Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 11:20 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,054,369 times

Advertisements

Earth originally had four moons.
A greater moon (Theia) and a lesser Moon and two much smaller moons (Ceres and ????).

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

3 billion years ago Theia's decaying orbit reached the Roche limit and for the next 1 billion years Theia slowly deposited all of its mass onto a ring of mountains circling the earth's equator.

First the water ice on Theia's surface was deposited. This created Earths ocean. (The flood). Since the earth at that time had no continents the water completely flooded its surface.

Then the granodiorite was deposited. The granodiorite metamorphosed into the various rocks of the continental crust.

Then 2.4 billion years ago the dunite was deposited. This created the banded iron formations. The dunite sank to the bottom of the mantle.

During all this time Earth would have had a ring like Saturn. From the ground this ring would have looked very much like a rainbow.

And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood;
17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth

And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

http://i.imgur.com/nY8O995.png

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 09:18 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Why do you follow this strange website that teaches weird things?

Old 07-19-2017, 01:26 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
That link he posted has some interesting, odd and funny gifs! LOL

Last edited by Matadora; 07-19-2017 at 01:35 AM..

Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 AM

At-a-glance/Revelation2 | Religion-wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banded_iron_formation

Banded iron formations are distinctive units of sedimentary rock that are almost always of Precambrian age.

A typical BIF consists of repeated, thin layers (a few millimeters to a few centimeters in thickness) of silver to black iron oxides, either magnetite (Fe3O4) or hematite (Fe2O3), alternating with bands of iron-poor shales and cherts, often red in color, of similar thickness, and containing microbands (sub-millimeter) of iron oxides.

Banded layers rich in iron were mostly deposited between 2,400 and 1,900 mya

Old 07-21-2017, 08:52 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
At-a-glance/Revelation2 | Religion-wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banded_iron_formation

Banded iron formations are distinctive units of sedimentary rock that are almost always of Precambrian age.

A typical BIF consists of repeated, thin layers (a few millimeters to a few centimeters in thickness) of silver to black iron oxides, either magnetite (Fe3O4) or hematite (Fe2O3), alternating with bands of iron-poor shales and cherts, often red in color, of similar thickness, and containing microbands (sub-millimeter) of iron oxides.

Banded layers rich in iron were mostly deposited between 2,400 and 1,900 mya
Why do you consider to follow this strange site? It's full of nonsense.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Why do you consider to follow this strange site? It's full of nonsense.
Is that what you think I'm thinking about you?

Old 08-14-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Earth originally had four moons.
A greater moon (Theia) and a lesser Moon and two much smaller moons (Ceres and ????).

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

3 billion years ago Theia's decaying orbit reached the Roche limit and for the next 1 billion years Theia slowly deposited all of its mass onto a ring of mountains circling the earth's equator.

First the water ice on Theia's surface was deposited. This created Earths ocean. (The flood). Since the earth at that time had no continents the water completely flooded its surface.

Then the granodiorite was deposited. The granodiorite metamorphosed into the various rocks of the continental crust.

Then 2.4 billion years ago the dunite was deposited. This created the banded iron formations. The dunite sank to the bottom of the mantle.

During all this time Earth would have had a ring like Saturn. From the ground this ring would have looked very much like a rainbow.

And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood;
17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth

And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

http://i.imgur.com/nY8O995.png
It sounds like the purpose of the flood story and Genesis in general is to claim possession of the Earth by establishing continuous occupation of the earth even during the time that it was completely flooded

Old 12-18-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
And the waters have been very very mighty on the earth, and covered are all the high mountains which [are] under the whole heavens;

fifteen [thousand] cubits upwards have the waters become mighty, and the mountains are covered;
15,000 biblical cubits = 15,000 feet

ocean volume / earth surface area = 8,568 feet.

The rest of the water has probably been subducted into the crust over the last few billion years.

Hebrew Numbers and Counting

Old 12-19-2017, 04:33 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
When I was a Southern Baptist I once had two very highly respected teachers there tell me that the flood of Noah was the "first rain" in the history of the planet.

In hindsight that was a ridiculous belief.

Now I just see the entire story as completely symbolic. I don't know why anyone would try to read it from a scientific perspective. The letter of Peter even states that it symbolized baptism. I am pretty positive it was just another retelling of the siege of Jerusalem around 700 BC. Just as the Garden of Eden was a retelling of the same exact thing.

People back then were just trying to make sense of everything that had been happening to them.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:59 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Why do you follow this strange website that teaches weird things?
Now that’s funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality