Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2019, 08:43 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He's here to point the finger at others. Which is why he straddles the fence and refuses to disclose his belief system.

If he was to muster the courage to do that, why -- someone might point a finger at him!!
Your just jealous because I'm not a know-it-all bitter-fossil like yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 08:48 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao ... this is a blatant dishonesty.
Well, it IS one of your posts.

Quote:
you basically made a foolish statement and when you were confronted on it you reworded my post to you and use it to reply to me.
Yet anyone can click on the little arrows and see I did no such thing.

Quote:
lmao harry.
So the phrase 'bottomless pit of nonsense' has two meanings.

Quote:
do you wanna compare our base claims to see what one is more valid ... oh wait, you don't use science to form a belief, you use a belief to form science.
You were correct, your post IS blatant dishonesty.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Your just jealous because I'm not a know-it-all bitter-fossil like yourself.
Your mask has slipped. People see the real you now.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:49 AM

1,305 posts, read 857,328 times
I have a request. This being Easter Sunday, can we at least be kind to one another? Reading through the last couple of days' posts on here, I have been very saddened by how unkindly posters treat one another. I'm not god and I can't insist that you all behave, but seriously, can we keep the discussion respectful? Atheists will continue to not believe and put up science and logic to prove their point. Believers will point to their internal beliefs and faith. Perhaps nary the twain shall meet. I would ask that you not frame your arguments as win/lose. There are no winners or losers, just different ways of interacting with the world. I, for one, do not believe that faith is something that will ever be "provable". it exists or does not exist within each individual. I am very sorry for the posters who were exposed to religion, especially Christianity that did not have love, forgiveness, acceptance or kindness as its basic tenets. Anyway, we can agree to disagree, but, especially on this day, can the Christians at least remember that Jesus would have us love one another? End of lecture.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your mask has slipped. People see the real you now.
Careful before someone throws another banana peel on the floor.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:53 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I have a request. This being Easter Sunday, can we at least be kind to one another? Reading through the last couple of days' posts on here, I have been very saddened by how unkindly posters treat one another. I'm not god and I can't insist that you all behave, but seriously, can we keep the discussion respectful? Atheists will continue to not believe and put up science and logic to prove their point. Believers will point to their internal beliefs and faith. Perhaps nary the twain shall meet. I would ask that you not frame your arguments as win/lose. There are no winners or losers, just different ways of interacting with the world. I, for one, do not believe that faith is something that will ever be "provable". it exists or does not exist within each individual. I am very sorry for the posters who were exposed to religion, especially Christianity that did not have love, forgiveness, acceptance or kindness as its basic tenets. Anyway, we can agree to disagree, but, especially on this day, can the Christians at least remember that Jesus would have us love one another? End of lecture.
Being a Christian festival, perhaps "a man reaps what he sows" is appropriate.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:56 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Do you understand that for most of the planet Easter Sunday is just another Sunday?

R&S is more of a free-for-all sub-forum in which only some participants are Christians. I'm quite certain there's a "Happy Easter" thread of some sort in Christianity and probably more positive vibes happening over there.

But I do indeed wish you and yours a happy Easter.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
If you agree to disagree you remove the opportunity of getting on a soapbox and claiming victimhood every day. The victimhood is why they have to be here. Well, that and ego strokes.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Being a Christian festival, perhaps "a man reaps what he sows" is appropriate.
Thank you. It is my belief, as a Christian, that it is up to Christians to model the behavior that Jesus taught. Let's sow love, here and elsewhere.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
If you agree to disagree you remove the opportunity of getting on a soapbox and claiming victimhood everyday. The victimhood is why they have be here.
I do not even know which side you are referring to.....but I would ask, if you are representing Christianity, you remember what Christianity is all about and present your arguments lovingly, not unkindly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality