Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 04:54 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I believe you are right, the people that God tells to flee Babylon are Jews, and He tells them to consider Jerusalem. That's stated in Jermiah 50 and 51.
Considering that America has almost as many Jews living here as in Israel you can see why God would give them this future warning. America's judgement comes from God, and God never tries His people in His judgements so I believe God will have another plan for His people that find themselves in future America. Also, many other people living in America will be returning to the lands from where they came because of the fear of the nothern nations. I believe America is going to face some wild times ahead. Yet we can see what is going to happen here by looking at the prophecies in Jermiah 50 and 51. Also Revelation 18.
Honestly, and I really don't mean to sound rude, but I don't think anything of the Bible as anything more than fiction. If you're trying to convince me that something crazy is going to happen to America in the near future, biblical verse doesn't really do much for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Honestly, and I really don't mean to sound rude, but I don't think anything of the Bible as anything more than fiction. If you're trying to convince me that something crazy is going to happen to America in the near future, biblical verse doesn't really do much for me.
No kidding. The people in my church have been saying its the end of time since I was a child, fast forward 40 years, things are still going on.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:25 PM

322 posts, read 737,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_SDCA View Post
I just find it hilarious that they are going to flee the US. As someone else pointed out, it's going to be hard to find anywhere more religious than America. I can already tell they are going to be REAL comfortable among us Europeans or those pesky Canadian liberals with civil unions.
The point in leaving is not that there awaits a perfect place somewhere else on Earth, but so as not to partake in her sins or her plagues.The end times involve a certain order of certain events. I'll begin with the destruction of the harlot, which is the secular entity of the USA (distinct from the Church in USA). The ship is going to sink, so we're gonna go ahead and get off the boat before it does. Then, we will have to deal with the evil beast, as will every one in the world. But soon then the LORD JESUS will return, destroy the beast, ressurect the saints and after the judgement, take His people to the Heavenly Jerusalem (not the earthly Jerusalem). The earth is GOD's footstoole. His throne will never be placed here! He rules over the Earth but His throne is in Heaven.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:44 PM

SO answer the question, where are you going to flee to, to avoid "partaking of her sins".

Surely for such a HUGE undertaking, you must have some plans of where your going to pick up and move to, I assume drag your family along to.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
I've heard that Antarctica is pretty non-denominational....

Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 PM

713 posts, read 1,957,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
What do you want to bet that the righteous in the UK believe the UK is Babylon.
According to the Bible Babylon has a mother.

America's has a mother... the UK.

strange...

Old 03-03-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I've heard that Antarctica is pretty non-denominational....
Perfect, maybe the can avoid the fires of hell by hanging out on the ice cap.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 AM

322 posts, read 737,834 times
Quote:
SO answer the question, where are you going to flee to, to avoid "partaking of her sins".

Surely for such a HUGE undertaking, you must have some plans of where your going to pick up and move to, I assume drag your family along to.
I will drag no one! I came up on the rough side of the mountain. GOD is my strength! My faith and trust is in LORD JESUS. HE has delivered me from many dangers. A hurracane at sea, a loaded gun pointed at my face more than once, through many dangers to numerous to list. But, I love all people and am sensitive to the needs of the weaker. I of my self am nothing. The LORD is my strength. I already stated Canada as my goal. People cross that border every day. What's the big deal about that? I see Canadians driving on the interstate. Aparrently they drag thier families across the border. My youngest son is 18. I hope they will choose to go. I'd love to have thier help along the way. Worry,fear, and panic has no place in the camp of the saints.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
I will drag no one! I came up on the rough side of the mountain. GOD is my strength! My faith and trust is in LORD JESUS. HE has delivered me from many dangers. A hurracane at sea, a loaded gun pointed at my face more than once, through many dangers to numerous to list. But, I love all people and am sensitive to the needs of the weaker. I of my self am nothing. The LORD is my strength. I already stated Canada as my goal. People cross that border every day. What's the big deal about that? I see Canadians driving on the interstate. Aparrently they drag thier families across the border. My youngest son is 18. I hope they will choose to go. I'd love to have thier help along the way. Worry,fear, and panic has no place in the camp of the saints.
Are you planning on legally Emmigrating there? Canadians come here to visit but don't as often come here illegally.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 AM

397 posts, read 1,025,895 times
Quote:
Aren't you gutted that they're leaving. What are we going to do with all those empty churches?

Since they have to get far away from the US and there are so many of them, where on earth (or in the Universe) are they going to end up?
I don't know - I just hope they don't go to Germany. If things get hot here in the US, and I have to return to my "homeland" and all, I'd prefer to not have thousands of religious fanatics at my doorstep. Although, come to think of it, then it might be like living in America again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality