Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 02:19 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting sometimes how certain cultures have their sense of humors, we Native Americans have a sense a humor that we understand and those who are not native American don't understand it and think were being hard on one another when in actuality it's a bit of respect, I also have an Irish side of me which also has an unusual sense of humor, I'm reminded of one of my Irish friends who asked me if I knew what Irish diplomacy was, not knowing, he proceeded to tell me, That Irish diplomacy was the ability to be able to tell somebody to go to hell and them looking forward to the trip....... now that's Irish humor...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 02:30 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Among my family and friends, if I do NOT tease them just a bit they begin to wonder if I'm angry with them.
It is funny. My ex-wife is white and I suppose I didn't warn her how things were before I took her to Oklahoma to meet my friends and family the first time. She thought we were really mean to each other. I finally explained that among Comanches, if you are not being terrorized, it means they either don't know you, don't know you very well or they don't like you. They never terrorized her....hehe.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
It is funny. My ex-wife is white and I suppose I didn't warn her how things were before I took her to Oklahoma to meet my friends and family the first time. She thought we were really mean to each other. I finally explained that among Comanches, if you are not being terrorized, it means they either don't know you, don't know you very well or they don't like you. They never terrorized her....hehe.

Must be why she's an ex-....... I had one of them once too.....

Old 10-25-2010, 06:45 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,147,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
She hasn't been around a bunch of hillbillies has she, they're the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Must be why she's an ex-....... I had one of them once too.....
And I have two myself, one up on ya there PT , and now that I got rid of those two doorknobs, it's nice and relaxing around here.

PEACE

Old 10-25-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post

And I have two myself, one up on ya there PT , and now that I got rid of those two doorknobs, it's nice and relaxing around here.

PEACE

Your other half away visiting somewhere, cause if she reads this your going to have some knots on your head.....

I'll be gone for the next 12 days and like brother Goodpasture I'll be traveling east for family business and a few obligations that have to be taken care of, I should be back after November 7 and will see y'all then.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:22 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
Your other half away visiting somewhere, cause if she reads this your going to have some knots on your head.....

I'll be gone for the next 12 days and like brother Goodpasture I'll be traveling east for family business and a few obligations that have to be taken care of, I should be back after November 7 and will see y'all then.
good travels to you.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:35 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Hope you are feeling better in the morning Jaada. Get a good night's rest!
thank you mtneer -i am feeling better than i was last night.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:54 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,861,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Hey watch it now! I'm hillbilly and NDN!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,861,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
thank you mtneer -i am feeling better than i was last night.

Good to hear Jaada! Be sure and get your rest - it does wonders. I need to take my own advice too as I'm feeling a little sketchy tonight. Not sure what is wrong, but I didn't sleep well the past two nights either.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,513,685 times
Quote:
... Irish diplomacy was the ability to be able to tell somebody to go to hell and them looking forward to the trip....... now that's Irish humor...
How about this 'un?

QUESTION: Why did God invent alcohol?

ANSWER: To keep the Irish and the NDNs from ruling the world...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality