Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 12:59 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It is hard to understand the idea of the two minds everyone has. There is a law for the flesh, and all are lawbreakers. There is a law for the spirit that has no sin.

None of the laws of Moses were made for the flesh because all flesh fails, it is the hidden law that defines what a person is guilty of.

You celebrate Christmas and Easter?

I say that you are a whooah by the laws of Moses. You are an adulterous, YOUR ARE a homosexual, you have committed adultery against God and gone after every lover on every hill except God's holy mountain.

You will fight against Pesach and unleavened bread and firstfruits, and Shavuot and Yom Kippur, and Sukkot, and Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah because you are not the bride of these days appointed for the wedding and the consummation and the honeymoon, and the wedding feast, and the birth of the son from the consummation, and the circumcision of the son from the consummation.

God gave a Ketubah for a bride to marry him and he only chose one people in this world, How many deceived people are there in the world?

How many of you sit there and lie to yourselves in ignorance thinking that you are the bride of Christ?

Are you really the bride of Christ?

That is not the point.

The point is whether the scripture is of you, are you the virgin who has not known her husband and now by some miracle you are pregnant with the seed of God?

Brides are a dime a dozen, but when the bridegroom comes, he will reward each bride according to how they raised his son, and if the bridegroom comes and finds a betrothed bride who has had his son for 40 years and he is still a baby, what will he say to that person?

''You have had my son for 40 years and put him in a corner to starve him that he remains a baby after 40 years? Don't you know that my word is bread, and my spirit is meat? Why have you put my child in a corner as some step child and treated him this way, what have you done to my children? I made you keeper over my house to give my children meat in due season and I come and find a baby still on milk?''
Your thoughts are not only harmful, they are the reason why people leave religions. IN so many ways what you have been taught is insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 01:05 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
My point was that he wasn't a Christian. He was in a religion and may or may not have heard of Jesus, but if all he was doing was obeying a set of rules and wasn't actually in a relationship with Jesus, he wasn't a Christian. Because Christianity is not just a set of rules, and that isn't what it's about. It's about Jesus.
You don't know this for sure. You know nothing about him or the church he was in or why he is now an atheist. For all you know he may not even believe in Jesus, and who could blame him?

Old 08-01-2017, 01:12 PM

160 posts, read 146,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I think figuring it out at 24 is fantastic. I left my church at 19 but didn't realize they had messed with my mind until I was 45. It really doesn't matter if you did or didn't do certain things, it's in the past. You are free now. There are lots of great support groups on line if you still need to figure some things out and feel understood.
What exactly do you mean mess with your mind

Old 08-01-2017, 03:01 PM

524 posts, read 252,121 times
People look for ways in their lives to fill emotional emptiness. Religion and liberalism are a couple of them. If you connect the dots you will see that religion is actually much more liberal in its action and consequences than it is conservative. Many people replace their religion with being 'worldly' and 'humanistic'. That is not a viable solution to the problem of religion being emotionally controlling.

Collectivism and the fear of individuality and true independence are what keeps these emotional driven thoughts going. Religion and being worldly or humanistic are basically things that make people hate themselves less. They are scapegoats that make people think that they are good and are both dysfunctionally arrogant in principle and action.

There are good and there are bad things that happen in life. Has religion as a whole helped to create a world where less bad things happen or will happen? Very doubtful.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:21 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
You don't know this for sure. You know nothing about him or the church he was in or why he is now an atheist. For all you know he may not even believe in Jesus, and who could blame him?
I said "apparently". It would seem that way.

But the point remains, one does not leave Jesus. It's not possible. He will not lose anyone.

Sure...I get it. The OP was in a religion....he lived it, he believed it...great. I do not take that lightly. I really don't. The point is that he didn't have Jesus. Am I allowed to have that point of view? Why not? I get all sorts of things said about me and "all fundies". I mean no disrespect regarding the OP--just how I see that it happened.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:31 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I said "apparently". It would seem that way.

But the point remains, one does not leave Jesus. It's not possible. He will not lose anyone.

Sure...I get it. The OP was in a religion....he lived it, he believed it...great. I do not take that lightly. I really don't.
I believed wholeheartedly in Jesus... until I didn't. I was a child when I believed in Jesus. I stopped when I was 13, still a child really. But I had begun to think on my own.

I know numerous people who believed in Jesus well into adulthood. But no longer do. So it seems that your claim that "one does not leave Jesus" simply has no merit. Like claiming no one leaves Santa Claus... until they do.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:55 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
I believed wholeheartedly in Jesus... until I didn't. I was a child when I believed in Jesus. I stopped when I was 13, still a child really. But I had begun to think on my own.

I know numerous people who believed in Jesus well into adulthood. But no longer do. So it seems that your claim that "one does not leave Jesus" simply has no merit. Like claiming no one leaves Santa Claus... until they do.
MY PERSONAL BELIEF, and I say this in my opinion...this is my understanding of 1 John 2:19 which says Christians do not leave Christ, and John 6 where Jesus says he will lose none. I do not mean to offend, and do not mean to suggest anything negative about you. My opinion is that you believed in what you were told about Jesus. You believed in the religious teachings, but you never actually met Jesus and had a saving faith in him. You were not a Christian IN MY OPINION. You practiced the religion, you went to church, you were likely very active in it, but I don't believe that is the same as actual saving faith in Christ.

To believe that someone is a Christian and then isn't one is to simply believe the Bible is in error, and it is to believe that Jesus failed to do the will of the Father.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:57 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Your thoughts are not only harmful, they are the reason why people leave religions. IN so many ways what you have been taught is insane.

LOL, I guess she told me dint she.

Being born again is something that just slips off the tongue so easily when somebody believes in Christ but it is not so easy. Paul was always angry at his disciples because they were not studying the law and the prophets fast enough for them to be born again, it is a process.

Paul's Fears for the Galatians
…18Nevertheless, it is good to be zealous if it serves a noble purpose—at any time, and not only when I am with you. 19My children, for whom I am again in the pains of child birth until Christ is formed in you......

2 Laws
Living by the Spirit
…17For the flesh craves what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are opposed to one another, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery;…

Wives and Husbands
…3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment such as braided hair or gold jewelry or fine clothes, 4but let it be from the hidden man of yourheart, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in God’s sight.

I teach what the bible teaches Matti, where Messiah comes and takes two men and makes them one man. There is therefore no difference in a slave of bondage and a free man because all are slaves in this body of death but all are free in Messiah. There is no more male and female as the bible teaches, because all are female by flesh and all are male by spirit in that they house the spirit of Messiah and they are submissive to his voice.

Ephesians and Hebrews and many other books speak of the fact that we are of two minds. The parables of Jesus is hidden in parables and it all concerns the feasts and what we are. The son who stayed home with the father is Judah, and the prodigal nation of Ephraim is the prodigal son and Jesus is just showing historical fact. But what is hidden in truth is that Jesus brought a new covenant for Judah and Ephraim to make them one man, and Ephraim represents the flesh, Judah the spirit. Lazarus and the rich man are the same person and everything you read is leading up to a great division where God will make your waters stand on end and uncover your secrets like a woman having her dress pulled up over her head found naked. The division cometh lol.

People will be as two men in a bed, and as two women at the wheel, and these will be cut in two and appointed their place because one is spirit and one is flesh, and God should have come to find that the flesh was a submissive servant listening to the will of her betrothed husband, the spirit of God.

But when he find two men or two women, that person will be cut in half with a sword that can even divide soul and spirit.

Maybe you just have no propensity to think in esoteric ways very deep, some people just can't do it, but that is what the bible is. A man dies as a Lamb, and as a ram, as a goat, as a dove, as a red heifer, a bull, and it's not always easy to understand but I will teach you.

We can see a clear picture of Jacob standing inside the skin of his brother when Jacob put on the skins of an animal to fool his father that he was his brother Esau.

Cain was of the flesh, and his brother who he killed was the spirit inside him that was supposed to be guiding him so he wouldn't sin against God, but as all people do, they fight against the spirit.

Matti, man I really love your name.

The garden of Eden is what you are Matti, Body, soul, and spirit.

Is there such a thing as body, soul, and spirit?

It may be very esoteric and hard to grasp for some people, but I could line up the smartest men in the world beginning with Da Vinci who painted the garden of Eden in every painting. You will always find that the subject is split in half because the left side is male, and the right side is female, and you will always find the snake.

It is on Mona Lisa's right arm, but the snake is not permitted to eat it's tail lest it becomes immortal, and so a bald eagle is there to prevent the snake from eating it's tail.

Know thyself Matti.

Dang I love that name.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:09 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
In regards to people who are altruistic/nice. How can one know the difference between having an ego boost and feeling good about what you did?
Difference of "two feelings" for the same thing, about the same thing? There is none. Why would an altruistic/nice person also have to be self-abnegating about how good they feel about the nice things they do? I mean, sure, there has to be some sort of self-control or moderation for how much you pat yourself on the back... but I doubt that there would ever even be a noticeable minority of people who go overboard with their feelings of accomplishment for niceness/altruism.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:24 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
What exactly do you mean mess with your mind
Mine was a cult so it might not be relevant to you. They made me believe there was something wrong with me. That made me feel like a fraud because I had to exist in that environment (because I was a child) and pretend to be one of them even though I knew there was nothing special about me. They use thought stopping techniques, train you to be an emotional reasoner so you can't use critical thinking skills to escape, phobia indoctrination, the religious services where long and drones on so I learned to dissociate, they isolate children from "the world" so we don't fit in and have no resources outside the group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality