Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:44 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you and your friends hadn't spewed vomit and lies (like the above post calling me a socipath) then the comment would not have been necessary.
LOL! There you go again, Jeff. Twisting what I said to suit your own agenda.

Do you know what this symbol means in the English language? ----> "?"

Yes, Jeff, it is a question mark. It's used at the end of sentences to denote a question, an interrogative. If you see one of those squiggy marks with a dot underneath, it means I'm asking you a question. People usually ask questions to learn the answer to something they don't know.

For instance: "What, are you some kind of sociopath?"

I didn't call you a sociopath, Jeff, I simply asked if you were one. Asked. Because I don't know. How could I? But when you have disgusting men blaming minority groups they happen not to like for Al Qaeda terrorism, hurricanes, and psychos shooting up a kindergarten classroom and your response is: "So what?" Well, that sounds like the type of thing a sociopath would say.

But, here you are, yet again, falsely claiming that I called you a sociopath just so you can use it to wallow in your persecution complex like a pig in a mud puddle.

("She called me a pig! Those atheists do nothing but insult people! Boohoo!")

Then you have the audacity, temerity, and unmitigated gall to act all indignant and sanctimonious when I get angry at your refusal to listen -- much less tell the truth and debate honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 05:43 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
LOL! There you go again, Jeff. Twisting what I said to suit your own agenda.

Do you know what this symbol means in the English language? ----> "?"

Yes, Jeff, it is a question mark. It's used at the end of sentences to denote a question, an interrogative. If you see one of those squiggy marks with a dot underneath, it means I'm asking you a question. People usually ask questions to learn the answer to something they don't know.

For instance: "What, are you some kind of sociopath?"

I didn't call you a sociopath, Jeff, I simply asked if you were one. Asked. Because I don't know. How could I? But when you have disgusting men blaming minority groups they happen not to like for Al Qaeda terrorism, hurricanes, and psychos shooting up a kindergarten classroom and your response is: "So what?" Well, that sounds like the type of thing a sociopath would say.

Don't insult my intelligence. I know full well that this is a lame tactic to disguise an insult or personal insult rather than a legitimate question. If I told someone, "are you a retard or what?" then that is basically calling that person a retard.

Quote:

Then you have the audacity, temerity, and unmitigated gall to act all indignant and sanctimonious when I get angry at your refusal to listen -- much less tell the truth and debate honestly.
At this point, I find your outrage humorous. lol I suspect there is another reason why your feathers ruffle easy today.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
If you and your friends hadn't spewed vomit and lies (like the above post calling me a socipath) then the comment would not have been necessary.
Another attempt to justify/excuse bad behavior.

I've zero control over what other people post. Never mind the fact that you would be unable to come up with a single post in which I've lied about you. Is urging you to go to a ballgame with your friends considered "spewing vomit"? It's hard to keep track....

Old 11-09-2016, 06:01 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:

At this point, I find your outrage humorous. lol I suspect there is another reason why your feathers ruffle easy today.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:44 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
Quote:
Don't insult my intelligence.
I can't insult what isn't there.

(Now THAT is a personal attack. Get it, yet?)

Quote:
I know full well that this is a lame tactic to disguise an insult or personal insult rather than a legitimate question. If I told someone, "are you a retard or what?" then that is basically calling that person a retard.
You're just bound and determined to lie your mouth off today, aren't you? Yep, I think you are.

If you were Pinnocchio, your nose would stretch from here to Seattle -- and I'm on the east coast.

I've read your posts, obviously, and I see how you revel in twisting everything into either a personal insult or an insult against Christians just so you can justify your socially maladaptive persecution issues. Strange how this issue of personal attacks *always* manages to divert the conversation away from the actual religious topics that you so poorly defend.

I wonder why that is, hmm, Jeff? Is it because you have skin the thickness of tissue paper? Or are you purposefully leading the conversation away from religion because you know you're intellectually incapable of defending your own belief system? Especially given that your version of Christianity is quite literally anti-social and considered heinous and immoral by the majority of people in the Western world. You should truly learn to understand just how bankrupt your views really are. But you won't, and I have neither the professional skills or credentials to give you the help you so desperately need.

So, I'm not going to discuss the issue of personal attacks any longer. If you want to wail about like a child throwing a tantrum, that's for you to decide, but I'm not going to waste another keystroke on this tangential and off-topic topic.

Quote:
Ah, but see, I don't have any "outrage," Jeff. I just happen to write more passionately than some others do; we all have our own styles which, of course, you should know by now.

Now I am going to call you a sociopath ... because that is the kind of response a sociopath would give. Instead of trying to understand my so-called "outrage" and perhaps try to talk me down, you, instead, find it "humorous." I usually care if I truly upset someone. It bothers me. I feel a sense of guilt. The first thing I want to do is try to resolve the situation and come to understand what happened. But you? Nah ... you just laugh. Teehee, I guess, right? That's sociopathic behavior.

Humorous. Hmm. Well, fortunately, I was never truly outraged but I do get highly irritated when, as I keep saying, people like you invent liberal and atheist positions about things like gun control. Instead of acknowledging and respecting our *real* opinions on the topic, you simply ignore what we say and put words in our mouths essentially "strawmanning" our arguments half to death.

It gets tiresome ... but instead of seeing this as a problem and perhaps going back and re-reading my posts and realizing, "Oh yeah, she *did* say before that she wasn't advocating the banning of guns," you'll instead, repeatedly, claim my stance is to ban guns.

You have zero social skills as far as I'm concerned and it's no wonder fundamentalist extremism got its hooks into you since I'm betting you were disenfranchised, culturally isolated, and rather lonely even before you decided to join with the most monstrous members of our society.

But hey, who really cares, right? You obviously don't. Other Christians I debate with, there are limits, I guess you could say. Even Vizio and I, who rarely ever agree, understand that there's a line. Not you, though ... and you also fail to acknowledge the freedom and rights of others which makes you the enemy of everything I believe in. Then you wonder why I'm harsh with you. Expecting respect while giving none back is foolish and narcissistic. You'll get none from me.

Last edited by Shirina; 11-10-2016 at 03:54 AM.. Reason: My imaginary outrage caused me to smash my keyboard resulting in "S" being typed 4,329 times. I had to rewrite my post.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I can't insult what isn't there.

(Now THAT is a personal attack. Get it, yet?)

So you're not above throwing out personal insults. Thankfully I strive not to sink down to that level.

Quote:

You're just bound and determined to lie your mouth off today, aren't you? Yep, I think you are.

If you were Pinnocchio, your nose would stretch from here to Seattle -- and I'm on the east coast.

I've read your posts, obviously, and I see how you revel in twisting everything into either a personal insult or an insult against Christians just so you can justify your socially maladaptive persecution issues. Strange how this issue of personal attacks *always* manages to divert the conversation away from the actual religious topics that you so poorly defend.
So you just threw out a blatant personal insult, admitted to it, and now saying I am just imagining the insults? Jeepers, at least be consistent. I can post example after example where I calmly enter into a discussion and it immediately degrades into personal attacks against me.

Quote:

I wonder why that is, hmm, Jeff? Is it because you have skin the thickness of tissue paper? Or are you purposefully leading the conversation away from religion because you know you're intellectually incapable of defending your own belief system? Especially given that your version of Christianity is quite literally anti-social and considered heinous and immoral by the majority of people in the Western world. You should truly learn to understand just how bankrupt your views really are. But you won't, and I have neither the professional skills or credentials to give you the help you so desperately need.

Sad that you have such a false and jaded view of my version of Christianity. My version of Christianity believes in treating people with kindness, having a desire to love and help people. But I guess that is SO IMMORAL, right?

Quote:

So, I'm not going to discuss the issue of personal attacks any longer. If you want to wail about like a child throwing a tantrum, that's for you to decide, but I'm not going to waste another keystroke on this tangential and off-topic topic.
I made a simple comment. You are the one who went off on a huge rant even saying you wish you could inflict an act of violence through your computer monitor. But hey you're the morally superior calm person here, right?

Quote:

Ah, but see, I don't have any "outrage," Jeff. I just happen to write more passionately than some others do; we all have our own styles which, of course, you should know by now.

Now I am going to call you a sociopath ... because that is the kind of response a sociopath would give. Instead of trying to understand my so-called "outrage" and perhaps try to talk me down, you, instead, find it "humorous." I usually care if I truly upset someone. It bothers me. I feel a sense of guilt. The first thing I want to do is try to resolve the situation and come to understand what happened. But you? Nah ... you just laugh. Teehee, I guess, right? That's sociopathic behavior.
You can call me whatever you want. That's your freedom, although this board used to have a rule against rude inflammatory comments. If it makes you feel good to run me down, have at it. But it comes at a price. And that price is your integrity. To label someone without even knowing 99% of that person's daily life experience is extreme intellectual dishonesty and flat out arrogance.

Quote:

You have zero social skills as far as I'm concerned and it's no wonder fundamentalist extremism got its hooks into you since I'm betting you were disenfranchised, culturally isolated, and rather lonely even before you decided to join with the most monstrous members of our society.

You are no different than the people heard who claim I am a closet gay. You don't know me, my history or life experiences or my social life to make such an assessment. Yet it's just another personal attack in the same thread where you claim I don't get personally attacked. Typical hypocrisy.

Quote:

But hey, who really cares, right? You obviously don't. Other Christians I debate with, there are limits, I guess you could say. Even Vizio and I, who rarely ever agree, understand that there's a line. Not you, though ... and you also fail to acknowledge the freedom and rights of others which makes you the enemy of everything I believe in. Then you wonder why I'm harsh with you. Expecting respect while giving none back is foolish and narcissistic. You'll get none from me.
Likewise, I have zero respect for you. Your posts are pure venom fuel GARBAGE.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:41 PM

1,248 posts, read 824,063 times
Quote:
Shirina is probably twice younger than you are, but at least twice as smart.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:52 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
So you're not above throwing out personal insults. Thankfully I strive not to sink down to that level.

So you just threw out a blatant personal insult, admitted to it, and now saying I am just imagining the insults? Jeepers, at least be consistent. I can post example after example where I calmly enter into a discussion and it immediately degrades into personal attacks against me.

Sad that you have such a false and jaded view of my version of Christianity. My version of Christianity believes in treating people with kindness, having a desire to love and help people. But I guess that is SO IMMORAL, right?

I made a simple comment. You are the one who went off on a huge rant even saying you wish you could inflict an act of violence through your computer monitor. But hey you're the morally superior calm person here, right?

You can call me whatever you want. That's your freedom, although this board used to have a rule against rude inflammatory comments. If it makes you feel good to run me down, have at it. But it comes at a price. And that price is your integrity. To label someone without even knowing 99% of that person's daily life experience is extreme intellectual dishonesty and flat out arrogance.

You are no different than the people heard who claim I am a closet gay. You don't know me, my history or life experiences or my social life to make such an assessment. Yet it's just another personal attack in the same thread where you claim I don't get personally attacked. Typical hypocrisy.

Jeff: what do you expect from her posts as she is an atheist and you have already claimed that atheists cannot be nice, have no value for life, are mean, especially to Christians and down right nasty people, and it is not just some but every atheist you have ever met on line or in person is a mean nasty person. That has been mentioned by you in several posts. You are quick to state that we should not judge what kind of person you are because we only know a tiny fragment of you from your on line postings and so do not know 99% of you. However you are willing to judge everyone else including what we must think if we are not believers in your god and how we think of our fellow humans and know more about us then we do ourselves. You also lump us all the same regardless of how different we each are or what our life journeys have been,

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain why we do not have the ability to judge what kind of character you are based on what you post but you have that ability to judge us, not only on what we post but also on what others have posted and on how you believe that you know how each of us thinks about so many personal issues? I do no understand the logic behind your claims.

And before you jump into claiming that atheists hate all Christians remember that I have posted two posts listing Christians I admire and many others have done the same. There are many Christians on these forums that I admire and perhaps you do not admire them because their views on Christianity differ from yours. Speaking for myself I feel that I have as much right to draw a conclusion about you as you do about me.

I did say that I would try to not be nasty to you but would still comment on your posts so please do not fall back into the old line of calling me a liar because I changed my mind.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Jeff: what do you expect from her posts as she is an atheist and you have already claimed that atheists cannot be nice, have no value for life, are mean, especially to Christians and down right nasty people, and it is not just some but every atheist you have ever met on line or in person is a mean nasty person. That has been mentioned by you in several posts. You are quick to state that we should not judge what kind of person you are because we only know a tiny fragment of you from your on line postings and so do not know 99% of you. However you are willing to judge everyone else including what we must think if we are not believers in your god and how we think of our fellow humans and know more about us then we do ourselves. You also lump us all the same regardless of how different we each are or what our life journeys have been,

I do not call people out by name and run them down. I speak in generalities. And generally speaking, yeah I have yet to meet a nice friendly atheist. I am judging no one on a personal individual level. If my beliefs offend you, that's YOUR problem, not mine. With that said ,I have been quite kind and complementary with you personally and yet you insist on pushing my buttons here. That's not going to change my mind about atheists. Quite the contrary.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
Shirina is probably twice younger than you are, but at least twice as smart.
Using creative adjectives to flavor up your insults and make your rhetoric more biting is not really a barometer of intelligence. That's all she does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality