Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 02:07 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

It would be funny if it wasn't so close to truth.

New Registry Allows Engaged Same-Sex Couples To Choose Which Christian Florist To Put Out Of Business

U.S.—A new online wedding registry will allow same-sex couples to choose which Christian florist they plan to sue and permanently put out of business as they celebrate their union.

The registry, called ASSIMIL8, provides gay couples with a list of business owners whose privately held personal beliefs may reflect traditional Christian views on marriage. The excited fiancés can then pick whose lives they want to totally destroy with a lengthy and frivolous lawsuit, as they anticipate their cheerful nuptials.

In lieu of wedding gifts, friends and family can participate in the joyful celebration by contributing to the expensive legal fees required to completely trash a random stranger’s life and force them into bankruptcy.

“We can think of no better way to start our new life together then to utterly ruin the livelihood of a local businessperson based on their religious beliefs,” said one happy couple. “It’s a perfect way to honor the love and acceptance represented by marriage.”

Once the couple has selected the target business they wish to annihilate, the website then offers a much longer list of convenient florists who are more than happy to service their ceremony.

According to an ASSIMIL8 spokesperson, they are expanding their registry to include Christian bakers this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 02:12 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
Sounds like an article from The Onion.

Did you hear about the new multi-million dollar Abortionplex?

Old 12-07-2017, 02:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It would be funny if it wasn't so close to truth.

New Registry Allows Engaged Same-Sex Couples To Choose Which Christian Florist To Put Out Of Business

U.S.—A new online wedding registry will allow same-sex couples to choose which Christian florist they plan to sue and permanently put out of business as they celebrate their union.

The registry, called ASSIMIL8, provides gay couples with a list of business owners whose privately held personal beliefs may reflect traditional Christian views on marriage. The excited fiancés can then pick whose lives they want to totally destroy with a lengthy and frivolous lawsuit, as they anticipate their cheerful nuptials.

In lieu of wedding gifts, friends and family can participate in the joyful celebration by contributing to the expensive legal fees required to completely trash a random stranger’s life and force them into bankruptcy.

“We can think of no better way to start our new life together then to utterly ruin the livelihood of a local businessperson based on their religious beliefs,” said one happy couple. “It’s a perfect way to honor the love and acceptance represented by marriage.”

Once the couple has selected the target business they wish to annihilate, the website then offers a much longer list of convenient florists who are more than happy to service their ceremony.

According to an ASSIMIL8 spokesperson, they are expanding their registry to include Christian bakers this summer.
Quote:
The Babylon Bee is Your Trusted Source For Christian News Satire.
You've been had, Fundie.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:17 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Agreed. This sounds very much like satire.

Even so, Christian businesses can easily avoid lawsuirs by not discriminating.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:29 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Sounds like an article from The Onion.

Did you hear about the new multi-million dollar Abortionplex?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You've been had, Fundie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Agreed. This sounds very much like satire.

Even so, Christian businesses can easily avoid lawsuirs by not discriminating.
I'm sorry.....I thought my statement of "It would be funny if it wasn't so close to truth" implied I was aware it was satire. Yes, I know BB is a satire site. I follow it and enjoy it.

If we did read an actual news article describing such a site, I doubt any of us would really be surprised.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:32 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,340,261 times
Don't discriminate and you won't have any problems. The anti-gay bigots have only themselves to blame. Is that really so hard to understand?

Would Jesus tell gays to <bleep> themselves if they asked him for a cake? Really?

Can you direct me to the place in the Bible where baking a cake for the wrong person is prohibited?

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-07-2017 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: language

Old 12-07-2017, 02:44 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
Sound like a site made and for evil hearted people

Old 12-07-2017, 03:55 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
This is a good example of something better to ignore, than play in to and draw attention to.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:59 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You've been had, Fundie.
I don't think so. He said it would be funny if it wasn't SO CLOSE to the truth.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I don't think so. He said it would be funny if it wasn't SO CLOSE to the truth.
Meh. I'll let him off with a draw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality