Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:36 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times

Advertisements

Yes God is using visions with the Muslims. It works very well to convert them. Some have visions of angels other visions of Jesus.

I am going to listen to one Iranian woman speak about her conversion in a couple of weeks. This Iranian woman knows of many such visions other than herself, her husband and her father.

My family has a close Iranian who is a friend that has converted to Christianity and several aquaintances.

God is going to totally change the country of Iran within the next few years. I believe that the Muslim population will go down and the Christian population will go up. Right now most of the Christian Iranians are not public with their belief because it means death. But there are high officials I know who have converted and it is just a matter of time until there are enough that they will feel confident expressing their faith in Christ.

Continue pray for Iran because God is doing a good work and many people will be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 11:03 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times
As a Christian, this goes to the question, is our gift of faith merely infused by God, or is it ( as I believe ) a response.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:58 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Yes God is using visions with the Muslims. It works very well to convert them. Some have visions of angels other visions of Jesus.

I am going to listen to one Iranian woman speak about her conversion in a couple of weeks. This Iranian woman knows of many such visions other than herself, her husband and her father.

My family has a close Iranian who is a friend that has converted to Christianity and several aquaintances.

God is going to totally change the country of Iran within the next few years. I believe that the Muslim population will go down and the Christian population will go up. Right now most of the Christian Iranians are not public with their belief because it means death. But there are high officials I know who have converted and it is just a matter of time until there are enough that they will feel confident expressing their faith in Christ.

Continue pray for Iran because God is doing a good work and many people will be saved.
Youve sort of dodged the entire point of Troops thread. If god is sending visions to the muslims then why doesn´t he go for the big influential ones as well as the commoners. Seems to me like she is holding off just to see the mayhem that Bin Laden can cause

Old 04-11-2008, 04:44 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Well I think if you follow this religious end times business we've got to have a battle between the good guys and the bad guys at some point so we can't start converting some of the really bad guys into Christians now can we? Personally I believe that Jesus can't show himself to Osama Bin Laden or anyone else for that matter because he's been dead for two thousand years. I think he existed as a man but I don't believe he rose from the dead which of course is central to the Christian religion. I'll say this about people converting to Christianity in places like Iran though. They are truly brave people because they're literally risking their lives. You've really got to feel strongly about something to go against the rigid social and political forces that exist in the Middle East.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:18 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
There seem to be several threads where there is mention that Muslims are having visions of Jesus and converting to Christianity. My question is why doesn't Jesus show himself to Osama Bin Laden? After all, if there were a single Muslim that would probably be worth showing himself to I would imagine it would be Osama. Not only that, but since Osama is a Muslim it leaves little doubt in my mind that he does believe in Jesus just not as a son of god. It doesn't seem like it'd be a far cry for Jesus to show up in a dream or something of that nature and tell Osama to stop being such a terrorist and that he needs to convert to Christianity. Instead, it seems just random people are apparently having visions of Christ and converting. I guess it seems like there is a mix-up in priorities.

After all, since Osama still has a lot of influence with his ideology in the Middle East, doesn't it seem like him making a conversion would influence many other Muslims to make the same leap as well? Just a thought.
It's not radom people that Jesus appears to, but people who have been searching for the real God. Those are the one's Jesus is appearing to. I doubt Osama has been searching for God in the same way as those people. God does not spin the bottle to see who He will appear to next. God can and does see seeking hearts, and He is open to such. Osama follows a fales God that tells Him to spread the faith by murdering innocent people. He is an evil man that worships and evil God. Because only an evil God could promote the killing of the innocent.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:05 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It's not radom people that Jesus appears to, but people who have been searching for the real God. Those are the one's Jesus is appearing to. I doubt Osama has been searching for God in the same way as those people. God does not spin the bottle to see who He will appear to next. God can and does see seeking hearts, and He is open to such. Osama follows a fales God that tells Him to spread the faith by murdering innocent people. He is an evil man that worships and evil God. Because only an evil God could promote the killing of the innocent.
That sounds a little contradictory, for how can you SPREAD the religion if you're killing everyone?

An evil God, you say? Go amuse yourself by reading the Old Testament.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
That sounds a little contradictory, for how can you SPREAD the religion if you're killing everyone?

An evil God, you say? Go amuse yourself by reading the Old Testament.
Do yourself a favor and read a little history, some Muslims believe in spreading the faith by the sword. They would kill off non believers and replace them with Muslim believers, who would then raise their familes on land where Christian use to live. Soon, you would have towns populated with only Muslim famlies, because the Christians were all killed off. Before the Crusades began, Muslims killed off half of the Christians in the Middle East, and burned down 3,000 of their churches. That's how they SPREAD their religion. Muslims would not kill everyone, only the one's that did not believe as they did. In many places in the world today this same activity is still happening. They will come here and tell you how their Holy Text does not allow this to happen, but I can tell you, this kind of thing is happening all over the world. And this is what happened to the 3,000 that died in the World Trade Center. It was Muslims punishing the Great Satan, America.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:41 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Do yourself a favor and read a little history, some Muslims believe in spreading the faith by the sword. They would kill off non believers and replace them with Muslim believers, who would then raise their familes on land where Christian use to live. Soon, you would have towns populated with only Muslim famlies, because the Christians were all killed off. Before the Crusades began, Muslims killed off half of the Christians in the Middle East, and burned down 3,000 of their churches. That's how they SPREAD their religion. Muslims would not kill everyone, only the one's that did not believe as they did. In many places in the world today this same activity is still happening. They will come here and tell you how their Holy Text does not allow this to happen, but I can tell you, this kind of thing is happening all over the world. And this is what happened to the 3,000 that died in the World Trade Center. It was Muslims punishing the Great Satan, America.
Because, you know, Christians have NEVER killed off people and then took their land for other Christians. That doesn't sound like American Colonization at ALL.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who could use on some historical reading, eh?

Old 04-12-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Because, you know, Christians have NEVER killed off people and then took their land for other Christians. That doesn't sound like American Colonization at ALL.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who could use on some historical reading, eh?
I don't recall Christians killing in the name of Christ as Moslems have and still do. I don't recall Christians strapping bombs on their bodies and seeing how many Jews they can kill so they will earn their way to heaven. Could you refresh my memory?

Old 04-12-2008, 04:37 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
I don't recall Christians killing in the name of Christ as Moslems have and still do. I don't recall Christians strapping bombs on their bodies and seeing how many Jews they can kill so they will earn their way to heaven. Could you refresh my memory?
I have two word for you: Spanish Inquisition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality