Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 08:51 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think most religious folks would say this. But do you have any numbers on how many people they ever gave food to? I've never seen this done. Not even once. And I've been in several churches. There are massive amounts of money poured into missions, though. Churches now even charge for things like Vacation Bible school. They actually charge children money to teach them about God, Jesus, etc. Which is totally contradictory to what the Bible teaches. I know of some poor families who have to sit out VBS out every year because they can't afford to send all their kids. I find it hard to believe those same churches would bring church members groceries if they didn't have food.
I could ask you a similiar question. Where is your proof that churches do not care for the poor and hungry? You make a blanket statement, indicting all Christian churches.

For the record, my current church operates a food bank, feeding some 80 families/month. We also give out grocery cards to those who come in off the street. And, we do NOT charge for VBS, where we serve about 1,000 kids each summer. I know we are not the only church in our area that does these things.

Oh, and by the way, we run a free medical and dental clinic for the poor in our community. All of this is funded by the membership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 09:58 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
And don't count on churches to help people, either. I have known long time members of congregations whose families were practically starving and nobody in the church would even give them a sack of groceries. They always offered "counseling" instead on how the church member needed to work harder and make more money (to give to the church). A lot of church money goes towards bigger buildings, new parking lots and mission trips where youth pose for selfies using the local impoverished people as props, which are then posted on social media to boast how great they are for going on these trips. Which are, of course, financed by someone else. It took me a long time to realize that mission trips are simply glorified vacations for many people and they actually do very little to improve the lives of the people they visit. Sometimes they cause more problems in these countries than help.
Yes, they talk a lot about helping out but more than likely it will be, "Let me see....I'll...pray for you. Yes, that's what I'll do, I'll PRAY for you." Thanks a lot!

Christians suffer to various degrees from what's called "cognitive dissonance". They go from this bubble at church to their bubble at home and then to their bubble at Christian school then to their bubble of Christian friends to praise the Lord. They never move outside this safe circle. The truth never invades this little world their parents have created for them that keeps out anything that would threaten what they believe about what they've been programmed to believe about Jesus.

If by chance they accidentally stumble outside their bubble and you get a chance to tell them, "There's no written proof outside the Bible Jesus ever lived" red lights start dinging furiously inside their brains. Subconsciously they sense danger and this religious filter instantly turns on censoring anything more you say that would threaten their psychological well-being. Boom! Cognitive dissonance instantly shuts out anything you tell them beyond that. It goes in one ear and out the other. They smile and say, "You're mistaken. Jesus is written throughout the Bible. That's all the proof I need." Then they skip away back into their safe little cocoon. Amazing that I was once like that. But like only about 1/2 of 1% of Christians I actually let my shields down to learn the truth and it was sooooooooo liberating.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:47 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, they talk a lot about helping out but more than likely it will be, "Let me see....I'll...pray for you. Yes, that's what I'll do, I'll PRAY for you." Thanks a lot!
This.

They always say they'll pray for you, but rarely offer any real help. They get off easy this way.

Old 06-29-2018, 02:04 AM

16,761 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I believe in the resurrection of Jesus, I can't choose to not believe in it, it's what I believe. My belief has greatly changed after being raised in Assemblies of God 40 years, I decided there was no God and I would prove it, but what I proved to myself was that there was a God, and I converted to Judaism.

I cannot honestly look at the plan and pretend that it doesn't exist because I know the plan, it's in my head, my head. I cannot unsee it.
So you are Jewish, but believe Jesus was resurrected.

So why are you not a Christian?

This is a serious question, I am not mocking.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:49 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

he has some good points. I mean really, very good, great points. he is just so angry and can't blame himself and his loved ones for his mistake and its got he is all freaked out.

he'll sort it out when the anger subsides.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:50 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You have listened to false religion claiming to be Christian. There is 0doubt in all creation--the religion that came out of Rome did not have Jesus. It was this-2Thess 2:3) No branch ever fixed it because of errors in translation. No originals were left when the protestants translated--the religion that came out of Rome translating remained. And possibly--Hebrew NT manuscripts. Those translations teach 2 different gods because of the errors. ( not the Hebrew wouldn't)
Eternal suffering was symbolism in the NT. Gods justice scales make it to be impossible to be literal.
An eye for an eye= perfect balance-uncorruptable

on one side-- 70 -100 years of a life of unrepented sins. On the other side-- trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of suffering.= 0 balance.

Those that know God, know its fact. But Jesus warned that most wouldn't know him= Father-John 15:20-21-- so they teach a sadist god.( run from these)-- the real God= LOVE.
So how did your group find out the truth if the manuscripts were gone?...

Old 06-29-2018, 06:56 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I’ve belonged to 3 Southern Baptist churches, two small and one large, over my lifetime and found the opposite to be true.
he did use the word "sometimes". I am not anti-religious because I believed it was more than 'sometimes" early in my life. I looked at all the good and all the bad, well, as best as a regular could that is, a closer looks shows "hey, they tried and the native people have to do the rest."

"banning missionary crusades" helps far less people than letting it wobble along. There is no way human will ever get rid of the wobble. secular or not. we could say that "anti-religion" hurts less. I mean, even a smart 8th grader can see the silliness in that statement.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:12 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

I am not Jewish
I am THE Christian, again, Christianity is a sect of Judaism where Gentiles not only practice Judaism, Gentiles comes as servants to ISRAEL, I AM IN Richard's religion although no Jew may see me as being in Judaism, nevertheless, I practice Judaism, and there is a big difference in Christianity and Judaism. Christianity on the other hand practices lawlessness, paganism, and anti-Semitism. I get my opinion and views from the promises made to the Gentile who would serve Israel to spend his time and money helping Jews return to Israel, and if I am not helping Jews return, I find a Jew to serve, and my life becomes his life, my money and what I own become his, and I am only there to serve.

Why on Earth would a Gentile take up practices like these?

Because the only and only greatest promise to a Gentile is what god promises the Gentile who would come serving Judah, there are no greater promises to the Jew than what the Gentile is offered in serving a Jew, a member of Judah.

The covenant Christians had, it has been broken, and I fix the covenant, in doing this, I am promised the greatest promise a Gentile could achieve, such a reward and such a treasure that it cannot be explained to another Gentile.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:21 AM

If a Gentile wanted to prove that there is a God, all he has to do is to do what God told him to do in going out to find a Jew to serve, to spend your time and money helping a Jew return, and if the Jew does not want to return. you become a servant to that Jew, staying with him in the hospital, caring for his every need, you become as his own child taking care of him as if he were the king of Kings and by this way, you have been considered a member of the family. You have fixed the broken covenant that Jesus came offering, and the Gentiles came breaking

This is what Christianity began doing, began becoming, and the reward of this thing is that a way has been made for a Gentile to become a Priest, even a Levite, and if God considers you a priest, and he appoints that Gentile as a Levite, your life will drastically change because when God appointed you to be his priest, he pours oil on your head and you learn very fast, because if God appoints you to be a priest, he is NO DOUBT going to teach you like nobody else is taught. If God appoints you as a Priest, then you have become a son of oil, and you receive that oil as promised, and God will have none of his priests stand in ignorance, behold, they are priests appointed by God lol.

How does a Christian perform the duties of a Priest that God would consider a Gentile as a priest to pour God's oil on your head?

A Christian perfoms the duty of a Priest by bringing sacrifices and offerings to God, what offering is the Gentile bringing?

He brings a Jew in a clean vessel as an offering to God, That Jew and the works you have done for that Jew IS YOUR OFFRING, PROVING that you are performing the duties of a priest. You have just become a son of oil BECAUSE you performed the duties of a Gentile priest.

This is the meaning of the ten virgins who have an extra vessel that they themselves purchase the oil to fill the vessel. The ten virgins is pointing directly at Isaiah 66, and they are the wise, and they are wise because they know and realize the covenant has been broken because the Gentiles left the Jews, and the wise virgins has one goal, and this goal is to become one with the Jews again, to establish another covenant.

What would it matter if 1 Million preachers claimed to be anointed by God as to actually think that God has chosen him himself? There are a million preachers out there right now teaching, and they are not teaching as one who God has anointed as a son of oil. You do what God ask of a gentile to become a priest, and you will know when that oil is poured on your head because it literally changes your being. It opens a part of you that has always been a shut door.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-29-2018 at 09:46 AM..

Old 06-29-2018, 09:48 AM

In this way an Atheist or anyone else can put God to the test, you do as God asked in helping the Jew, and he makes you a priest, and when you have oil poured on your head, you are no longer alone because there are many who come to teach you, one after the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality