep meditation sufficiently to detect this consciousness. At first, I interacted with it to subjectively assure myself it was real. Time to time transients would manifest during my meditation and they were confusing. My tests consisted of trying to consciously alter my experiences. When I could alter them, I knew they were from my subconscious and not real. The transients, I learned were strong mental projections from people who were for one reason or another strongly emoting and thinking about me. As time has passed my physical limitations have reduced my interactions but a physical manifestation we used as a signal between us (feeling of pressure in the middle of my forehead) has become a routine reminder to His presence.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:37 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You missed the smiley, but now that you mention it that could explain the 12 tribes, 12 zodiac signs, woohoo!! I am beginning to get this symbolic stuff. I can see the true extent of the vibrational impact on our cognitive speculations and memes.
Just the same way that prophecy works. Make it vague and it serves as a template for whatever is needed.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:01 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
...As time has passed my physical limitations have reduced my interactions ....
how can physical limitations have any bearing or be a limiting factor? How can being in relationship with the Divine be dependent on the condition of the human body?

Old 08-17-2016, 12:34 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Just the same way that prophecy works. Make it vague and it serves as a template for whatever is needed.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:49 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
how can physical limitations have any bearing or be a limiting factor? How can being in relationship with the Divine be dependent on the condition of the human body?
My relationship with the Divine is NOT dependent on my physical condition, but my access to the deeper meditative states IS. I was only successful in achieving the deepest states because of biofeedback control over my physiology. I achieved deep meditative states under conscious control by driving my heart rate and breathing down. I was a fairly young physically fit testosterone-driven martial artist who saw it as a challenge to see how "low can you go." The result was a shock but it was experienced under complete conscious control which accounts for my certainty. I have steadily lost the youth, fitness, and physiological control as I aged.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:54 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
My comparative religion courses, my reading of the bible and comparing it in two different languages, my reading of an 8 volume concordance on the KJV, my reading of Cantor's history and numerous other books by scholars, not opinion commentators, entitles me to make observations that go far beyond what someone "feels in their heart" or some pastor babbles from the pulpit. They only went to a seminary, and frankly, their knowledge in many cases are skewed towards reiterating what was presented to them, with no critical thinking being implemented.<<

You can read ans study till the cows come home but if you are not a Christian, you do not have the ability to understand the Bible. 2 Cor 2:14---Have you studied that part of the Bible. lYOu oactdually reinforce the accuracy of that verse.

You, on the other hand, depend on your circular thinking of the bible proving the bible that it is the word of an omni entity.

What is my circular thinking? Be specific.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 364 times
I view Scripture as a holy book, and important, but I do not want to fall into any form of Bibleolatry or turn it into a paper pope. We are in church to worship God, not the Bible. Calling the Bible the Word of God is blasphemous to me, because Scripture itself reserves this term only for the Second Person of teh Trinity. I view Scripture as the product of a God-human interaction. Divinely inspired as the Bible may be, it is still the product of a prescientific, semi-barbaric, prescientific, sexist, racist culture. In addition, there are about 100 contradictions in Scripture. I delight in finding errors and contradictions in Scripture, because it reminds me that only God is perfect and to be worshipped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality