Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2018, 02:35 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
For what it's worth, my post regarding the issue is based on what some may say is evidence for intelligent design...'the web' that binds atoms and creates our reality.
Well this presents a precarious situation since we can't discuss intelligent design in the Science Forum...why? ID not based on science.

However I would love to hear how your claim is evidence of ID?

Old 10-13-2018, 02:49 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Well this presents a precarious situation since we can't discuss intelligent design in the Science Forum...why? ID not based on science.
However I would love to hear how your claim is evidence of ID?
You can look into Max Planck's work as well several others on the matter.

“Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual” (1) – Richard Conn Henry, Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Johns Hopkins University (quote taken from “the mental universe)
https://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/09/27/this-is-the-world-of-quantum-physics-nothing-is-solid-and-everything-is-energy/

Old 10-13-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
You can look into Max Planck's work as well several others on the matter.

“Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual” (1) – Richard Conn Henry, Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Johns Hopkins University (quote taken from “the mental universe)
[b]https://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/09/27/this-is-the-world-of-quantum-physics-nothing-is-solid-and-everything-is-energy/
I see no relation to what Sir James Jeans stated above and this being evidence of ID.

I can't find any credible sources that shows that R.C Henry actually stated what you quoted.

Actually all I could find was an essay that he wrote but he did not make that statement in it.

I found your quote above on this hokey site: Cosmic Scientist

Quote:
R.C. Henry, Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Johns Hopkins University said that:

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.” (“The Mental Universe” ; Nature 436:29,2005)
The site quote mined the essay and tried to make it look as if Professor Henry stated it...when in fact he did not. That quote also has words added to it that neither Sir James nor Professor Henry stated. Always check quotes for their original source.

However when I pulled up that essay and read it for myself...I find no such wording stated by Professor Henry. In fact it was Sir James Jeans who stated some of the quote back in 1925.

This part of your quote "Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual” is not found anywhere in that paper...nor did Professor Henry ever make such a statement.

Here's the essay: The mental Universe

We've come a long way in what we understand since 1925.

Always check your sources before posting quotes.

Last edited by Matadora; 10-13-2018 at 03:24 PM..

Old 10-13-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I see no relation to what Sir James Jeans stated above and this being evidence of ID.

I can't find any credible sources that shows that R.C Henry actually stated what you quoted.

Actually all I could find was an essay that he wrote but he did not make that statement in it.

I found your quote above on this hokey site: Cosmic Scientist

The site quote mined the essay and tried to make it look as if Professor Henry stated it...when in fact he did not.

However when I pulled up that essay and read it for myself...I find no such wording stated by Professor Henry. In fact it was Sir Jame Jeans who stated it in 1925. That is what's in the essay written by Dr. Henry.

Here's the essay: The mental Universe

We've come a long way in what we understand since 1925.

Always check your sources before posting quotes.
Thanks for putting this issue to rest.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks for putting this issue to rest.
What issue did I put to rest? I was only pointing out that Professor Henry nor Sir James Jeans made this statement. “Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion.”

Old 10-13-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
What issue did I put to rest? I was only pointing out that Professor Henry nor Sir James Jeans made this statement. “Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion.”
the issue regarding intelligent design and atoms, bonds, etc...there's no further discussion needed.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
the issue regarding intelligent design and atoms, bonds, etc...there's no further discussion needed.
Well I could have told you that.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Well I could have told you that.
You really should rubber stamp it on every thread related to religion and spirituality.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
You really should rubber stamp it on every thread related to religion and philosophy.
ID is not a religion or a philosophy...ID is a pseudoscientific argument for the existence of god.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
ID is not a religion or a philosophy...ID is a pseudoscientific argument for the existence of god.
Whatever it is, some people may want to discuss it. You've made your point...it's all silly nonsense to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality