Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 10:14 AM

63,966 posts, read 40,253,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Why is it that roughly 93% of your posting content is usually some kind of comment about how you are winning your arguments?
He seems to believe that if he says it often enough it will somehow become true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 11:21 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,819,390 times
Quote:
Why is it that roughly 93% of your posting content is usually some kind of comment about how you are winning your arguments?
Now that's an interesting question. I think (off the top of my head) that it may be to try to get it into the heads of the religious posters that trying the same old tricks and ploys will not get them anywhere. In fact they will lose them points rather than win them.

What I'd prefer is some mutual understanding and progress, because we are Not atually at odds as much as we need to be - unless Christian domination of US society, education and politics is what you -all want.

You would have to accept that the Bible is not reliable, science does not support a god and Christianity is no more belivable than any other religion.

And we atheists would accept that you Christians, etc. are entitled to believe what you want and indeed teach it to your kids and that cultural Christianity is of value.

You would accept that Faith is...faith and you would not have to lie and twist to pretend that it was anything else, and we would have nothing to quarrel about.

That's the way it is in the UK - and Europe, so far as I know and only in the US (of the Western nations) is anti -atheism locked into the national psyche. So much so, it sees, that even some deconverts to irreligion cannot drop anti -atheism.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:45 PM

51,011 posts, read 24,518,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You walked right into the trap without even looking. I could see that coming and I debunked that argument beforehand. So the only person whose credibility is trashed by that post is yours.

Milk or plain?
I don't remember your living history, but I learned something long ago -- sometimes it's the outsider that has a better perspective on some things than the insider.

Old 08-29-2020, 06:44 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,900,789 times
The fact that someone would even try to use a term like "anti-atheism" says that they are not winning. The term almost sounds like satire.

Old 08-29-2020, 11:33 PM

16,827 posts, read 5,030,032 times
Quote:
The fact that someone would even try to use a term like "anti-atheism" says that they are not winning. The term almost sounds like satire.
That anti-atheists do exist is irrelevant to whether we are winning or not. Your conclusion does not follow your premise. Can you name the fallacy you used?

Old 08-30-2020, 05:15 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,628,109 times
Quote:
In a real way, one component to trans is he is convincing himself of his beliefs. That and I really think he is paid to post here.

He clearly sees where his logic supporting his statement of belief about is flawed.

Old 08-30-2020, 05:17 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,628,109 times
Quote:
I would say there are anti-atheist. many have serous executive function disconnects. Just like anti-godfaithers.

basically they both have behaviors consistent with 11 - 14 year old brains.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:39 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,819,390 times
Quote:
How you try to make a term (coined only because of the 'anti -theist ploy plus a phenomenon that is only too evident)look to confirm your own bias is irrelevant to me.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:29 AM

63,966 posts, read 40,253,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I would say there are anti-atheist. many have serous executive function disconnects. Just like anti-godfaithers.

basically they both have behaviors consistent with 11 - 14 year old brains.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:40 AM

29,566 posts, read 9,780,738 times
Quote:
What this forum needs is a list of winning terms!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality