Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 07:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times

Advertisements

There is an awful lot of off -topic tripe posted on this page, and I don't mind naming names. Truth teller with his "Quran says" stuff and quotes from Rabbis who never met Jesus and just speculated about his appearance,

Omega with his futile efforts to prove God by debunking Evilushin and Orion with a wad of faith based opinions.

I have to choose my battles and I will respond to a post with some point, but I don't have time to waste on rubbish like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 02:19 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,352,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You've got part of the Theory of Relativity designated incorrectly.

Energy (E) is equal to (=) Mass (M) times the speed of light squared (C²)

Mass, not Matter.

Energy can take the form of matter (basically stored chemical energy), light, heat, electricity, etc., but it is neither created or destroyed.
Mass can be measured by weighing or by a computation of the force divided by acceleration. Summary:
1.As we all know, “matter” is defined as “anything that occupies space and has mass,” and “mass” is defined as “something that represents the amount of matter in a particular space, particle, or object.”
https://www.google.com/search?q=what...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Since light is massless, the amount of energy that would be required to accelerate an object to the speed of light is equivalent to the object's original mass/energy.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:40 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,675,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
There is an awful lot of off -topic tripe posted on this page, and I don't mind naming names. Truth teller with his "Quran says" stuff and quotes from Rabbis who never met Jesus and just speculated about his appearance,.
The title of the thread is A Challenge for Christians: Show Us Your Very Best Proof For Jesus
and I am supporting the Christians by bringing proofs from Islamic religion and Islamic history and culture.
and for that Rabbis who embraced Islam he was talking based on knowledge
and here is another one

In a tradition (it is said) that Jesus (pbuh), son of Mary, met a man and said to him,
"What are you doing?"
He replied,
"I am devoting myself to God."
He said,
"Who is giving you what you need?"
He said,
"My brother."
(Jesus) said,
"He is more devoted to Allah than you."

Old 08-15-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Even if that is strue, which it is not, it does not explain the origin of matter, energy and life.

No formula explains he origin of matter. That formula explains what we know now. Matter did not destroy those cities, energy destroyed the matter in them.

If you cant explain the origin of matter and energy, you are just blowing smoke and there is no evidence for a BB.

But in fact we observe NO discrete beginnings. Everything occurs as a result of something which preceded it. Our current interpolation leads us back to the big bang. But there is no reason to suppose that the big bang represents discrete beginning, any more that your birth represents a discrete beginning. Prior to your conception there was no you, this is true. But every particle of you at the moment of your conception already existed. You are derived from material taken from your parents, just as they are derived from material taken from their parents. According to all observation, this material seems to have existed in various other forms indefinitely. And it will continue to exist in various other forms indefinitely after the discrete being that is you ceases to exist in its current form.

The smoke is getting thicker,

Energy can't be the source of itself. That's a no-brainer.

Unless matter is eternal, it had to be created at some point in time. That points to a Creator.

Since I rejected evolution before I became a Christian it is not an emotional issue for me like it is for you. My rejection is based on real science.

Wonderful. That should make it easy for you to produce the evidence for 1 thing the TOE preaches.

Your indoctrination in the pubic school systems has been successful. The modern superstitutions of evolution have been proved false by the science of genetics and DNA.

You continue to think in terms of beginnings. But in truth we have NO experience with discrete beginnings. Everything that can be observed is a continuation of something which caused it. For every effect there is an earlier cause. Without fail. According to all observation. We arrive back at the big bang, but there is no reason to suppose the big bang is without earlier cause. We simply, as yet, do not know what it was with certainty. Although we certainly can form conjecture.

The matter in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was converted to heat, as a result of being exposed to a tremendous amount of heat, light and radiation that was the nuclear fireball. Matter and energy are the same thing. Matter is a concentrated form of energy. Your understanding of nuclear physics is about 100 years out of date, I am afraid. As is your general knowledge of science. There are two distinct problems with religion. The first is that it promotes conflict. A grave danger in a nuclear world. And the second is that it fosters ignorance and impedes the search for truth.

But you see, the truth is whatever it is. The truth is not subject to declaration by popular decree. It is our perception of reality that is subject to misunderstanding and therefore error. So the question becomes, "By what method should we attempt to consider and comprehend reality?"

Did anyone simply presuppose that computer they are are sitting at and cause it to not only exist, but to actually work, based on imagination? The computer does not operate by magic you see. It represents the culmination of centuries of scientific advancement at work. The laws of physics represent the highest state of confidence that we have attained in our attempt to understand the universe we live in. The laws of physics are derived from much observation and experimentation resulting in achieving exactly the same result repeatedly and without fail. The application of these laws have led to working computers, smart phones and all of the other technological marvels of our rapidly changing technological world. If the laws of physics are NOT inviolate as we now believe them to be, we are in the embarrassing position of having no idea why our technology works at all! And if the laws of physics ARE inviolate, then the universe works according to natural principles which can be understood and utilized to our advantage.

Ancient people worked on a different theory of how the universe works. Since they did not yet possess enough technology to acquire the information needed to explain the natural phenomenon going on around them, lightning, thunder, earthquakes and the like, they made up answers. They presupposed solutions for which they otherwise had no means to answer. I often refer to this technique as "make it up and declare it to be true." Do you not notice the difference between careful observation and experimentation which leads directly to working technology, and presupposing solutions based entirely on assumptions and declarations AT ALL?

Because presupposition is simply another word for make believe. Believers presuppose that humans, and the universe we exist in, MUST have been created by an infinitely powerful Being whom they not only presuppose must exist, but whom they presuppose exists without the need for such a creation Himself. And they made it all up. which is, as I have just pointed out, is what presupposition (make believe) is all about. There is another way of looking at the universe however. It's called the empirical method, and it involves investigating and accepting the physical evidence for what the physical evidence has to tell us at face value, WITHOUT presupposition. The empirical method entails close observation, much experimentation and direct experience, resulting in detailed conclusions that allow for the same results to be reached repeatedly. It requires that the results, when discovered, be accepted at face value even to the extent of completely abandoning centuries of make believe. This sort of research has also led us rather inextricably to the conclusion that EVERYTHING THAT OCCURS DOES SO FOR NATURAL REASONS which can be understood and even utilized for our advantage. The general term for this deeper understanding of the basis for how the physical universe operates is called quantum mechanics. Does the empirical method have credibility? Well, does that computer you are sitting at actually work? Do we have operating smart phones and all of the other modern technological marvels of this modern technological age? They are all based on a working understanding of quantum mechanics. They were NOT rendered extant by make believe (make it up and declare it to be true).

So, where were all of these modern marvels in Jesus' time? The laws of quantum physics are exactly the same today as they were 2,000 years ago... or a billion years ago for that matter. However, by in large the ancients used a different method for reaching conclusions then the empirical method. They made up answers and declared them to be true! What ancient peoples did not understand they simply made up answers too. Gods and goddesses, elves, fairies, devils and demons, and the like. Whatever served to answer questions for which no obvious answer was readily at hand. This was the old "make it up and declare it to be true" method of reaching a conclusion. It really had no practical value, other than to create the illusion of providing an answer, even though that answer had no connection to anything valid and true. Answers which had absolutely nothing to do with what was actually going on. Sadly, many people today still operate this way, applying made up solutions to questions they don't otherwise understand. Which is a shame, because the actual answers are most often readily available now, so make believe is no longer necessary. We have learned, through much trial and error, that the empirical method for accumulating genuine knowledge far surpasses the old "make it up and declare it to be true" presupposition method. In Jesus' day people believed that the earth was the center of the universe, and that all of creation revolves around us. Which makes us very special. Because without the proper tools to see what is actually occurring, that is what seemed apparent. And it gave people succor in their difficult lives to believe that there is a God who made everything and considers us His most special creation. They simply made that notion up and declared it to be true because it made them feel better about their hard lives.

That was the perspective of reality that once existed. And it had nothing at all to do with what is really occurring. Because reality is whatever it is, and it is up to us to determine the means for understanding it. As it turns out, make it up and declare it to be true is useless. Make it up and declare it to be true produces empty claims and invalid assumptions. The empirical method on the other hand, produces working technology. As a system of perceiving reality, make it up and declare it to be true is dead. It's only as a system of supporting emotional needs that make it up and declare it to be true continues to be preferred. Because many people consider the reality that empirical observation has established to be cold and compassionless. They want a make believe reality that supports their emotional needs and illusions.

But you see, some people, like myself, are not interested in warm fuzzy illusions. We are only interested in what can physically be shown to be true. So, I don't "presuppose" the existence of things. I simply rate the various possibilities in order of how well they correspond to that which can be observed to be true. I see no point in arbitrarily making up the existence of an invisible Being with infinite powers where no such Being is obvious and then declaring the question to be dogmatically finished. Religion is by its very nature dogmatic. Religion declares answers to be true, and that is an end to it. Science continues to ask questions and to learn. Make believe has become an inevitable casualty of knowledge.

The existence of an infinitely powerful invisible Being that possesses the power to manipulate the laws of physics at will seems to contradict everything we believe that we have learned about how the universe works. This is the inevitable face off between make believe and knowledge you see. Which do you suppose will win out over time, ancient ignorance, or knowledge based on modern technology and science? This depends on how willing people are to take a stand for knowledge over ancient ignorance. Or, more accurately, what people prefer to believe emotionally as opposed to what the mounting evidence seems to overwhelmingly show.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:09 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The title of the thread is A Challenge for Christians: Show Us Your Very Best Proof For Jesus
and I am supporting the Christians by bringing proofs from Islamic religion and Islamic history and culture.
and for that Rabbis who embraced Islam he was talking based on knowledge
and here is another one

In a tradition (it is said) that Jesus (pbuh), son of Mary, met a man and said to him,
"What are you doing?"
He replied,
"I am devoting myself to God."
He said,
"Who is giving you what you need?"
He said,
"My brother."
(Jesus) said,
"He is more devoted to Allah than you."
English may not be your first language so let me clarify that the idea is for Christians to produce their best evidence fior the Gospel Jesus being something like a true account.

Quite apart from your initial declared intent to make a case for YOUR religion, it does the Gospels no good at all to quote from a really untrustworthy book than denies what the Christians believe about Jesus on no better basis than that the book says so.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:09 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,675,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
English may not be your first language so let me clarify that the idea is for Christians to produce their best evidence fior the Gospel Jesus being something like a true account.

Quite apart from your initial declared intent to make a case for YOUR religion, it does the Gospels no good at all to quote from a really untrustworthy book than denies what the Christians believe about Jesus on no better basis than that the book says so.
yes you are correct English is not my first language and regarding the Gospel it is the English name for the
book that Allah gave it to Jesus and the real name is Ingeel and it is only one book not four
and of occurs it has only one number total chapters and not more by seven or less by seven

and regarding Jesus his real name is Eisa or Isa , his name does not have J at beginning and does not have S at the end at all , same as Moses
his real name is Musa with no S at the end but they are real messengers and prophets and Musa parted the sea
and Eisa was not crucified and not the god and not the son of the god and the evidences I have is the Quran
and the Quran is the only book in all the universe that is correct simply because it is from Allah the only god
(Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Îsa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Îsa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah."
"He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."
She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" - and it is.
And He (Allah) will teach him [('Îsa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom), (and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).
And will make him [('Îsa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.
And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me.
Truly! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.
Then when 'Îsa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allah's Cause?" Al-Hawariyyun (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allah)." The Holy Quran.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:40 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
You continue to think in terms of beginnings.
It is an important subject and should not b e ignored.

Quote:
But in truth we have NO experience with discrete beginnings. Everything that can be observed is a continuation of something which caused it. For every effect there is an earlier cause. Without fail. According to all observation. We arrive back at the big bang, but there is no reason to suppose the big bang is without earlier cause. We simply, as yet, do not know what it was with certainty. Although we certainly can form conjecture.
It is logical to accept that either God or matter had to be eternal. IMO, it is more logical to say God is eternal.

Quote:
The matter in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was converted to heat, as a result of being exposed to a tremendous amount of heat, light and radiation that was the nuclear fireball. Matter and energy are the same thing. Matter is a concentrated form of energy. Your understanding of nuclear physics is about 100 years out of date, I am afraid. As is your general knowledge of science. There are two distinct problems with religion. The first is that it promotes conflict. A grave danger in a nuclear world. And the second is that it fosters ignorance and impedes the search for truth.
This is not about nuclear physics, it is about origins. Your understanding of genetics and DNA has never been in date and that fosters ignorance and impedes the search for truth.

Quote:
But you see, the truth is whatever it is. The truth is not subject to declaration by popular decree. It is our perception of reality that is subject to misunderstanding and therefore error. So the question becomes, "By what method should we attempt to consider and comprehend reality?"
Your declaration by popular decree can't be proven as the truth anymore than min can. When something is not subject to verifiable proof, we must use logic.

Quote:
Did anyone simply presuppose that computer they are are sitting at and cause it to not only exist, but to actually work, based on imagination? The computer does not operate by magic you see. It represents the culmination of centuries of scientific advancement at work. The laws of physics represent the highest state of confidence that we have attained in our attempt to understand the universe we live in. The laws of physics are derived from much observation and experimentation resulting in achieving exactly the same result repeatedly and without fail. The application of these laws have led to working computers, smart phones and all of the other technological marvels of our rapidly changing technological world. If the laws of physics are NOT inviolate as we now believe them to be, we are in the embarrassing position of having no idea why our technology works at all! And if the laws of physics ARE inviolate, then the universe works according to natural principles which can be understood and utilized to our advantage.
You are still blowing smoke. The subject is beginnings. All laws of physics had a beginning. How did they come into existence.

Quote:
Ancient people worked on a different theory of how the universe works. Since they did not yet possess enough technology to acquire the information needed to explain the natural phenomenon going on around them, lightning, thunder, earthquakes and the like, they made up answers. They presupposed solutions for which they otherwise had no means to answer. I often refer to this technique as "make it up and declare it to be true." Do you not notice the difference between careful observation and experimentation which leads directly to working technology, and presupposing solutions based entirely on assumptions and declarations AT ALL?
More smoke.

Quote:
Because presupposition is simply another word for make believe. Believers presuppose that humans, and the universe we exist in, MUST have been created by an infinitely powerful Being whom they not only presuppose must exist, but whom they presuppose exists without the need for such a creation Himself. And they made it all up. which is, as I have just pointed out, is what presupposition (make believe) is all about. There is another way of looking at the universe however. It's called the empirical method, and it involves investigating and accepting the physical evidence for what the physical evidence has to tell us at face value, WITHOUT presupposition. The empirical method entails close observation, much experimentation and direct experience, resulting in detailed conclusions that allow for the same results to be reached repeatedly. It requires that the results, when discovered, be accepted at face value even to the extent of completely abandoning centuries of make believe. This sort of research has also led us rather inextricably to the conclusion that EVERYTHING THAT OCCURS DOES SO FOR NATURAL REASONS which can be understood and even utilized for our advantage. The general term for this deeper understanding of the basis for how the physical universe operates is called quantum mechanics. Does the empirical method have credibility? Well, does that computer you are sitting at actually work? Do we have operating smart phones and all of the other modern technological marvels of this modern technological age? They are all based on a working understanding of quantum mechanics. They were NOT rendered extant by make believe (make it up and declare it to be true).

So, where were all of these modern marvels in Jesus' time? The laws of quantum physics are exactly the same today as they were 2,000 years ago... or a billion years ago for that matter. However, by in large the ancients used a different method for reaching conclusions then the empirical method. They made up answers and declared them to be true! What ancient peoples did not understand they simply made up answers too. Gods and goddesses, elves, fairies, devils and demons, and the like. Whatever served to answer questions for which no obvious answer was readily at hand. This was the old "make it up and declare it to be true" method of reaching a conclusion. It really had no practical value, other than to create the illusion of providing an answer, even though that answer had no connection to anything valid and true. Answers which had absolutely nothing to do with what was actually going on. Sadly, many people today still operate this way, applying made up solutions to questions they don't otherwise understand. Which is a shame, because the actual answers are most often readily available now, so make believe is no longer necessary. We have learned, through much trial and error, that the empirical method for accumulating genuine knowledge far surpasses the old "make it up and declare it to be true" presupposition method. In Jesus' day people believed that the earth was the center of the universe, and that all of creation revolves around us. Which makes us very special. Because without the proper tools to see what is actually occurring, that is what seemed apparent. And it gave people succor in their difficult lives to believe that there is a God who made everything and considers us His most special creation. They simply made that notion up and declared it to be true because it made them feel better about their hard lives.

That was the perspective of reality that once existed. And it had nothing at all to do with what is really occurring. Because reality is whatever it is, and it is up to us to determine the means for understanding it. As it turns out, make it up and declare it to be true is useless. Make it up and declare it to be true produces empty claims and invalid assumptions. The empirical method on the other hand, produces working technology. As a system of perceiving reality, make it up and declare it to be true is dead. It's only as a system of supporting emotional needs that make it up and declare it to be true continues to be preferred. Because many people consider the reality that empirical observation has established to be cold and compassionless. They want a make believe reality that supports their emotional needs and illusions.

But you see, some people, like myself, are not interested in warm fuzzy illusions. We are only interested in what can physically be shown to be true. So, I don't "presuppose" the existence of things. I simply rate the various possibilities in order of how well they correspond to that which can be observed to be true. I see no point in arbitrarily making up the existence of an invisible Being with infinite powers where no such Being is obvious and then declaring the question to be dogmatically finished. Religion is by its very nature dogmatic. Religion declares answers to be true, and that is an end to it. Science continues to ask questions and to learn. Make believe has become an inevitable casualty of knowledge.

The existence of an infinitely powerful invisible Being that possesses the power to manipulate the laws of physics at will seems to contradict everything we believe that we have learned about how the universe works. This is the inevitable face off between make believe and knowledge you see. Which do you suppose will win out over time, ancient ignorance, or knowledge based on modern technology and science? This depends on how willing people are to take a stand for knowledge over ancient ignorance. Or, more accurately, what people prefer to believe emotionally as opposed to what the mounting evidence seems to overwhelmingly show.
I am not going to respond to anything other than your explanation of beginnings.
You ASSUME what you believe comes from knowledge, yet you can't prove even 1 doctrine of the TOE.

Eccl 10:2 - A wise man's heart direct him towards the right , but a foolish man's heart directs him towards the left.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:41 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,556,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
There are others here who would like to know. I share your views that he may have existed. He may even have been crucified and he may have even planned it that way. He may even have actually survived the crucifixion. But first he has to have existed.
My message focused on the 'perceived' attitude I sensed from the OP. You and others may want to discuss it and I am for it because the topic IS interesting.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:07 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,696,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post

It is logical to accept that either God or matter had to be eternal. IMO, it is more logical to say God is eternal.

This is not about nuclear physics, it is about origins. Your understanding of genetics and DNA has never been in date and that fosters ignorance and impedes the search for truth.

Your declaration by popular decree can't be proven as the truth anymore than min can. When something is not subject to verifiable proof, we must use logic.

You are still blowing smoke. The subject is beginnings. All laws of physics had a beginning. How did they come into existence.

More smoke.

I am not going to respond to anything other than your explanation of beginnings.
You ASSUME what you believe comes from knowledge, yet you can't prove even 1 doctrine of the TOE.

Eccl 10:2 - A wise man's heart direct him towards the right , but a foolish man's heart directs him towards the left.
If you are not willing to respond to anything other than an explanation of beginning, why are you bringing up evolution. Evolution has nothing to do with beginnings.

Do you believe that the universe (better describes as cosmos in my opinion) could not be eternal?

Old 08-16-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx
THINKING about something can never be wrong. But as I have been pointing out, we have no actual experience with discrete beginnings. Everything we observe is a continuation of that which preceded it. No one, not even the religious, consider the big bang to be a discrete beginning for which there was no cause. Everything leading back to the big bang is the result of natural forces at work. There is no reason to suppose that the big bang itself was anything other than the result of natural forces at work.

Quote:
Matter is what the physical universe is made of. Matter is simply one of the forms that energy takes. Matter is what WE are made of. Unless existence is an illusion, matter exists! The existence of God on the other hand has simply been imagined and declared to be true. It is hardly more logical to declare that which can only be conceived of in the imagination to be more probable than that which can be observed to be true. Energy can neither be created or destroyed, and matter is one of the forms that energy takes. Like it or not, these things are observed to be true. God cannot be observed at all. God cannot be established to exist outside of the imagination of those that imagine God exists. The only real difference between God and the Flying Spaghetti Monster, is that God has more devotees.

Quote:
The question of nuclear physics arose because you clearly do not understand the process of thermonuclear fission. Little Boy, the bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima, produced a 15 kiloton blast. Little Boy contained about 140 pounds of enriched uranium. Only about 2.2 pounds of uranium actually underwent nuclear fission however. Nuclear fission is the process by which matter releases all of its energy at the speed of light. All of the damage done to Hiroshima was the result of the instantaneous release of energy of 2.2 pounds of matter. There is a tremendous amount of energy potential inherent in ALL matter. Because matter is concentrated energy.

As for the question of genetics establishing that evolution is false, this is simply more religious "make it up and declare it to be true" at work. In this case it is a rumor begun by the religious that evolution is a failed theory which even scientists have largely discarded. This is rather like claiming that scientists have reached the conclusion that the earth is actually flat, and is only about 6,000 years old. And this is purely delusional.

GENOME RESEARCH

Comparing the human and chimpanzee genomes: Searching for needles in a haystack
Ajit Varki1 and Tasha K. Altheide

Glycobiology Research and Training Center, Departments of Medicine and Cellular & Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA

The chimpanzee genome sequence is a long-awaited milestone, providing opportunities to explore primate evolution and genetic contributions to human physiology and disease. Humans and chimpanzees shared a common ancestor ~5-7 million years ago (Mya). The difference between the two genomes is actually not ~1%, but ~4% —comprising ~35 million single nucleotide differences and ~90 Mb of insertions and deletions.

Copyright © 2017 by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press
Comparing the human and chimpanzee genomes: Searching for needles in a haystack

An early comparison of human and Chimpanzee genetic makeup indicated that humans and chimps are approximately 98-99% exactly the same genetically. A more concise years long study, completed this year, concluded that humans and chimps are actually about 96% the same genetically. Information which has served to establish that the divergence of humans and chimps from an ancestor species to be approximately 5-7 million years ago.

Hardly genetic proof that evolution is nonsense.

Quote:
Does your computer actually work? How about your smart phone? These are NOT examples of "declaration by popular decree." These things are examples of modern technology in action which are the result of the actual practical application of the truth of scientific advancement.

Quote:
The subject is beginnings. All laws of physics had a beginning. How did they come into existence.
The laws of physics existed long before humans existed. The laws of physics had to be discovered through many years of experimentation and observation. And now they are being put to practical use.

Quote:
Scientific data is built on OBSERVATION, not assumption. The indisputable proof that science is NOT making assumptions is in the form of the indisputable proof of working technology.

I already provided an example in the human chimp genome study above. But that is only one of thousands of examples of research which has been produced establishing the FACT of evolution. The religious can simply deny what they do not choose to believe. But their delusional claims, which in no way conform to the reality of the science that is being produced, only has the long term effect of increasingly exposing religion as the insupportable delusion that it has always been. All that is accomplished is that the religious retreat even further back into their self imposed ignorance. And it also explains the rapid evaporation of religious belief that is currently well under way in the technically advanced more highly educated countries.

It also leads to the sorrowful state of science comprehension in the US, which has in turn led to high tech companies being forced to seek out qualified employees from foreign countries to fill their high paying tech job needs. Because the domestic pool of science qualified talent has become so thin. So the anti science religious should be be resigned to being little more than service workers in their own country, serving the needs of the foreign workers who actually have the scientific background to snap up the high paying tech jobs.

Quote:
Because God is apparently a Republican. Which means that Jesus was little more than a liberal left wing "blessed are the poor" hippie who died badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality