Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 08:21 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,475,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So you just make up your own history the way you’d like to see it?...

No. I actively seek to learn the history that isn't taught in schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 12:13 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,074,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
No it's not. God wanted his people to show the world how to behave (for lack of a better word ). He wants them to remember the agreement (covenant) he made with them. God is a just God that does not play favorites. Even though the Israelites are his people, they still have to follow his rules like everyone else. He is not going to give them a pass because they are his people. So when they screw up, he is going to punish them so they can be corrected and get back on a right path. It's also why the Israelites were in the desert for all those years. They kept screwing up! And God was not going to allow the screwups to take possession of the land. So he had to "root them out" of the tribes, lest they pass their bad behavior to their children. Because that's how you get generation after generation of unrighteous people, who eventually evolve into really terrible people that then cause entire nations to be destroyed. God wanted to completely destroy the Israelites at a couple of points, and Moses had to beg him not to. He wanted to start over because they had been ruined. We are supposed to evolve so that we are brought to perfection. This is the problem with us being so far removed from the original language. The scriptures were written in Hebrew, whose characters have meaning and assigned numbers (the aleph represents and ox, for example). All the meaning gets stripped away when it's lost in translation. And the people who did the translating knew exactly what they were doing. That's why we're on message boards trying to figure this out. Anyway...back to the Native Americans. They are the poorest group in the nation and have been forever, when this was initially their land. So why is that? If you go with the theory that they are descendants of Israelites, it makes sense. I will say that I think the Native Americans are some of the most spiritual people in America, and we can learn A TON from them. But they did break their agreement with God. They made covenants with the foreigners. They assign god-like qualities to things found in nature (also forbidden). I do not blame them. They have forgotten their origins. But God will awaken his people in the last days...

Heck, I dunno! I have a couple of theories. Remember learning about pangea in school? Even if you look at a map today, you can tell where the eastern and western continents fit together like puzzle pieces. Maybe eons ago when they got driven out and taken captive, they fled far to what is now the Americas. And maybe over time, when the Israelites screwed up again, God sent destruction via natural disasters...which separated the land. But really...I have no idea at this point. I'll let you know when I'm more confident in an answer.

The native Americans come from Siberia, they are of Asian stock, not Middle Eastern stock...

Old 06-13-2018, 01:52 AM

Well if we want to be technical, everyone on earth was the color of Jesus at some point. Intermixing is what caused the variations in color. And the enemy wants us to be divided based on race and other factors. It's part of the con. That is part of the reason Israel is going to become one again. Because at this point they are all scattered and mixed and don't think they come from the same family. That is why in Hebrews God said he will put his laws in their hearts. Because we are marching toward the point where and Israelite will know a fellow brother by what's in his heart. And that's why we need to study the books...so we know how to follow God. He will test his people to make sure they have the right heart. To "root out" those who are not true. So it all has a purpose and will come together. Once people see all these people of different shades....from all different nations...black, white, Mexican, Swedish, whatever...and see that they are Israel...they will be a sign to the believers that God is real and the scriptures are true. And everyone will know who the enemy (Satan) really is. It's kinda simple when you think about it.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:34 AM

11,061 posts, read 6,011,853 times
Quote:

I will say that I think the Native Americans are some of the most spiritual people in America, and we can learn A TON from them. But they did break their agreement with God. They made covenants with the foreigners. They assign god-like qualities to things found in nature (also forbidden). I do not blame them. They have forgotten their origins. But God will awaken his people in the last days...

Actually, the native Americans didn't have an agreement with 'God'. 'God' didn't exist for them - they had never heard of him. They had not 'forgotten' their origins - their origins did not include the Israelite god and they have no heritage with the Israelites.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:38 AM

11,061 posts, read 6,011,853 times
Quote:
Well if we want to be technical, everyone on earth was the color of Jesus at some point. Intermixing is what caused the variations in color.
Hang on - if everyone was the color of Jesus then intermixing would have no effect - we would all still be the same color. Mixing black with black produces ... wait for it ... yes, you guessed it. Black.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:42 AM

Are you sure? Maybe research the history of Native Americans. There are Native American artifacts that have Hebrew characters on them...just as some of the black slaves wrote Hebrew characters (there is a church in the south that has pews with Hebrew characters etched in them). I heard that some of the explorers took blacks on expeditions as interpreters. Now, if Europeans were coming to the "new world" where they didn't know the language and were using blacks to interpret...well, the blacks had to share a common language with the natives. Sooooooo...what was that language?

Old 06-13-2018, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Hang on - if everyone was the color of Jesus then intermixing would have no effect - we would all still be the same color. Mixing black with black produces ... wait for it ... yes, you guessed it. Black.
Adaptation? The earth has been around for a long, long time. You get exiled to a region where the sun is less intense...over time, you don't need as much pigmentation to protect against hot African sun rays.

Just one theory. I am not a scientist.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:00 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,013,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No...the evidence supports that being the actual date it was written.
Yet you fail to present that evidence. Unlike me and Transponder.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:29 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,013,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
P.s I had a look on Philo on Essenes. The argument seems to be taking it that his citing Agrippa and a reference to a location "Downstream" indicates Qumran, and that no other site appears to look like an essence community.

Philo (second account)
"The Essenes live in a number of towns in Judea, and also in many villages and in large groups.

So it's clear that they DID live in other locations, despite none being found to qualify as Essene settlement. I also read that Philo and Josephus also say that other groups including Zealots (and I suggest that the Nazoreans were a zealot group and a worthy target for the Roman army at Qumran) lived in similar communities. So it seems to me that Qumran monastery could as easily be a zealot group as much as an Essene group. It was assumed it was Essene at the outset, perhaps because of the religious look of the library. But the War -scroll and some other documents together with the archaeological evidence of a Roman attack (which put zealots there at some time, at least) makes me wonder, that's all.
Yes, the Dead Sea scrolls mention two groups, the major group who led a monastic life of celibacy, and those who lived in villages. The latter could marry, but still followed the major rules of the sect. Which supports the idea the scrolls are Essene.

I do not know of any archaeological evidence that puts the zealots at Qumran. How would you tell a zealot from a none zealot artifact?

Old 06-13-2018, 06:33 AM

Whoops! Nevermind. Mistake.

Last edited by treemoni; 06-13-2018 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: reading error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality