Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2018, 02:07 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
1) "left with the only logical, logical choice", is not a claim, its an opinion.
2) "we are only left with a cosmic accident" is just not true. and its an opinion.

I will say the claim of "accident" is false. The word "Random", as many in the anti-religious sect of atheism often misuse the word is probably false also. so, we move toward the "middle". I am ok with this if you are willing to clean up number 1 and number 2?

I am guessing your statement about "god/creator/ or "mover of some sort" is the claim.

we are not limited to a god of a religion then? do I understand that correctly?
How did he/she, or it, create the universe?
No, that’s my claim. You are welcome to counter it.

There is no such thing as random/accident. We just haven’t discover the reason/source.

What is your claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 02:11 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I would say the fact that there are and have been over 10,000 religions over history demonstrates God if He exists doesn't care what we believe. Pick your poison. He doesn't give a damn. I wonder that jimmi doesn't see that. He'll chalk all this up to free will stuff. jimmi how is it you don't realize that God simply has neglected to make provisions for insuring every human's salvation? You know 3 billion people steeped in their own religion are never going to recognize Jesus unless he appears to them. Hasn't God got any sort of a practical side to Him that He realizes He's going to have to send these people to hell for eternity based solely on them not having the capacity to make the correct choice for Jesus? Or are one of these that goes along with idiot WL Craig's belief that ALL men know innately in their heart that Jesus is their savior whether they've ever heard of him or not but they repress this knowledge because of their sinful nature? God, it makes me sick to my stomach just to type out that insane notion .
You’re not going to like my answer. It’s brief and from Christian scripture.

Hebrews 11

6 Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No, that’s my claim. You are welcome to counter it.

There is no such thing as random/accident. We just haven’t discover the reason/source.

What is your claim?
your claim isn't a claim. "there is no such thing as accident or random" isn't a claim on how the universe works.

My claim?

I look around at what we know as see what notion best fits the observations we have.

I think, one of the more valid claims is the universe may have been born. quantium soap, branes, and most others can't be tested yet and do not match observations as tightly as "born".

From nothing, well, it is as valid as the rest, but it doesn't match what we see so I say its slightly less valid than born to me.

so my claim "possible born" and your claim is "there is no random or accident"?

what uses more common sense?

Old 07-13-2018, 02:25 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:

Hebrews 11

6 Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
That's why husbands and wives sold property, houses and lively hoods to become homeless and completely dependent upon God.

A husband and a wife told a little white lie about the money, and both of them lay dead at the threshold, imagine if people were still indwelled with the spirit, and the spirit still judged people concerning money, there would be dead Christians in the millions from shore to shore.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:46 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:

Hebrews 11

So how on earth does a Muslim iman have the vaguest clue how to seek Jesus when all he reads is the Koran? Or a Hindu? Or a B'hai? You think Jesus is going to care about them enough to appear to them and tell them they're on the wrong path? Never going to happen.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
So how on earth does a Muslim iman have the vaguest clue how to seek Jesus when all he reads is the Koran? Or a Hindu? Or a B'hai?
I know right, Muslims already believe in Jesus, why would there be any difference between a Muslim and a Christian?

Neither the Muslim of the Christian keeps the worship system of Messiah with his 7 feasts, his own peculiar Sabbaths. There is literally no difference in a Christian and a Muslim concerning the covenant. Neither the Christian or he Muslim are under the covenant made for Ephraim and Judah, and the thing that makes the Gentile Ephraim is that the Gentile accepts the Sabbaths and feasts to join the Jew.

Islam and Christianity are sister religions, neither of them practice the religion of Messiah, and both believe in Jesus.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:05 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know right, Muslims already believe in Jesus, why would there be any difference between a Muslim and a Christian?

Neither the Muslim of the Christian keeps the worship system of Messiah with his 7 feasts, his own peculiar Sabbaths. There is literally no difference in a Christian and a Muslim concerning the covenant. Neither the Christian or he Muslim are under the covenant made for Ephraim and Judah, and the thing that makes the Gentile Ephraim is that the Gentile accepts the Sabbaths and feasts to join the Jew.

Islam and Christianity are sister religions, neither of them practice the religion of Messiah, and both believe in Jesus.
You're twisting things just a teensy bit, Hannibal. The Muslims believe Jesus was a great prophet but they don't believe he was the son of God and resurrected. I've watched enough debates by Shabir Aly to have picked that up.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:14 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
You're twisting things just a teensy bit, Hannibal. The Muslims believe Jesus was a great prophet but they don't believe he was the son of God and resurrected. I've watched enough debates by Shabir Aly to have picked that up.
lmao, the fact you even know the name shabi is funny, let alone watched him. I like quantum electrodynamics when talking about religion myself. kinda negates the mud flapping back and forth. It doesn't rely on "mud in your eye" to believe.

In fact, it requires that we take that mud out of our eyes.

KZ67q4pv0HI[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ67q4pv0HI&t=4253s

Old 07-13-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
They believe Jesus and the last Madi will crawl out of the well there at Mecca to then judge the world. The prophesies of Messiah was that God was going to send another prophet like Moses. Somebody asked Jesus,'' Good teacher, what must I do to enter life?'' Jesus replied,'' Why call me good? None but God are good, but do as Moses said.''

Christians claim that Jesus was all the sacrifices on Passover, and how can anyone be all the sacrifices on Passover when all the sacrifices happen on different dates? How could Jesus be the Yom Kippur goat, and the Sukkot bull for the nations on Passover when there has NEVER been a bull killed on Passover in the entire history of Israel?

You have to find where the laws were changed by Ezekiel in Chapter 45 where he moved all the sacrifices to one single day.

The problem Thrill, is that we can even more prove Jesus being all the sacrifices moved to Passover in Ezekiel 45, but this great Messianic Prince who has come to fulfill this prophesy sacrifices for his own sins as well.

Ezekiel 45 where all the holy days were moved to Passover, and then later for the same thing to happen on Tishri 15th where AGAIN, all the sacrifices must be killed in a single day..

21“ ‘In the first month on the fourteenth day you are to observe the Passover, a festival lasting seven days, during which you shall eat bread made without yeast. 22On that day the prince is to provide a bull as a sin offering for himself and for all the people of the land. 23Every day during the seven days of the festival he is to provide seven bulls and seven rams without defect as a burnt offering to the Lord, and a male goat for a sin offering. 24He is to provide as a grain offering an ephah for each bull and an ephah for each ram, along with a hin of olive oil for each ephah.
25“ ‘During the seven days of the festival, which begins in the seventh month on the fifteenth day, he is to make the same provision for sin offerings, burnt offerings, grain offerings and oil.

See the problem?

This scripture moves all the sacrifices to be killed in one single day, but the prince is also sacrificing for himself, and this Prince is NO DOUBT THE MESSIAH.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:36 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,170,668 times
Quote:
That’s your response? No evidence? You must be kidding.
Yes, there is no evidence for a omnipotent being creating the universe, nor any evidence for the supernatural biblical claims. I have no more reason to believe in an omnipotent being or your God, anymore than I would believe in unicorns or Santa. My ability to not prove they exist, in no way, is evidence or reason to believe they do exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality