Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 04:02 AM

16,782 posts, read 4,986,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Who rings your doorbell? Your statement is ridiculous. Nobody gets their doorbell rung on Sunday. We are in church!
But people do open fire at Christmas markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's what I was thinking. Typical atheist fabrication.
Once again you declare a truth as a lie. That may be your MO, it is not ours.

Remember when you said you only attack extreme atheists?

Old 12-15-2018, 05:00 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't think many atheists on these forums are just people who simply have a sincere disbelief due to lack of evidence which would be reversed as soon as strong evidence emerges. .
I doubt if you're wrong about that since we're interested in factual truth.
Anybody seen or heard any convincing 'strong evidence' yet?

Old 12-15-2018, 05:08 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,485,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
This is funny that someone would dig back four years through 1000s of posts to make a point. You need to move out of your parents basement.
Click SEARCH.
Enter Mr5151 under User Name
Select THREADS
Select Religion and Spirituality forum
Click SEARCH NOW

It took me about as long as it took you to start the thread. You know, this thread? The one wherein you lied about never visiting the Aviation forum?

It must be upsetting to have no response to being shown to be dishonest, and to be outed as creating many dozens of threads specifically about atheists after pretending to be incredulous as to why an atheist would post about religion. I guess that's why you've resorted to accusing me of living in my parents' basement. I would suggest that if you don't want to be caught in lies and hypocrisy that the best recourse is to refrain from lies and hypocrisy. You, on the other hand, appear to think that "Oh, yeah? Well... you live in Mom's basement!" is a pithy rejoinder.

Spoiler
It's not. Just sayin'...

How embarrassing for you.

Now, let's try this again, Mr5150. Do you want to actually attempt to parse out why it's inexplicable that atheists post about religion while it's totally unremarkable that you have started thread after thread about atheism and atheists? Or perhaps you'd like to pause, show some honesty and perspective for once, and concede that, yes, it is perfectly normal for people who aren't a member of a particular group to have an interest in discussions about that group? Or maybe you'll again just serve up a puerile and flippant attack and hope no one notices that you're trying to mask that fact that you have absolutely nothing either intelligent or decent to say?

The latter is clearly your preferred style, but I'm willing to be surprised.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Click SEARCH.
Select THREADS
Click SEARCH NOW

It took me about as long as it took you to start the thread. You know, this thread? The one wherein you lied about never visiting the Aviation forum?

It must be upsetting to have no response to being shown to be dishonest, and to be outed as creating many dozens of threads specifically about atheists after pretending to be incredulous as to why an atheist would post about religion. I guess that's why you've resorted to accusing me of living in my parents' basement. I would suggest that if you don't want to be caught in lies and hypocrisy that the best recourse is to refrain from lies and hypocrisy. You, on the other hand, appear to think that "Oh, yeah? Well... you live in Mom's basement!" is a pithy rejoinder.

Spoiler
It's not. Just sayin'...

How embarrassing for you.

Now, let's try this again, Mr5150. Do you want to actually attempt to parse out why it's inexplicable that atheists post about religion while it's totally unremarkable that you have started thread after thread about atheism and atheists? Or perhaps you'd like to pause, show some honesty and perspective for once, and concede that, yes, it is perfectly normal for people who aren't a member of a particular group to have an interest in discussions about that group? Or maybe you'll again just serve up a puerile and flippant attack and hope no one notices that you're trying to mask that fact that you have absolutely nothing either intelligent or decent to say?

The latter is clearly your preferred style, but I'm willing to be surprised.
The willful dishonesty of posters like Mr5150, jeffie, BF and other fundies, besmirches all Christians.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:25 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:

It must be upsetting to have no response to being shown to be dishonest, and to be outed as creating many dozens of threads specifically about atheists after pretending to be incredulous as to why an atheist would post about religion. I guess that's why you've resorted to accusing me of living in my parents' basement. I would suggest that if you don't want to be caught in lies and hypocrisy that the best recourse is to refrain from lies and hypocrisy. You, on the other hand, appear to think that "Oh, yeah? Well... you live in Mom's basement!" is a pithy rejoinder. .
According to the Bible, lying is 2 of the 7 things God hates. I always find it oddly fascinating when a believer is caught lying. Like, you believe God is real and yet you casually go about doing the one thing He apparently hates more than all others?

Old 12-15-2018, 09:30 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
According to the Bible, lying is 2 of the 7 things God hates. I always find it oddly fascinating when a believer is caught lying. Like, you believe God is real and yet you casually go about doing the one thing He apparently hates more than all others?
The "lying" law you speak of from the Old Testament is actually more about giving false testimony in court, I believe.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:38 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:
Click SEARCH.
Select THREADS
Click SEARCH NOW

I think it’s funny that you used Mr5151 and then insulted me left and right! why are people so rude on this forum?

Actually I DO know why

Old 12-15-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Twice.

Proverbs 6:16-19 New International Version (NIV)

16 There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The "lying" law you speak of from the Old Testament is actually more about giving false testimony in court, I believe.
Proverbs 6:16-19 New International Version (NIV)

16 There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality