Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2018, 04:42 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No, that’s my claim. You are welcome to counter it.

There is no such thing as random/accident. We just haven’t discover the reason/source.

What is your claim?
The burden of proof is still on you Jimmie. An invisible Godzilla lives in my backyard. Prove he doesn't. Your "claim" is just as ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 05:17 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
your claim isn't a claim. "there is no such thing as accident or random" isn't a claim on how the universe works.

My claim?

I look around at what we know as see what notion best fits the observations we have.

I think, one of the more valid claims is the universe may have been born. quantium soap, branes, and most others can't be tested yet and do not match observations as tightly as "born".

From nothing, well, it is as valid as the rest, but it doesn't match what we see so I say its slightly less valid than born to me.

so my claim "possible born" and your claim is "there is no random or accident"?

what uses more common sense?
To be clear, my claim is a creator, of some sort. It appears we are close in what we believe.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So how on earth does a Muslim iman have the vaguest clue how to seek Jesus when all he reads is the Koran? Or a Hindu? Or a B'hai? You think Jesus is going to care about them enough to appear to them and tell them they're on the wrong path? Never going to happen.
Go back and read the verse again. You missed the vital point.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Yes, there is no evidence for a omnipotent being creating the universe, nor any evidence for the supernatural biblical claims. I have no more reason to believe in an omnipotent being or your God, anymore than I would believe in unicorns or Santa. My ability to not prove they exist, in no way, is evidence or reason to believe they do exist.
The birth of your children didn’t make you consider a creator? The love of your spouse? The stars in the night sky? The vastness of the universe? The ocean, the mountains? The human conscience? Nothing?

Regardless, you offer no valid argument here.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:17 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
To be clear, my claim is a creator, of some sort. It appears we are close in what we believe.
ok, claims that have explanations, mechanisms, and make predictions tend to be more valid than those that don't.

maats inviso godzilla doesn't have any of them. a christian god thing has an explanation but no mechanism nor predictions, so while more valid than inviso godzilla, it doesn't make much more sense.

do you see that?

when you say "of some sort", I ask you what sort? and what observations lead you to that sort? I listed a set of observations and then conclusion. what are your observations?

Old 07-13-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
The birth of your children didn’t make you consider a creator? The love of your spouse? The stars in the night sky? The vastness of the universe? The ocean, the mountains? The human conscience? Nothing?

Regardless, you offer no valid argument here.
jimmie, look at what he said. he said "omni thingie". he is limiting his argument to a specific set of traits. The birth of my children don't make me an omni thingie. Sure, they can thank me if they want. i don't need it. As long as they are productive members of society, i really don't care if they hate me.

so maybe the life we are part of; feels sort of the same thing?

Old 07-13-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
jimmie, look at what he said. he said "omni thingie". he is limiting his argument to a specific set of traits. The birth of my children don't make me an omni thingie. Sure, they can thank me if they want. i don't need it. As long as they are productive members of society, i really don't care if they hate me.

so maybe the life we are part of; feels sort of the same thing?
That’s not what I meant. I see God through those things. I don’t think the feelings and emotions we experience in those times can be man-made. They come from a higher source.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
That’s not what I meant. I see God through those things. I don’t think the feelings and emotions we experience in those times can be man-made. They come from a higher source.
ok, but that's not what he questioned. Not yet anyway. we are talking just about the universe starting. Born, branes, quantium soup, and others. you said 'of some sort."

you said we are close. i said born and the mechanism is the big bang, or modified as such. no pun intended ... lmao ... born of the big bang, but I digress.

he is pointing strictly to an omni thingie starting the universe; at this time that is. That thing as a specific set of traits.

you don't seem to believe in one of those thingies to me? am i wrong there? a literal religious god thing?

Old 07-13-2018, 06:54 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Your claim is that you think you believe in Jesus.

But making a claim isn't the same thing as actually being in a covenant with Jesus.

A New Covenant
31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
35Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
36If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever

Your claim is that you are in this New covenant, the facts of the covenant state otherwise.

You can't offer a covenant to people when you aren't in the covenant.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:56 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
They believe Jesus and the last Madi will crawl out of the well there at Mecca to then judge the world. The prophesies of Messiah was that God was going to send another prophet like Moses. Somebody asked Jesus,'' Good teacher, what must I do to enter life?'' Jesus replied,'' Why call me good? None but God are good, but do as Moses said.''

Christians claim that Jesus was all the sacrifices on Passover, and how can anyone be all the sacrifices on Passover when all the sacrifices happen on different dates? How could Jesus be the Yom Kippur goat, and the Sukkot bull for the nations on Passover when there has NEVER been a bull killed on Passover in the entire history of Israel?

You have to find where the laws were changed by Ezekiel in Chapter 45 where he moved all the sacrifices to one single day.

The problem Thrill, is that we can even more prove Jesus being all the sacrifices moved to Passover in Ezekiel 45, but this great Messianic Prince who has come to fulfill this prophesy sacrifices for his own sins as well.

Ezekiel 45 where all the holy days were moved to Passover, and then later for the same thing to happen on Tishri 15th where AGAIN, all the sacrifices must be killed in a single day..

21“ ‘In the first month on the fourteenth day you are to observe the Passover, a festival lasting seven days, during which you shall eat bread made without yeast. 22On that day the prince is to provide a bull as a sin offering for himself and for all the people of the land. 23Every day during the seven days of the festival he is to provide seven bulls and seven rams without defect as a burnt offering to the Lord, and a male goat for a sin offering. 24He is to provide as a grain offering an ephah for each bull and an ephah for each ram, along with a hin of olive oil for each ephah.
25“ ‘During the seven days of the festival, which begins in the seventh month on the fifteenth day, he is to make the same provision for sin offerings, burnt offerings, grain offerings and oil.

See the problem?

This scripture moves all the sacrifices to be killed in one single day, but the prince is also sacrificing for himself, and this Prince is NO DOUBT THE MESSIAH.
Hannibal, stick with me for just one minute: what if---just what if Jesus never was any sort of sacrificial lamb for the sins of the world in the beginning? What if all this was invented way after the fact---maybe a hundred or so years later as Christianity had evolved? In the beginning Jesus never claimed to be God and this is readily evident in Mark. By John some 60-80 years later Jesus is fully God. Doesn't that alone strike you as odd? What if Jesus was made to be a permanent sacrifice by early Christianized Jews who needed a permanent Son-of-God sacrifice to replace the annual sacrifice they could no longer do when their temple was destroyed in 70 CE? By instituting the idea that Jesus was a god come in human form to die, resurrect and ascend to heaven they could do away with the idea they needed animal sacrifices to atone for their sins. It all fits together so nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality