Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 03:47 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Well, I guess we really can't rule out LastThursdayism, then. I mean, there is always that possibility.
Nah, its all a simulation.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:48 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Nah, its all a simulation.
And then there is NoSpoonism.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:53 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Because much of what passes for geology, physics and chemistry is essentially, pop science.

You seem quite outspoken about religious matters. You've made it clear what you think of God and other "superstitions".

You don't know that it HAS NOT, either. You've merely assumed it.

I have said that I do not believe in God and I have also said that people should not use their religion as a tool against others. How is that theology? When have I ever called it a superstition? I stay out of discussions about theology. Again you pass judgment on geology physics and chemistry without any qualifications nor even any examples.

I am sorry but this is a dishonest discussion. Either give an example of where I have claimed superior knowledge of theology or show another way to back your claim. My only thoughts of god is I do not believe in his existence. I do think that many of those who do believe in him must think of him as a rather limited and a bit dumb of a person with a quick and nasty temper and acts very petty at times. I also do not believe in the other gods and goddesses. If I do not believe in any of the Gods then I do not believe in what you might be thinking I called superstitions which would be what, the rising of the dead or the parting of the sea? And if you look I told others that it was religion not superstitions so I am unclear as to why you even use that term with me.

And you keep assuming that the Bible was written down correctly the first time and each time it was copied.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:56 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
What I find offensive is that religious fanatics convinced the governor of one of the poorest states in the country to give $18 million in taxpayer funds to the con artist who built this park, while cutting education and health care programs for impoverished children.

But you're fine with that, apparently.
It's worse that that. I think I linked an article about the TIF bond funding. $62 million of TIF bonds were raised to fund the project; in other words, his christian hoards would not donate.

What is TIF funding? It means future tax revenue from the Ark Encounter is diverted to repay the TIF bonds; in other words, the community (in this case the nearby town of Williamstown) gets only 25% tax revenue until all the bonds are paid off.

What happens if the Ark Encounter goes broke? The citizens of Williamstown are liable for the bond repayments.

Nice work if you can get it.

Want to hear the worst of it? The employees of the Ark Encounter will be charged a 2% tax on their gross earnings to help pay off those bonds.

Don't believe me, for the Jeff's and the Vizio's of this forum? Here is the full agreement of this horrible arrangement within the minutes of the Town Council:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/py5992dskm...age55.pdf?dl=0 (scroll down to page 71 of 124)

Can you imagine paying a 2% tax on your gross income, just so where you work helps pay for the financing? That is verging on criminal.

I can virtually guarantee that the supporters of this monstrosity will not look into the details I outline here. Perhaps because they know by now when I document things, it is reality?

Old 07-14-2016, 03:59 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
That is verging on criminal.
Verging on?!?!?

Old 07-14-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Which has been beat to death. We get it. You don't buy Noah's ark. Move on. No, atheists LOVE to harp on this one story because it doesn't fit well with a modern day landscape.
See my expose of how employees have to pay 2% of their income to help repay the bonds in my post above.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I think you have chosen which sources to believe. You have placed your faith in the assumptions and theories of one group over the beliefs of others.
You still don't want to understand what a scientific theory is, do you? THAT is called willful ignorance, as you have been advised many, many times what the term 'theory' means in science.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:04 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Because much of what passes for geology, physics and chemistry is essentially, pop science.

You seem quite outspoken about religious matters. You've made it clear what you think of God and other "superstitions".

You don't know that it HAS NOT, either. You've merely assumed it.
Dissing science on the INTERNET? Via your COMPUTER?

Old 07-14-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Stop it Vizio. You are making yourself sound more and more ignorant than your intelligence should.

I think you better stop using all modern implements, including the vehicle you drive, the gun you shoot, the computer you type on. All of those are as a result of the use of geology (metals and oil), chemistry and physics. You CANNOT separate the science used for those purposes from the SAME science used to date the earth, or analyse its components. Name one aspect of any of those sciences that are used wrongly, or in your words, in a "pop science" manner.

Just one of those three will suffice. But knowing you, you will not answer, because you can not.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:21 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
At least according to the version of the story that you choose to believe...
Do you ever get tired of being on the wrong side of reality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.