Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 09:55 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,410,178 times

Advertisements

The number of Americans who believe in*intelligent alien life is now about the same as the number who believe in God*— and*Diana Pasulka doesn’t think that’s a coincidence.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/profes...place-religion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 11:35 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,764,691 times
I wonder whether that's because Belief in Alien saucer pilots (which isn't the same as crediting alien life Somewhere) is increasing to religion -levels or whether religious belief is decreasing to Saucer -belief levels?

In fact Ufo-cults/religion is not that new. Back in the 60's the 'Space brothers' became quite a little cult, but that vanished when the Blonde Venusians lost out when the Greys (laregely thanks to Spielberg) because the alien Norm.

Alien salvation will not (I guess) be likely to become a dominant religion. The fact is - they are aliens and secret government control is more likely to become a 'Belief' than 'they are here to save us'.

And of course the same problem arises with a secretive God. f aliens want to save the world, first thing to do is go public and tell us how.

Given that people are awfully good at latching on to some cockamamie fad that they think makes them Special and closing ears, eyes and mind to anything else, I don't see a UFO religion really taking over.

Old 08-29-2020, 04:34 PM

19,069 posts, read 27,648,953 times
Isn't that Scientology?

I believe, when feces will go real sour, Justice League will come from their cloaked space station and take care of everything. With help of Suicide Squad and Boyz. Not sure to which music though. I think, Ramstein will be good choice.

Old 08-29-2020, 04:48 PM

43,189 posts, read 18,342,538 times
The human race could have been an experiment created by beings not of this world.
Not much different than people believing that a being not of this world created us (God).

Can't prove either of them so both beliefs can exist.

Old 08-30-2020, 05:32 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,601,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The human race could have been an experiment created by beings not of this world.
Not much different than people believing that a being not of this world created us (God).

Can't prove either of them so both beliefs can exist.
actually, on the reliability list, I put aliens above above Muslim, Jewish, or christian deity.

aliens offer a real mechanism. A mechanism, or how it was "done", makes a claim more/less reliable.

withholding a judgment due to waiting more on science would mean we wouldn't be bashing either side into submission with our "default beliefs" based on true clarity, logic, and reason.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Isn't that Scientology?

I believe, when feces will go real sour, Justice League will come from their cloaked space station and take care of everything. With help of Suicide Squad and Boyz. Not sure to which music though. I think, Ramstein will be good choice.
Not quite a UFO cult, but definitely derived from Sci Fi and involving aliens. I suspet that most people suppose that it is a god -believing religion but it is mix of psychiatry represented as alien possession recast as a religion to avoid the Law and taxes.

UFO cults definitely involve flying saucers and contactees. There is a whole range of relation to religion from pseudo -science through cult (from conspiracy to quasi -religious) to basically religious - even Christian -using UFO material rather than miracle -claims.

Cult think and Theist -think are two sides of the same coin.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:37 AM

19,069 posts, read 27,648,953 times
Agreed.
Whatever distracts flail minds from reality and the Truth. Give them any mental chew gum to chew on, and they will follow.

By the way, Trans, did you ever read Hubbard's SciFi? He was Orvellian in some of his works. Particularly, in regards to one Rockefeller and spread of "undetermined gender" folk. Smart guy. I think, he played a major prank on human minds, creating Scientology, as another SciFi tale - and it caught into reality. Happens.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:47 AM

"....falil minds..." we have a few of those, here.

I never read his Sci -Fi, but I heard that it provided a lot of basis for his pseudo-psychiatry scam, turned later on into a religion to enable any criticism to be defected with the 'Respect' card.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
I was recently turned on to a book by Linda M Howe, 'Glimpses of other realities'...some of the information in this book has changed my opinion on this topic, its a very good book with information not found anywhere else.

These things people see in the skies and refer to as UFOs and aliens...they are not extraterrestrial visitors...they are whats known as 'Non human entities' (NHEs), there is actually a lot of information known about these beings as well, the Catholic church and world govts are aware of this too, (this is mainly the reason for the extreme levels of secrecy).

If you really want to go down a deep and dark rabbit hole...do some googling about the 'Collins Elite' group within the US govt.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:42 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,410,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was recently turned on to a book by Linda M Howe, 'Glimpses of other realities'...some of the information in this book has changed my opinion on this topic, its a very good book with information not found anywhere else.

These things people see in the skies and refer to as UFOs and aliens...they are not extraterrestrial visitors...they are whats known as 'Non human entities' (NHEs), there is actually a lot of information known about these beings as well, the Catholic church and world govts are aware of this too, (this is mainly the reason for the extreme levels of secrecy).

If you really want to go down a deep and dark rabbit hole...do some googling about the 'Collins Elite' group within the US govt.
I doubt the gov't is involved. If they were documents would have already shown info about these secret programs through Wikileaks and through all the classified info Edward Snowden had access to. In an interview Snowden said if there were any secret alien programs out there he would have had access to that info and would have found it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality