Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 02:52 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, we will not all end up in the same place. I don't want anyone to burn or anything like that, but one life time is enough of some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 02:52 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since we can NOT measure the energy of our consciousness, how can we know that something exists that can transform the energy of our consciousness to something else? If there is nothing that can do that, our consciousness can NOT be transformed like the rest of the energy that makes up our physical body so it will continue to exist after our physical death.
Can you show any indication that consciousness consists of energy?

Old 07-17-2020, 02:54 PM

127 posts, read 43,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I rejoice with the fact that when I turn into wormfood, I will be giving back to other living entities that live on this earth, and in part repaying what I took from it during my lifespan.

How cool is that?

On the other hand, I won't know nothing about it, as it will be just like before I was born.... nothing.
This is kinda funny, but it's your belief anyway. If I should ask, did you emanate from wormwood?

Old 07-17-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
The body is mortal, but the soul is immortal.
So the answer is yes, there is definitely an afterlife.
Yeah is the hope of many, but has not been shown by anyone.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:05 PM

127 posts, read 43,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I don't know if there is an afterlife however I know I will not spend the rest of my life pretending to know the answer or pretending to believe in a religion that believes in the afterlife.

Jadyclem, are you aware of the Randi prize an prize of a million dollars to anyone who could prove the supernatural and so far no one has suceeded.

As far as your questions go what if there is a God and afterlife consists for only those who believe in that God and he is not the God of Abraham?
Have you ever seen air before? But does air exist? Before the invention of microscope, nobody would have believed that bacteria exist. Science can only prove what is seen and felt. This is why the concept of faith will forever remain a mystery to most of the people of the world. Faith is the only proof of the supernatural. And to be sincere, I've really seen spiritual forces in operation and they are very real. Science is limited is some aspects of life so we should never use it as justification to disapprove anything because it can't be proven by science.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadyclem View Post
This is kinda funny, but it's your belief anyway. If I should ask, did you emanate from wormwood?
No, I emanated out of the ejaculate of the sperm donor, which fertilized the egg in my mother. There was no "before life" so why does anyone think there is an "afterlife".

My children have instructions that I will no be pumped full of poisons that embalm people, nor contribute to global warming by burning me. Take me as I am, put me in the ground, plant a tree I can feed, let the bugs and slugs (and worms) do their job on me, and allow me to be part of the cycle of life that gives back after all the taking it did for decades.

Maybe the tree will bear fruit a human can eat. Maybe part of me will turn into soil, and eventually rock, and when our sun burns up the earth, and eventually dies, my atoms will be spread out into the universe, to become a new star, a new planet, and perhaps, a new life.

But I won't know about it. Nor will anyone else.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:23 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Can you show any indication that consciousness consists of energy?
The best science to date sees EVERYTHING that manifests within our Reality as some form of energy/mass/momentum within a field. Our consciousness clearly manifests within our Reality and acts upon it despite the fact that we can NOT measure it directly - only through its effects.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:23 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Have you ever seen air before? But does air exist? Before the invention of microscope, nobody would have believed that bacteria exist. Science can only prove what is seen and felt. This is why the concept of faith will forever remain a mystery to most of the people of the world. Faith is the only proof of the supernatural. And to be sincere, I've really seen spiritual forces in operation and they are very real. Science is limited is some aspects of life so we should never use it as justification to disapprove anything because it can't be proven by science.
Is there anything you can't believe based on faith? Can you believe that one race is superior , that reptiles are posing as leaders, that God wanted you to crash airplanes into buildings, that the covid 19 does not exist all based on faith? Or any religion is right and all others are false or that all others need to be eliminated all based on faith. Centuries of witch trials or pogroms of Jews were all based on faith that it was acceptable to do such.

We can measure air. Science does not prove anything, 0 roofs are in math and religions. Stating you believe something on faith is totally fine with me as long as you are willing to be questioned about why you believe just on faith or are willing to accept others can believe in the exact opposite based on faith or that an tone can refuse to believe in something based upon your faith. Faith is not proof of anything other than you believe something to be true. You cannot prove that an afterlife based upon your faith. I don't think you understand how science works or what proving or disproving means in it.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:25 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
If the concept does not apply to you, why the hostile attitude?

Old 07-17-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Air can be measured and diagnosed as to it's constituents.

Mark Twain said it best, "Faith is believen' what you know ain't true". Why is your default that if science doesn't know about something that a god critter needs to be involved. Or a leprechaun. Or a faerie? Or anything supernatural??

And you are very wrong that science theory only applies to things that are seen or felt. Physics and cosmology often have an implied knowledge of phenomena. As example, before black holes were discovered, they were known to exist.

Before we get off the wrong foot, do you fully understand what a scientific theory is and really means? Most lay people, and especially the religious, have a very false understanding. Please advise what your understanding of the word "Theory" is.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality