Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 06:36 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,767,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
So you had to add something I didn't write to my post I see. Really must bother that spirit in you what I wrote, huh? Isn't that against the rules? Peace

Your "quote"...problem is, I didn't write the last line.

"Originally Posted by Rbbi1
Rather than waste my time on any more "Nuh uh" posts, just reread this again and try to glean from it this time. Peace
(A wall of text that has already been shown to be fraudulent)"
You are missing that whole point of what Paul was doing and what he said he was doing.

You quote the Jewish view of Torah, and you are right, but that wasn't Paul's view. it was imposed by God on the Jews because of sinfulness. They would not follow God through the 'Law" written on their hearts", so he has to give them a list of rules.

This explains everything Paul says and what the gospels and Acts says. Luke in Acts has Peter at the council of Jerusalem stand up and talk of the burden of the law that the ...hang on... (bloody book...bad as a government office... can never find the passage you want.. Acts 15.10.) they nor their forefathers were able to bear.

The Jews should all have leaped up and swore that it wasn't a burden but a privilege and a delight. Peter could never have said such a thing, nor could he have got away with it. It is written by a Greek Christian who does no understand the law, inventing a story based on Paul's view that the law was burden imposed on the Jews for their hardness of heart, from which Faith in Jesus had released him, and he (Paul) was no no longer under the Law.

It's all there, he who eyes to read, read.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:56 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,053,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You are missing that whole point of what Paul was doing and what he said he was doing.

You quote the Jewish view of Torah, and you are right, but that wasn't Paul's view. it was imposed by God on the Jews because of sinfulness. They would not follow God through the 'Law" written on their hearts", so he has to give them a list of rules.

This explains everything Paul says and what the gospels and Acts says. Luke in Acts has Peter at the council of Jerusalem stand up and talk of the burden of the law that the ...hang on... (bloody book...bad as a government office... can never find the passage you want.. Acts 15.10.) they nor their forefathers were able to bear.

The Jews should all have leaped up and swore that it wasn't a burden but a privilege and a delight. Peter could never have said such a thing, nor could he have got away with it. It is written by a Greek Christian who does no understand the law, inventing a story based on Paul's view that the law was burden imposed on the Jews for their hardness of heart, from which Faith in Jesus had released him, and he (Paul) was no no longer under the Law.

It's all there, he who eyes to read, read.

I don't know what exactly your point is, from this, to be honest. Simplify for me. Your stance is....Paul = against law completely or Paul = faking law to please Pharisees, or some other premise. What?

BTW government office comment cracked me up....love your sense of humor. Peace

Old 07-31-2017, 08:59 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
What? 613 mitzvot is no burden! Much less studying all the interpretations of what they meant. Ask any Rabbi how easy it is to do.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What? 613 mitzvot is no burden! Much less studying all the interpretations of what they meant. Ask any Rabbi how easy it is to do.

Lazy, are we? Peace

Old 07-31-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Lazy, are we? Peace
Just sensible. One "Commandment" is a lot to deal with, believe it or not. I know you don't realize that 613 mitzvot is the easy way out. Actually thinking is WORK.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Just sensible. One "Commandment" is a lot to deal with, believe it or not. I know you don't realize that 613 mitzvot is the easy way out. Actually thinking is WORK.

Receiving from the mind of Christ is NOT. Peace

Old 07-31-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Ah! So which of us is the lazy one?

Old 07-31-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Ah! So which of us is the lazy one?

You still have to do the "ground work" of getting the Word in you, before He will quicken it (revelation), ie. that which was hidden (as if out of sight, the grave). To him that overcometh (the flesh through the Word and the Spirit) to him I will give to eat of the HIDDEN manna. Peace

Old 08-01-2017, 03:16 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I took the time to read your wall of text, Rbbi. It answers a lot of questions and confirms my beliefs about your mindset. It would be pointless to engage in trying to refute your interpretations since I do NOT have the same context and mindset. I realize that your way of seeing and interpreting the world is strongly conditioned by your upbringing in a tradition. I avoided any such conditioning because I essentially wrote them all off as irrational and unreasonable for the first 30+ years of my life.

Those early years are the most powerful and formative for our view of the world. There is little if any chance of penetrating your mindset with anything that proceeds from a completely objective view of reality. When I had my epiphany after 30+ years of atheism, I was in an unfamiliar and completely alien reality. I had NO traditions or foundational belief systems to guide any explanation of what I experienced. I was a blank slate from that point of view. You operate from a completely different position that affords little chance for understanding between us. I can only hope that the love of God that drives your obedience will eventually lead to an unconditional love for everyone regardless of their obedience (or lack thereof) in your eyes.
Quote:
What does it mean to you when Jesus says the two instructions to love God and each other encompass ALL the law???
Quote:
You cannot receive from the "mind of Christ" when you do not even know what the characteristics of the "mind of Christ" ARE! Your mind is conditioned to a tradition that has nothing to do with the "mind of Christ."

Old 08-01-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I took the time to read your wall of text, Rbbi. It answers a lot of questions and confirms my beliefs about your mindset. It would be pointless to engage in trying to refute your interpretations since I do NOT have the same context and mindset. I realize that your way of seeing and interpreting the world is strongly conditioned by your upbringing in a tradition. I avoided any such conditioning because I essentially wrote them all off as irrational and unreasonable for the first 30+ years of my life.

Those early years are the most powerful and formative for our view of the world. There is little if any chance of penetrating your mindset with anything that proceeds from a completely objective view of reality. When I had my epiphany after 30+ years of atheism, I was in an unfamiliar and completely alien reality. I had NO traditions or foundational belief systems to guide any explanation of what I experienced. I was a blank slate from that point of view. You operate from a completely different position that affords little chance for understanding between us. I can only hope that the love of God that drives your obedience will eventually lead to an unconditional love for everyone regardless of their obedience (or lack thereof) in your eyes.

You have NO IDEA just how much of a blank slate I was prior to my conversion from being agnostic. Difference is I closed myself up with the book, after receiving HIS SPIRIT via BAPTISM (not just inward anointing) and believed the scripture that said He would teach us all things and bring all things to our remembrance. I also willfully accepted that I didn't KNOW ANYTHING so He could teach me EVERYTHING. It was more than a fair trade. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality