Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 02:05 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
When there's conflict as pointed out by Badlander in the first response. Christianity adapted to the heliocentric theory 400(?) years ago. Which one takes priority today - evolution or creationism?
Evolution vs creationism is a useless argument used to perpetuate conflict among people. We and the world already exist. How it happened doesn't matter. How we live in this existence does.

Suppose I did believe in creationism. So what? I also believe in gravity, in chemistry, in physics, in geology, etc. One minor belief in the context of living in a world where science is all around us. What's the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 05:35 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,350,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Evolution vs creationism is a useless argument used to perpetuate conflict among people. We and the world already exist. How it happened doesn't matter. How we live in this existence does.

Suppose I did believe in creationism. So what? I also believe in gravity, in chemistry, in physics, in geology, etc. One minor belief in the context of living in a world where science is all around us. What's the big deal?
Clearly your form of Christianity has adapted to science. This is not the case with some Christians. We still have Christians who believe in a 6,000 year old Earth that never had pre-humans walking on it.

Your form of Christianity places deeds above creeds. I can respect that. However, if you understand that deeds are most important, why call yourself a "Christian" at all? As a Christian, you must have faith in ALL biblical creeds (not just the ones you agree with).

Old 10-28-2017, 06:10 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post

The disrespect lent the God of Israel so that the rude can carry on a side conversation unrelated to the top of 'God said'...

The rudest questions: "did a dude die, wake up, and fly away?' then "Can I hang out with yaz and make rational rules...?"

You could never make a single rational rule if you tried to writing something that was never claimed by the Christians!

As in fact you're telling a lie as an outright misrepresentation of what the Bible states regarding that same resurrection!

You don't get to talk about God that way that he was manifested in the flesh so that he could take on all of the sins of man.

That even means those never repented of that he knew who would choose to ridicule and who would choose to serve Him!

Your detestable comments are discriminatory foul language of one never insults the same God who paid for cheap pricing.

lmao, whatever you say. The universe is so much better than you claim. You make it seem so very small.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
People who say they have visions or see spirits are medicated out of that belief by science everyday so yes they do change,minimise and bully mystery.
This isn't really the issue. Your post is about people that can't function in society. we don't bully mystery here, we remove people that can hurt themselves and people around them.

we challenge people that push "we have no idea why )mystery) so my way is the highway and anything else is wrong." and we will shun you when you don't agree. we have milli mental atheists that do it too. Fundy/mental think is a personality issue not a belief statement.

I am talking about a group of people damning me to hell because I say nobody died, woke up, and flew away. Not only that, but I am for stopping people that teach that as a literal event. those people are, are dangerous. Militant atheism religion and fundy theist religion are dangerous to the freedoms of people around them. religion run countries and anti-religion countries are the examples.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:

I love the "we are here now" part. when people go to how it started to support a god or not support a god it shows me they don't get it. I mean, how science works.

whats the rock record and inner cell processes tell us about the most likely method for creation?

Old 10-28-2017, 11:27 AM

678 posts, read 429,601 times
Quote:

I think the big deal is when enough people cherry pick science and it has a negative impact on the world.

Do you care about our environment and the letter that Pope Francis gave President Trump? I know some Christians on here think I'm not Catholic, who cares what the Pope thinks which I find disappointing.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:17 PM

465 posts, read 236,016 times
Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by Katiethegreat
People who say they have visions or see spirits are medicated out of that belief by science everyday so yes they do change,minimise and bully mystery.
Arach Angle:
Quote:
This isn't really the issue. Your post is about people that can't function in society. we don't bully mystery here, we remove people that can hurt themselves and people around them.

we challenge people that push "we have no idea why )mystery) so my way is the highway and anything else is wrong." and we will shun you when you don't agree. we have milli mental atheists that do it too. Fundy/mental think is a personality issue not a belief statement.

I am talking about a group of people damning me to hell because I say nobody died, woke up, and flew away. Not only that, but I am for stopping people that teach that as a literal event. those people are, are dangerous. Militant atheism religion and fundy theist religion are dangerous to the freedoms of people around them. religion run countries and anti-religion countries are the examples.

The disrespect lent the God of Israel so that the rude can carry on a side conversation unrelated to the top of 'God said'...

The rudest questions: "did a dude die, wake up, and fly away?' then "Can I hang out with yaz and make rational rules...?"

You could never make a single rational rule if you tried to writing something that was never claimed by the Christians!

As in fact you're telling a lie as an outright misrepresentation of what the Bible states regarding that same resurrection!

You don't get to talk about God that way that he was manifested in the flesh so that he could take on all of the sins of man.

That even means those never repented of that he knew who would choose to ridicule and who would choose to serve Him!

Your detestable comments are discriminatory foul language of one never insults the same God who paid for cheap pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao, whatever you say. The universe is so much better than you claim. You make it seem so very small.

Hagar and the Hanging Gardens inside the straits of Egypt.

They saw they took they gave away as said God blessed it.

That's the way a jew thinks who hates all that is/was Egypt.

'Let us contrive the scheme to settle in with a King's Egypt.'

Then her handmaiden was given as a second wife to gyped.

The gypsies as the yews that's where was born Mohammed.

The mad man and his concubines at what age disappeared.

Man shall love one wife and hate all the others disregarded.

Yes Sarah's tents and the sand dunes prove it once moved.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:44 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
People who say they have visions or see spirits are medicated out of that belief by science everyday so yes they do change, minimise and bully mystery.
Yes, Katie, you point up a major conundrum in the mental health area. As someone who has willfully achieved altered mental states under conscious control without any substances or external agents, I know they can reveal alternative aspects of our reality that are NOT hallucinatory or the result of mental illness. I am quite willing to concede that some people can have abilities that achieve those states without the hard work and years of dedication that I required. We have a tremendous diversity of abilities within our species. The problem arises when there are genuine mental disease or dysfunction that DO present a clear and present danger to others. Unfortunately, the default view is that they are NEVER true aspects of our reality and they require medication to prevent their occurrence. Sadly, we are far from knowledgeable enough about mental function and experience today to override that default.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:17 PM

465 posts, read 236,016 times
Quote:
originally posted by charlygal evolution vs creationism is a useless argument used to perpetuate conflict among people. We and the world already exist. How it happened doesn't matter. How we live in this existence does.

Suppose i did believe in creationism. So what? I also believe in gravity, in chemistry, in physics, in geology, etc. One minor belief in the context of living in a world where science is all around us. What's the big deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arach angle View Post
i love the "we are here now" part. When people go to how it started to support a god or not support a god it shows me they don't get it. I mean, how science works.

Whats the rock record and inner cell processes tell us about the most likely method for creation?
Pots of clay the gardens of Babylonians:

King Narmer | king before Pharaoh's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh9ByB2jVU4

Gate of God's wood would say it's chess.

The Egyptian historian Manetho, writing later in the third century BC, says that a “demigod” named Menes rose to power as Egypt’s first pharaoh. Early Christian writers believed that Menes was the same person as the biblical Mizraim, whose name means “embanker of the sea.” A later chronicle by Constantine Manasses (c.1130–c.1187) implies that Egypt was founded in 2188 BC, but this date has not been confirmed.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:28 PM

678 posts, read 429,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, Katie, you point up a major conundrum in the mental health area. As someone who has willfully achieved altered mental states under conscious control without any substances or external agents, I know they can reveal alternative aspects of our reality that are NOT hallucinatory or the result of mental illness. I am quite willing to concede that some people can have abilities that achieve those states without the hard work and years of dedication that I required. We have a tremendous diversity of abilities within our species. The problem arises when there are genuine mental disease or dysfunction that DO present a clear and present danger to others. Unfortunately, the default view is that they are NEVER true aspects of our reality and they require medication to prevent their occurrence. Sadly, we are far from knowledgeable enough about mental function and experience today to override that default.
I'd be interested to hear more. Do you have it written someplace? What was your awakening like? What sort of alternative mental states? If it's having a positive impact on yourself and not negatively effecting others why would any mental health professional require medication?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality