Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 08:04 PM

55 posts, read 46,355 times

Advertisements

Do you believe in heaven or any kind of afterlife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 08:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Hahahahah....oooooooh, how funny.
And that would be a capital H., please...in this crowd....?
You must be new here!

Old 08-27-2016, 08:43 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushymama View Post
I see no valid reason to afford belief to it, no. Do you have evidence to offer? I would find it most interesting if you did.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
No description I've ever read or heard about heaven rings true.

So, no. I don't believe in a heaven.

And I won't say I believe in an afterlife.

But I will say, one wouldn't surprise me, overly.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:15 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Afterlife, yes. What kind is beyond my imagination. We are no better able to envision it than an infant in a mother's womb could imagine what its life would be like.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:40 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
No, not at all.

Old 08-28-2016, 02:28 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Do you believe there is a land over the rainbow called Oz? Do you believe that Santa has an invisible workshop and a team of flying reindeer at the North Pole? These things are known as make believe, and adults are supposed to grow out of make believe. But many people DO believe in a physical place known as Heaven. Not everyone, it seems, grows out of make believe beliefs when the grow up. And they will tell you in all sincerity that of course there is no invisible land known as Oz. And of course there is no Santa and no invisible workshop at the North Pole. But OF COURSE there is an invisible place called Heaven. And they know it is unquestionably true because their mommies and daddies said so.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:08 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,229 times
Afterlife? No. We die and become worm food, that is all. I find it quite a comforting thought, really.

Heaven? I know some places in Germany, Switzerland and Norway that are as close to heaven as one can get. And it isn't some gaudy middle-Eastern fantasy of gems and gold either.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:43 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Yes Heaven is a real place and it is not of this realm of the natural earth and universe which may be vast but not the end of existence ........... See the Holy Angels of God were not created to live in the earth , as it is foreign to them and their make up .........Jesus said His was not of the earth ................People who do not believe in Heaven do so out of the logic of the understand from the senses , as all they know is the natural earth and nothing else .......... There is only one way to Heaven and that is through Jesus Christ and Him only , as Jesus is God the redeemer , and the only judgment for God so man can go to Heaven , as none of the other religions of the world have a redeemer from God ....................Had a vision in the spirit of Heaven many years ago as there was a trip there on a lift to get the Heaven , and In Heaven there was millions of flowers of colors unheard of , and there was a vision that this vision was of God

Old 08-28-2016, 04:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes Heaven is a real place and it is not of this realm of the natural earth and universe which may be vast but not the end of existence
Verifiable evidence please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality