Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2016, 08:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I believe you are the one who disgusting ripped into me for sharing my music with Alzheimer and assisted living people.
Wrong again.

Now...instead of spending time attempting to besmirch me....I suggest you think about the people who look at Christians with disgust when one of them (that's you) tells people to swallow their vomit.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-25-2016 at 09:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 09:17 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistAstroGuy View Post
For the record, I was myself a Evangelical Christian for about a third of my life. I've read the bible entirely multiple times and the gospels much more than that. I had the Bible rammed down my throat such that I couldn't believe anything else. Fortunately in college I was a science major and couldn't deny the evolutionary evidence vs. the bible said so. It still tool another 10 years before I stopped believing.
Yep there is no denying the overwhelming evidence supporting Evolution. I think a person would have to be very ignorant, obtuse or in total denial to not understand the evidence.

Out of curiosity why did it take you and additional 10 years to stop believing in Evangelical Christian propaganda?

Old 07-25-2016, 09:28 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wrong again.

Now...instead of spending time attempting to besmirch me....I suggest you think about the people who look at Christians with disgust when one of them (that's you) tells people to swallow their vomit.
Do you really have nothing to contribute to the discussion beyond the tired shaming routine? Someone needs to declare bankruptcy.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:31 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Please show me where Jesus said to LOVE the sinner and LOVE the sin. That is a gross perversion of truth. He never approved of their sin. He told them to change their ways. You are flat wrong. Extremely wrong.
According to the Gospels, he also said not to judge others. My reading of his alleged sayings us that he accepted sin as a part of human nature, not that he didn't instruct us to try to do better.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:48 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Please show me where Jesus said to LOVE the sinner and LOVE the sin. That is a gross perversion of truth. He never approved of their sin. He told them to change their ways. You are flat wrong. Extremely wrong.
I just showed you where Jesus DIRECTED people to LOVE their enemies...full stop. Please show me in the Bible where Jesus said "love the sinner, hate the sin." He never did. That is a gross perversion of the Gospel. You are flat wrong.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:49 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
This thread started with nasty accusations and totally ridiculous statements about evolution and went downhill swiftly from there. I still contend that is is a deliberate attempt to rile up atheists. The attacks on believers who are not nasty just added to the hostility.

Jeff, any animosity in this thread is your responsibility. Yours alone. And your attacks on other believers is unexcuseable and an apology is due them. Not that it would be expected.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:58 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
Belief in evolution is a great way to destroy faith. And destruction of faith is destruction of hope. And destruction of hope is a rise in fear. And fear is a great way to control people. And that's what the power of the purse wants. Control. And what do we usually see? Scientists coming out with reports that are rarely positive, and usually frightening.
Yes we know Jeff.....Christians such as yourself have been using fear to control the masses since your religion was first invented...

Quote:
Religion is based, I think, primarily and mainly upon fear. It is partly the terror of the unknown and partly, as I have said, the wish to feel that you have a kind of elder brother who will stand by you in all your troubles and disputes....A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage; it does not need a regretful hankering after the past or a fettering of the free intelligence by the words uttered long ago by ignorant men.......Bertrand Russell

Old 07-25-2016, 10:22 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
Belief in evolution is a great way to destroy faith. And destruction of faith is destruction of hope. And destruction of hope is a rise in fear. And fear is a great way to control people. And that's what the power of the purse wants. Control. And what do we usually see? Scientists coming out with reports that are rarely positive, and usually frightening.
This is the clearest example yet of psychological projection, jeff. You have described the method of religion perfectly. It gains members and money using fear and control with promises of love despite often hateful and unloving doctrines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes we know Jeff.....Christians such as yourself have been using fear to control the masses since your religion was first invented...
Amen!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:29 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Don't spew vomit and bile at me in the first place and such comments wouldn't be necessary.

Comments like that are counter-intuitive to a Spirit filled Christian. They should be, anyway.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:31 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I just showed you where Jesus DIRECTED people to LOVE their enemies...full stop. Please show me in the Bible where Jesus said "love the sinner, hate the sin." He never did. That is a gross perversion of the Gospel. You are flat wrong.

"Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Luke 5:31-32

Sorry but Jesus did not support sin. He called people to repent. You know what that means right?
It is being unloving to a person to stand by idlely and say nothing while they throw their life away down the path of sinful destruction. So love the person and say nothing about the sin doesn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality