Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 11:25 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
At the OP....I went to the ARK last year, and it was PACKED, fully packed, and it wasn't even a weekend. I highly recommend the experience to anyone, it's an astounding piece of work inside and out, and you simply can't imagine the size of it all, without seeing it for yourself. Peace
Pass. It would cost over $100 for my family to go. Just to see a delusional nutjobs interpretation of ridiculous story, all so he can line his pockets with the gullible or curious folks money. So, no thanks. I also have things like the USS Alabama nearby, that would be just as impressive. It also doesn't have Jesus riding dinosaurs or whatever.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:35 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Pass. It would cost over $100 for my family to go. Just to see a delusional nutjobs interpretation of ridiculous story, all so he can line his pockets with the gullible or curious folks money. So, no thanks. I also have things like the USS Alabama nearby, that would be just as impressive. It also doesn't have Jesus riding dinosaurs or whatever.

I've seen the USS Alabama, too. No comparison, sorry. But to each his own. Peace

Old 07-18-2017, 11:38 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Surprise, surprise, the fundie sees no problems with the folks at the ark encounter screwing the people of Kentucky. Cheat the government for Jesus, huh?
Exactly.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:45 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
I've seen the USS Alabama, too. No comparison, sorry. But to each his own. Peace
Sorry, Rbbi, but a big, plain ole wooden boat is not that impressive. Having big open spaces inside? Not impressive. Having fake dinosaurs in cages? Not impressive. Glorified theme park? Not impressive. Shoddily made "documentaries"? Not impressive. $40 per adult (plus $10 parking)? Not impressive. Watching grown people talk about how every species of animal could have fit on this ark? Not impressive.

Anywho....

Old 07-18-2017, 11:50 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
The politicians who funded this with taxpayer dollars should be impeached. It goes without saying that half of that $18 million ended up in their pockets and Ham's pockets to feather their nest. Christianity: corrupt to to the rotten core.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:51 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Sorry, Rbbi, but a big, plain ole wooden boat is not that impressive. Having big open spaces inside? Not impressive. Having fake dinosaurs in cages? Not impressive. Glorified theme park? Not impressive. Shoddily made "documentaries"? Not impressive. $40 per adult (plus $10 parking)? Not impressive. Watching grown people talk about how every species of animal could have fit on this ark? Not impressive.

Anywho....

It doesn't matter whether you believe in G-d or not. The Amish built this thing, and it's a carpenter's dream, the workmanship is impeccable. But as I said, to each, his own. Peace

Old 07-18-2017, 12:02 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
So what? Most people don't believe like you. Go to trip advisor and you'll see hundreds of glowing reviews. Thousands of people are making trips to the Ark and having a good experience. And those thousands of people bring in tourism revenue so claiming that the Ark screws the State of Kentucky out of money is ridiculous.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:03 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The Ark Encounter executives are now taking steps to avoid paying taxes on what was intended to be a for profit venture by selling the $48 million dollar plot of land that the ark sits on to a non profit Christian foundation for $10. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it Kentucky taxpayers!
Actually, they're using existing tax law to avoid paying taxes, as was promised when they built it.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:05 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Surprise, surprise, the fundie sees no problems with the folks at the ark encounter screwing the people of Kentucky. Cheat the government for Jesus, huh?
Keep in mind, it was the elected officials that promised the tax-free status. It wasn't AIG that decided to play games. They are simply using established tax law to get what was promised.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:01 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Keep in mind, it was the elected officials that promised the tax-free status. It wasn't AIG that decided to play games. They are simply using established tax law to get what was promised.
Which is yet more reason for the long overdue tax exemption for profitable businesses if they can link it to religion to be struck out.
Quote:
It doesn't matter whether you believe in G-d or not. The Amish built this thing, and it's a carpenter's dream, the workmanship is impeccable. But as I said, to each, his own. Peace
It looks very nice, I agree. When in Random Factors' good time it becomes a much more worthwhile museum of evolution (they have the best Pakicetus replica ever) , it will look even better and a sight more informative. Probably cheaper to get into, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So what? Most people don't believe like you. Go to trip advisor and you'll see hundreds of glowing reviews. Thousands of people are making trips to the Ark and having a good experience. And those thousands of people bring in tourism revenue so claiming that the Ark screws the State of Kentucky out of money is ridiculous.
You have to bear in mind the partisan effect.

People who go to the beach to laze in the sun will write glowing reviews about the beach and the sun. The ones who find beaches boring won't write a review about it - they simply won't go.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-18-2017 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.