Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 06:21 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Why are people starving and have no clean water in places?

Because corrupt governments.
Or just a crappy design. Trees eat the sun. Not a problem with an omnicreator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Seven billion people or not people are starving , have no clean water or homeless because of selfishness, and wealth which is ruled by demonic spirits of the world were people are puppets with this demons who care not to help ........ And then there is God over here will say ` What do you want me to do ``..........
Didn’t god have a food truck in the sky at one point in history?

Manna from heaven
Quote:
Manna (Hebrew: מָן‎ mān, Greek: μάννα; Arabic: المَنّ‎), sometimes or archaically spelled mana, is an edible substance which, according to the Bible and the Quran, God provided for the Israelites during their travels in the desert during the forty-year period following the Exodus and prior to the conquest of Canaan.
God just needs to fire up that loving heart it’s supposed to have and drop that manna.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
After the fall of man anything goes...the creation is no longer perfect.
Why did god create man after the fall of 1/3 of his angels?

Aren’t angels more perfect then humans?

Old 11-10-2018, 09:36 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Will you be adopting any unwanted children when you guys succeed in reversing RvW?
Why should they hafta do that?
People do a lot of "unwanted things" (work every day for decades, pay taxes constantly, etc)...making sure children you conceived (not by any criminal act) do not starve, have clean water, and are otherwise cared and provided for, can be added to the list of "unwanted" things that some must do to be responsible for their chosen actions.
A strong increase in the penalty for child abandonment and/or neglect would help to square this away.
We do not need to add onto the list of the "starving", children that are neglected by the Mothers that conceived them...regardless of the selfish, narcissistic attitude that some of them may have about it.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:51 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Why should they hafta do that?
People do a lot of "unwanted things" (work every day for decades, pay taxes constantly, etc)...making sure children you conceived (not by any criminal act) do not starve, have clean water, and are otherwise cared and provided for, can be added to the list of "unwanted" things that some must do to be responsible for their chosen actions.
A strong increase in the penalty for child abandonment and/or neglect would help to square this away.
We do not need to add onto the list of the "starving", children that are neglected by the Mothers that conceived them...regardless of the selfish, narcissistic attitude that some of them may have about it.
allow natural consequences to do their thing would be helpful too. If parents fail, it can affect generations. when parents sacrifice, it can help for generations.

I am not sure if 'stronger child abandonment" rules are the way to. separating child from parents, I just don't know. Sure, in some cases. But over all? I just just don't know. Back to natural consequences I go.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:46 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
This thread is hard for me. I recently felt guilt about ignoring a homeless man and tried to reconcile how we allow people to live like animals outside. How they are like a different species to most people.

Understanding other countries is easier for me in a way. They have corrupt governments. They were/are victims of other countries. I lean pretty heavily on the latter. I don't mean easier to 'take', I mean easier to understand how that is.

A Syrian man in an article said God left that place. A similar line was said in the movie 'Blood Diamond', but I don't believe God leaves anywhere except the hearts of people who do evil.

And then other people do 'evil' merely to survive. The man from Syria said starvation takes the mind before the body and the person (I won't get his wording right, but sort of close) and they can no longer recognize their brother as their brother or their God or anything.

I can't discuss leaving politics out. When/if a story like that man's is told in the MSM, it's against Assad only, leaving out the role 'we' (USG) play over there.

Most people would not agree with killing mass numbers of people over cheaper gas. Most people would rather their smartphones not come cheap via slavery, but on the backs and lives of others comes our 'way of life'.

God has nothing to do with it.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:54 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,853,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
God has nothing to do with it.
Your god could supply food just like he allegedly did for the Israelites. He could also remove the tyrants and dictators that make up the corrupt governments.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:11 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Your god could supply food just like he allegedly did for the Israelites. He could also remove the tyrants and dictators that make up the corrupt governments.
He gave us free will is all I have to go by on the God angle. It appears to be human nature to be greedy. The geo political games our leaders play to make sure we are prosperous, regardless of the means by which we are.

If we switched places, would they be any different?

Old 11-11-2018, 07:26 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,853,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
He gave us free will is all I have to go by on the God angle.
...and what about the free-will of those who are suffering? Do you think you are going to have free-will in this heaven that you think you are going to and if so, how will it be any different to how it is now, with people doing just what they like to harm others?
Quote:
It appears to be human nature to be greedy.
It doesn't matter what human nature is, your god could change it in an instant...

The free-will argument has long been debunked. There can be no free-will in the face of an omnimax deity and predestination.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Re the Isrealites being given food....they sure were a lucky bunch....ah, not , not that I can see....that was the bare minimum
if God really gave them anything at all, as the story goes!
They still don't seem very lucky.......I feel more 'chosen' , than most of what they have gone through!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality