Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 12:06 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You know, I am glad Hanni gets this attitude, but it doesn't come from the book, which has everything he says AS WELL as some elements that are viciously barbaric.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:23 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
If the Law were simple you would have a good question, but it is not and you simply CHOOSE to ignore or excuse the barbaric parts while claiming that the whole thing is direct from a God of love.

No one with a lick of sense and a basis in reality is going to claim that about what is written in that book.

I find it hilarious that you would speak of God that way and speak of his son a different way.

I have plenty good questions, but me having questions never made a difference to you Nate, I can question you on the words of Jesus and you never answer, I can question you about acts 21 and you act as if it had not been written. I could show Stephen being killed because liars were paid to tell the same old lie that the disciples of Jesus were teaching against the laws of Moses and so deserved the death of false prophets, but LIARS were paid for telling A LIE against Stephen just as Acts 21 shows you LIARS who are trying to get Paul killed saying that he also was teaching against the laws of Moses as if Jews were not supposed to circumcise their children, and I can EVEN SHOW PAUL TAKING A DISCIPLE TO HAVE HIM CIRCUMCISED UNDER THE PRIESTS OF JUDAISM, AND WHAT DO I HEAR BACK?

CRICKETS.

Why do you think you can bring the God of the bible down but teach about his son whom you contradict?

If you have brought down the father, you have no doubt brought down the son, I mean, ABOVE ALL NATE, be logical, have some reason Nate.

You bring down the Lord of Hosts, and you take away every scripture about a Messiah because you proved the father unrighteous.

You should choose a side.

I mean you have chosen in that you have rejected everything that is called of God or that is worshipped, but this separation you think you can have between the father and the son is frankly ridiculous.

You call the father unrighteous for his law when the son says that whoever keeps the laws and teaches others to keep the laws will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and so which is it Nate?

You aren't making any sense either way, if you teach against the father, you should be teaching against the son also.

It's just so strange, AT LEAST, have some logic and reason because honestly Nate, what you are claiming doesn't make any sense.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:35 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Here ya go Nate, here is Jesus claiming to be the wicked, unrighteous blood thirsty, EVIL God of Israel called,'' THE FATHER.''

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
…8Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” 9Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me, carrying out His work.…

Nate, I say that there is one God, and this is the God of Israel who gave his law to Moses, and that Jesus came walking in what you would call,'' An unrighteous law.''

If Jesus came keeping the law and this made him righteous, But YOU SAY the law is unrighteous, then no man can fulfill the law for resurrection because the law is unrighteous.

I happen to know who I think God is, and this is the father of Jesus, the father of all, and he is the author of the bible.

Seeing that you think my God is a barbarian, EXACTLY what God do you follow?

What is his name Nate, and maybe I will study your religion. Where do I find his laws and his religion, and DONT SAY JESUS, you have already proved that Jesus could not even be the Messiah, much less God. But we don't have to wonder because Jesus taught us about the father.

What is the name of your God Nate?

Old 10-18-2017, 04:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Hanni, how many times do you need to hear from me that Torah is NOT God and telling it like it is where Torah is concerned is NOT dissing God, but the seriously harmful perception that Torah with its attendant barbarities is a perfect representation of God.

I am not speaking ill of God and praising Jesus, I am telling you that much of the perception ABOUT God before Jesus was WRONG, and Jesus set it straight.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Seeing that you think my God is a barbarian, EXACTLY what God do you follow?
What is his name Nate, and maybe I will study your religion. Where do I find his laws and his religion, and DONT SAY JESUS, you have already proved that Jesus could not even be the Messiah, much less God. But we don't have to wonder because Jesus taught us about the father.
What is the name of your God Nate?
I do not speak for nate, but our God is Abba and Jesus described His true nature in detail and demonstrated it with His very life and death. God definitely is NOT the wrathful, vengeful, blood sacrifice demanding, baby head bashing ordering and pregnant women-gutting commanding, one described in the OT.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Hanni, how many times do you need to hear from me that Torah is NOT God and telling it like it is where Torah is concerned is NOT dissing God, but the seriously harmful perception that Torah with its attendant barbarities is a perfect representation of God.
I am not speaking ill of God and praising Jesus, I am telling you that much of the perception ABOUT God before Jesus was WRONG, and Jesus set it straight.
Amen!

Old 10-19-2017, 04:21 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
maybe he said it better, I don't about "straight".

Old 10-20-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
If the Law were simple you would have a good question, but it is not and you simply CHOOSE to ignore or excuse the barbaric parts while claiming that the whole thing is direct from a God of love.
No one with a lick of sense and a basis in reality is going to claim that about what is written in that book.
Amen,

Old 10-20-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
So a question occurred to me: Is there any organized Christian denomination that actually does this? Simply focuses on the words of Jesus and literally scraps the rest of the Bible? If not, what would a denomination of that sort look like?
I was told that the Jefferson Bible does that, but I have not verified it.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:28 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I find it hilarious that you would speak of God that way and speak of his son a different way.

I have plenty good questions, but me having questions never made a difference to you Nate, I can question you on the words of Jesus and you never answer, I can question you about acts 21 and you act as if it had not been written. I could show Stephen being killed because liars were paid to tell the same old lie that the disciples of Jesus were teaching against the laws of Moses and so deserved the death of false prophets, but LIARS were paid for telling A LIE against Stephen just as Acts 21 shows you LIARS who are trying to get Paul killed saying that he also was teaching against the laws of Moses as if Jews were not supposed to circumcise their children, and I can EVEN SHOW PAUL TAKING A DISCIPLE TO HAVE HIM CIRCUMCISED UNDER THE PRIESTS OF JUDAISM, AND WHAT DO I HEAR BACK?

CRICKETS.

Why do you think you can bring the God of the bible down but teach about his son whom you contradict?

If you have brought down the father, you have no doubt brought down the son, I mean, ABOVE ALL NATE, be logical, have some reason Nate.

You bring down the Lord of Hosts, and you take away every scripture about a Messiah because you proved the father unrighteous.

You should choose a side.

I mean you have chosen in that you have rejected everything that is called of God or that is worshipped, but this separation you think you can have between the father and the son is frankly ridiculous.

You call the father unrighteous for his law when the son says that whoever keeps the laws and teaches others to keep the laws will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and so which is it Nate?

You aren't making any sense either way, if you teach against the father, you should be teaching against the son also.

It's just so strange, AT LEAST, have some logic and reason because honestly Nate, what you are claiming doesn't make any sense.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality