Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2018, 08:49 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
A lot of it is s*** luck as to where you were born
Good point old cold...always dug your posts.
Though, considering that some actually hold BILLIONS of dollars (some tens of billions)...the resources exist, even by private individuals, to move the people to more habitable areas than a dense jungle, desert or greatly over populated area.
The ONLY real reason they are starving is not due to the action and/or inaction of some nonexistent metaphorical Deity character...but because people with more than they need (some with an incredible amount more than they need) hoard their abundance for themselves, and leave those that don't even have the minimum to survive in that condition, even though they could share their excess and help them out.
It is humankinds selfishness & greed and disregard for the plight of fellow humans that leaves anyone starving and/or with no clean water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 11:13 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Ha, I don't consider where I was born luck...it was a choice and my horrible father made the choice to BE my horrible father!! (to teach me).
I was shown that in the 'in-between place' where we hang out before we come back.

VERY high souls chose to come back in terrible situations...blind, poor, alcoholic parents....Down's Syndrome...you name it....they are strong, aware souls...knowing what they are doing....they know the bigger picture.
This is not a popular understanding...next up.. a photo of a starving child.
Still a much bigger picture going on...nothing is what it seems.
Are we also here to help those starving , yes....that's always the next question presented with animus.

Old 11-04-2018, 11:20 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, why don't we get to the bottom of this issue?

Get it all out...the spiritual ideas, the intellectual ideas.
The atheist ideas and the believer's ideas....cuz does anyone really know? I dunno.
We all might learn something and open to new thoughts!

"The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open."

Simple.

There is no god. That's why there's no rhyme or reason in life.

Nobody to blame. Nothing to feel guilty about. Nobody is being singled out or picked on.

It's just the ebb and flow of life. Simples.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Simple.

There is no god. That's why there's no rhyme or reason in life.

Nobody to blame. Nothing to feel guilty about. Nobody is being singled out or picked on.

It's just the ebb and flow of life. Simples.
No...not quite so Simples.
There IS a God: ALL THE ENERGY/MATTER THAT EXISTS AND HAS EXISTED (ALL/The Universe). It possess all the attributes known to define a God Entity...and, thus, merits the title "God".
Humans are part of that which comprises God. And are thus to "blame" and may feel "guilty" to whatever degree they feel it for not helping the starving to the reasonable degree they may be able.
Some have great ability to influence how "the ebb and flow of life" goes for the desperately less fortunate...and there is a "rhyme and reason" to how they handle that.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:06 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,425,642 times
I am not sure if it's true or not, but this is what I have read about why Africa has so much poverty:

Under colonialism, tribal warfare was abolished. That warfare used to stabilize the population.

Old 11-04-2018, 11:19 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I've never considered anyone else being in heaven,...
So you're going to be the only one there?

Old 11-04-2018, 11:28 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I am not sure if it's true or not, but this is what I have read about why Africa has so much poverty:

Under colonialism, tribal warfare was abolished. That warfare used to stabilize the population.
Don't be an idiot! There are many things that don't help, not least is the lack of rain. Regular rainfall would create a situation where agriculture would be possible. Regular rainfall is something that the loving, caring, omnimax deity you say exists, could very easily supply. Instead, it sits on its arse watching thousands die every day for the want of rain seemingly, only concerned with finding someone's keys or scoring a goal for the home team so that we can all grovel on our knees in thanks.

Old 11-04-2018, 11:34 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So you're going to be the only one there?
I guess so. As I stated before, I've never envisioned anyone else there ever since childhood. Perhaps the others are/will be in their own heaven or whatever.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:02 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,425,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Don't be an idiot! There are many things that don't help, not least is the lack of rain. Regular rainfall would create a situation where agriculture would be possible. Regular rainfall is something that the loving, caring, omnimax deity you say exists, could very easily supply. Instead, it sits on its arse watching thousands die every day for the want of rain seemingly, only concerned with finding someone's keys or scoring a goal for the home team so that we can all grovel on our knees in thanks.
Calling someone an idiot doesn't make you seem intelligent.

It is not the universe's job to make sure people get enough rain wherever they happen to decide to live, and no matter how over-populated they are. It wasn't nature's idea for us to try to make everything go our way.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:49 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Calling someone an idiot doesn't make you seem intelligent.

It is not the universe's job to make sure people get enough rain wherever they happen to decide to live, and no matter how over-populated they are. It wasn't nature's idea for us to try to make everything go our way.
Interestingly, it takes dust/dirt to make a raindrop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality