Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 10:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
God doesnt save anyone against their own will.
So if a tornado strikes a town and religious folks say that those who were not killed were saved by God and an infant wss among those who did die, the the infant did not want to be saved?

Trying to understand God is made difficult when there are so many conflicting claims made by those who believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 12:41 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So if a tornado strikes a town and religious folks say that those who were not killed were saved by God and an infant wss among those who did die, the the infant did not want to be saved?

Trying to understand God is made difficult when there are so many conflicting claims made by those who believe.
God isn't involved in acts of nature.
Where God is directly involved is where the Will meets the road.

If you were suicidal and appealed to God, He would act.

Dont listen to religion, they dont know God. Religion is a middleman.

Thats the attraction of spirituality. You find your own truth instead of someone spoonfeeding you, that someone has Never experienced God or they wouldn't be be feeding you a line. If they had experienced God they
would be guiding others to their own experience. Instead they position themself as self annointed gurus,
They are thieves.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:44 AM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

Don't listen to religion, they don't know God. Religion is a middleman.

That's the attraction of spirituality. You find your own truth instead of someone spoonfeeding you, that someone has Never experienced God or they wouldn't be feeding you a line. If they had experienced God they would be guiding others to their own experience. Instead, they position themself as self-anointed gurus,
They are thieves.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:29 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
Quote:
Hmm, really?

Because I may be putting that to the test one day soon -- me and thousands of others.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:29 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg

Quote:
Hmm, really?
Because I may be putting that to the test one day soon --
me and thousands of others.
jonesy, I don't think you thought this through...what I mean is you may believe that ...
but to post that on a forum is a whole other thing! Shirina's right.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Dont listen to religion, they dont know God. Religion is a middleman.

Thats the attraction of spirituality. You find your own truth instead of someone spoonfeeding you, that someone has Never experienced God or they wouldn't be be feeding you a line. If they had experienced God they
would be guiding others to their own experience. Instead they position themself as self annointed gurus,
They are thieves.
Your God doesn't cause tornadoes however the God of those who hate gays causes tornadoes. 😀

That is the biggest problem for those who do not believe in God, there are just so many versions of it, that it is difficult to know what each person's God does or likes.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg

jonesy, I don't think you thought this through...what I mean is you may believe that ...
but to post that on a forum is a whole other thing! Shirina's right.
I dont need to reason through my own personal experience.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Your God doesn't cause tornadoes however the God of those who hate gays causes tornadoes. ��

That is the biggest problem for those who do not believe in God, there are just so many versions of it, that it is difficult to know what each person's God does or likes.
Its not a problem for me, i am not concerned with anyone elses concept of God. Its non of my business.

So maybe the biggest problem for an atheist contemplating a spiritual life is keeping their nose in their own affairs. Unless theyre (religions)trying to shove their version of god down your throat.

Each person finds the god of their own understanding, they dont owe anyone an explanation.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Its not a problem for me, i am not concerned with anyone elses concept of God. Its non of my business.

So maybe the biggest problem for an atheist contemplating a spiritual life is keeping their nose in their own affairs. Unless theyre (religions)trying to shove their version of god down your throat.

Each person finds the god of their own understanding, they dont owe anyone an explanation.
However you are willing to derail a conversation about a God to your concept of a God? If everyone finds a God of their own understanding then let's stop with the prayers at meetings, attempts to teach Creationism in school science, anti abortion or anti gay for religious reasons and the notion that you must believe in God to be moral.

It almost sounds like it is only atheists who should keep quiet.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:37 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality