Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 02:06 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Even as a young altar boy in the 50s and 60s, I figured Satan got a bad rap. Here's a guy who is trying to teach mankind how to differentiate between what is good and what is evil.

One would think that's a positive thing.

But NOooooooooooooo!

Yaweh didn't want man to know the difference. Why?

Because that would wreck all his fun when it came time to judge and toss people into hell if they didn't sin.

So, he arranged things in such a way that mankind had to sin if they wanted to learn how to avoid sin.

But that's not all! He also made that first sin transferable, so that it infects every newborn on the planet for all time.

That - I suggest - is demonic and not at all godly.

Satan wears the white hat in Genesis. Yaweh is the bad guy.
Trout, I never thought I'd see the day you start a thread. What got into ya today, man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 02:24 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
I have long thought that there are a lot of parallels between Satan's role in the Garden of Eden myth and Prometheus's role in Greek mythology.

Satan - Gifts humans with knowledge, setting us apart from the other animals. God then sends us out into the hostile world where we utilize this knowledge to survive.

Prometheus - Gifts humans with fire/light, allowing us to survive in the hostile world and setting us apart from the other animals

Intellect/Knowledge could be thought of as fire/light of the mind.
Fire could be a symbol for manipulation/creation of tools, a symptom of intellect.

God(s) - In both cases, super pissed at Satan/Prometheus and man because they have "usurped" a power that used to only be in gods domain. God(s) condemns Satan to hell and Prometheus to what might as well be called hell. In both cases, the one actually looking out for human interests is the antagonist and the God(s) are actively campaigning against human interests.

Both fictional characters also share a lot of light/fire symbology.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Trout, I never thought I'd see the day you start a thread. What got into ya today, man?
Oh, I've started a few. Maybe 4-5.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:03 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
The left hand represents the heart hand just like the right hand could get the mark of the beast , represents the heart hand , or what you love the most ..... Still it was satan that manipulated men to sin , like satan manipulated hilter to kill millions , so satan is Not all that great ......

Old 09-29-2016, 03:08 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The left hand represents the heart hand just like the right hand could get the mark of the beast , represents the heart hand , or what you love the most ..... Still it was satan that manipulated men to sin , like satan manipulated hilter to kill millions , so satan is Not all that great ......
Satan works for G-d...

Old 09-29-2016, 03:09 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Because the right hand's good, mkay?...
No, it was because we all know what the ancients used their left hand for in the days before toilet paper....

Old 09-29-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I have long thought that there are a lot of parallels between Satan's role in the Garden of Eden myth and Prometheus's role in Greek mythology.

Satan - Gifts humans with knowledge, setting us apart from the other animals. God then sends us out into the hostile world where we utilize this knowledge to survive.

Prometheus - Gifts humans with fire/light, allowing us to survive in the hostile world and setting us apart from the other animals

Intellect/Knowledge could be thought of as fire/light of the mind.
Fire could be a symbol for manipulation/creation of tools, a symptom of intellect.

God(s) - In both cases, super pissed at Satan/Prometheus and man because they have "usurped" a power that used to only be in gods domain. God(s) condemns Satan to hell and Prometheus to what might as well be called hell. In both cases, the one actually looking out for human interests is the antagonist and the God(s) are actively campaigning against human interests.

Both fictional characters also share a lot of light/fire symbology.
Satan was never in the Garden...Unless you are talking about man and his free will...

Old 09-29-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, it was because we all know what the ancients used their left hand for in the days before toilet paper....
Some places still use there hand...There were times out in the bush were I had no choice and was lucky to have a canteen full of water...Which one would probably prefer that to what the SF do, especially the Navy SEALs...

Old 09-29-2016, 06:40 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,951 times
lucifer - "father of ALL lies".
Then there's the "many", who follow.

The knowingly are stupid.
The ignorant are blind.

Stupid, blind "tares".

Old 09-29-2016, 06:44 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
When you're sitting to the left of His Hand at Judgement, you tell Him that.
I'm just gonna ask, how the **** did Gary Anderson miss that field goal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality