Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 03:32 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,012,828 times

Advertisements

Like a spouse will pass on with in a short time of their mate passing could be an identity problem , as people can call on sickness when people pass on or become ill , as they call on to the evil spirit of this world which is the menace , See calling on the spirit of the world is by complaining or grief , or other people questioning the health of the spouse can identify the person with the evil spirits of the world who can cause health problems ....... Last year my brother-in-law passed and this brought on a challenge to my health which a disorder which through Jesus Spirit removed this evil spirit daily for six months before this evil spirit does not bother to bring on this disorder today .....Glory to God .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 05:49 AM

19,990 posts, read 13,466,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
By simply reading the posts here (city-data), one can safely deduce that some atheist do have belief statements. What do you think they are being militant about? Passing gas?
We have a belief position, which is that we see no valid reason to afford belief to any deities.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This is an amazing thing....with all the media coverage now in 2016...we
can witness the connection between 2 souls and how they travel together...
linked by love.

Nothing spiritual about it?
Everything is spiritual.
You can decide in advance that everything is spiritual and cast about for examples of how you are right; this is how religious faith works. That is one way to approach reality. The other is to use the most economical explanation and avoid multiplying entities and forces to explain something that is far simpler than you're making it.

What the media reported on, is that an elderly mother died a day after her daughter died. Which should surprise no one and should not require one to assert causes from an invisible realm.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Except....you are the one who said that and brought it into the thread. Not others.....you.

And aren't you doing the same thing yourself, hijacking someone else's sad story to validate your anti-spiritual assumptions and assertions?
I am the one who made the observation and I expressed it as a personal opinion.

By your logic here, no one should ever discuss the matter or have an opinion about what is (un)seemly in this situation. If you can't help but lather your assumptions onto the private lives of this family, that is not my problem, it is yours. I am NOT assuming those things. I am not even assuming there's no hidden spiritual influence here, though I think it exceedingly unlikely. I am just saying an elderly mother died a day after her daughter, of a stroke, which she had a history of, in the midst of one of the most stressful experiences a mother can have, and that it requires very little explanation beyond that. Who is assuming more here? Certainly not me.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
... calling on the spirit of the world is by complaining or grief ...
Interesting that you find "complaining" and "grief" to be interchangeable terms and that both conjure an evil spirit. I guess it is more important to be dishonest about your feelings and cover them up. After all we are supposed to be joyous and happy no matter what is happening to us, eh?

Old 12-30-2016, 06:17 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,009,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
In his defense, as an atheist, I wouldn't say mordant has a belief statement, he is just being factual. While most of us understand that the term "dying of a broken heart" is not meant to be taken literally, he was pointing out that it is actually stress that does the killing.

But give him a break. He was once a fundamentalist, and he's still got that everything-is-literal thing stuck inside him
He's also professed to being a nihilist (that loves to share).

Old 12-30-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
He's also professed to being a nihilist (that loves to share).
Indeed? Have I? Do tell.

For the record, I find nihilism to be widely misunderstood and misused as a bogeyman, and have defended it on those grounds, but do not subscribe to it personally or label myself as a nihilist. I would describe myself as more realist, empiricist, rationalist, materialist (as opposed to materialistic) and of course atheist.

I do not describe myself as anti-theist either, as I do not define myself by what I am opposed to. I think theism is on balance a harm, but a sadly necessary one at this point in human history. I speak out against its logical fallacies but do not seek to actively destroy it. It is more a thought-structure that each individual has to dismantle for themselves. The only ethical antidote to religion is for it to fall into disuse because of indifference -- which, I believe it will, in due course. Long after I am gone and forgotten.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This is an amazing thing....with all the media coverage now in 2016...we
can witness the connection between 2 souls and how they travel together...
linked by love.

Nothing spiritual about it?
Everything is spiritual.

I agree. They had a loving, spiritual connection in life. I believe those connections continue after death. One soul seeks to follow the other so great is the love between the two.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:44 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,009,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

I agree. They had a loving, spiritual connection in life. I believe those connections continue after death. One soul seeks to follow the other so great is the love between the two.
Yes, like Ronny and Nancy Reagan.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Yes, like Ronny and Nancy Reagan.

Not so much, after all, Nancy didn't die within days of Ronny, did she?

Guess that means their love wasn't strong enough, spiritual enough......or......it means Nancy's health wasn't so fragile that she couldn't survive the stress of his death.

My money's on the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality