Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 10:47 AM

1,058 posts, read 676,636 times

Advertisements

The Holy Spirit is the God part of me. It's the supernatural part of me that knows. It's the knower. It's like when you just know something because you know with your knower. It's the CIA of your soul, like when you walk into a room a know something isn't right, or when it screams at you to leave an unsafe place because something is off. It's that feeling you get when it recognizes itself in another and you know their intentions are good. Try the spirit by the spirit. Deep calls unto the deep...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 10:52 AM

1,058 posts, read 676,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
In early Christianity, the Holy Spirit was a She.
According to the Bible, God is male and female.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:10 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
A lot of great replies here. HG is friend, counselor, teacher, dispenser and user of gifts, sanctifier searching out the hidden things of the heart, healer, revealer of secrets, holy fire on the altar of my heart, the blood that covers and speaks from the heavens not from the earth, giver of dreams and visions, His right hand of power manifested in the earth, the seal of His covenant and the seal of Jacob's well within us. A better question might be what ISN'T the HG to us, as He's whatever we need Him to be. Peace

Old 07-02-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
According to the Bible, God is male and female.

Very true. His helpmeet is mother wisdom, who is hidden from scornful men. Peace

Old 07-02-2017, 04:12 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I just heard this sentence...Peter, who walked with Jesus for 3 years changed completely
in one day when the Holy Spirit showed up.
Any personal stories?
Not ideas, not concepts, not quotes, nor speculations, not guessing...any personal stories you
have encountering the Holy Spirit?
(I have too many to tell...and I already have told many here. This isn't about my stories.)
I had an experience about 30 years ago when I received the most powerful wave after wave after wave of God's Divine Love in my soul delivered by the Holy Spirit. I wondered if it was like the Pentecostal showers. It was an all night Divine Lovefest! I got zero sleep, but I had to get up and go to work anyway.

When I arrived at work, something miraculous happened. I loved everybody! Even those who I wasn't particular fond of the day before! It was an eye-opening experience and I had so much energy all day long to do my job. I thought to myself, this is what "bliss" feels like. This was Heaven on earth for one day. May you all be blessed with this same thing.

My last huge Divine Lovefest delivered to me by the Holy Spirit happened in December 2008. This time it lasted for a month. It didn't matter where I was... at home, on the bus, at work, shopping... my soul was "on fire" (not literally) with God's amazing Divine Love. My soul was being fed the ultimate soul food and I lost ten pounds. Now that was a really, really cool thing!

These are just two examples of how the Holy Spirit has worked with me. When my soul is open, ready and waiting for Divine Love... here comes the spiritual FedEx (Holy Spirit) to deliver it! Yay!

Old 07-02-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I had an experience about 30 years ago when I received the most powerful wave after wave after wave of God's Divine Love in my soul delivered by the Holy Spirit. I wondered if it was like the Pentecostal showers. It was an all night Divine Lovefest! I got zero sleep, but I had to get up and go to work anyway.

When I arrived at work, something miraculous happened. I loved everybody! Even those who I wasn't particular fond of the day before! It was an eye-opening experience and I had so much energy all day long to do my job. I thought to myself, this is what "bliss" feels like. This was Heaven on earth for one day. May you all be blessed with this same thing.

My last huge Divine Lovefest delivered to me by the Holy Spirit happened in December 2008. This time it lasted for a month. It didn't matter where I was... at home, on the bus, at work, shopping... my soul was "on fire" (not literally) with God's amazing Divine Love. My soul was being fed the ultimate soul food and I lost ten pounds. Now that was a really, really cool thing!

These are just two examples of how the Holy Spirit has worked with me. When my soul is open, ready and waiting for Divine Love... here comes the spiritual FedEx (Holy Spirit) to deliver it! Yay!

That's beautiful. I've experienced similar things, with the unexpected result included of people in my presence being aware and reacting to what was going on with me. When His Spirit manifests that way, it's tangible, isn't it? We serve an awesome G-d. Peace

Old 07-02-2017, 05:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post

I enjoyed reading that very much...like a meal for my soul!

And jilly...'It's the knower.'

Old 07-02-2017, 06:04 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I just heard this sentence...Peter, who walked with Jesus for 3 years changed completely
in one day when the Holy Spirit showed up.
Any personal stories?
Not ideas, not concepts, not quotes, nor speculations, not guessing...any personal stories you
have encountering the Holy Spirit?
(I have too many to tell...and I already have told many here. This isn't about my stories.)
"Who is the Holy Spirit to you"?

He is God's Spirit inside Him. His Son sends the "Holy Spirit" to each person who has REPENTED of they're sins. That is what Jesus meant when He said "you must be "born again"". When a truly "Repented" Person receives the "Holy Spirit", they're Spirit Changes and is Made a NEW Creature in Jesus.

There are "few" of us and "many" who do not have the "Holy Spirit".

Old 07-03-2017, 12:48 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
There are "few" of us and "many" who do not have the "Holy Spirit".
This is not true. We all have the Holy Spirit (Comforter) available in our consciousness, it is just that far too many of us ignore Him.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:59 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is not true. We all have the Holy Spirit (Comforter) available in our consciousness, it is just that far too many of us ignore Him.
Prove that by SCRIPTURE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality