Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 10:16 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGreyFalconxx View Post

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony

"Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints"
O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to obtain for me (request). O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.

Catholics are not praying to Mary or any of the Saints. Catholics are asking them to pray for us.

Here is an example,

GreyFalcon,

You seem to be a man of faith, one who goes before God on a regular basis in prayer and petition. Please, I implore you, I am struggling with many issues in my life that I do not need to elaborate with you, your God and mine knows my heart, He knows my struggles. If you would please remember me in your prayers and ask God to have mercy on me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Amen (I believe)

Peace be with you...

<>< weather...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 10:19 AM

109 posts, read 469,781 times
xxGreyFalconxx, you obviously have no intent on hearing the opinions of others. weatherologist, and myself are not saying "if you are not Catholic then you are wrong." We are clearing up the misconceptions of Catholic practice. Let me ask you some questions...
How was the Bible formed?
What does the word Catholic mean?
"Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them." Who caused division?

Old 05-03-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Eph 4:3 Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Rom 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Now if yours is mine then why do you teach things that are contrary to Scriptures?
I do not teach. I seek to understand. Again, do you worship in a building and is there a name attached to that building?

Who, here, is being deceptive? I have been open and honest with my faith and my beliefs.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:23 AM

224 posts, read 414,593 times
1Pe 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Zion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Why would I need anyone to intercede for me when I pray to God through Jesus???

Old 05-03-2008, 10:26 AM

109 posts, read 469,781 times
"Why would I need anyone to intercede for me when I pray to God through Jesus???" Clearly your interpretation of scripture is off. Jesus is God, that is a universal Christian belief.

" Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." That passage is portraying the idea that Jews (or anyone), who do not believe in the divinity of Jesus are incapable of reaching heaven.

Can you answer my questions?

"Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them." Who caused division?

Old 05-03-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Why would I need anyone to intercede for me when I pray to God through Jesus???
You do not NEED anyone to intercede for you. But isn't it nice that we have others who will? Have you been to the "Prayer Requests" thread. One of my favorite thread on the forum. Go there everyday, usually first thing. It is wonderful to know that others are praying for me. I will pray for you.

<>< weather...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:42 AM

389 posts, read 1,986,746 times
im a catholic and i pray directly to GOD the father, ever since i was taught how to pray. i never pray to saints... however mother mary is for me the next best mediator for your prayers as she is the mother of God and if you will remember Jesus, first miracle?? HE does not want to at first HE said the time is not right or something... but who ultimately persuade Jesus to do his first miracle? HIS mother, Mary. i rest my case.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by histmaj View Post
"Why would I need anyone to intercede for me when I pray to God through Jesus???" Clearly your interpretation of scripture is off. Jesus is God, that is a universal Christian belief.

" Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." That passage is portraying the idea that Jews (or anyone), who do not believe in the divinity of Jesus are incapable of reaching heaven.

Can you answer my questions?

Jesus is a part of God.....Yes just as the Holy Spirit is as well.

But let me ask you this are they not individuals?

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Three separate things that are the same.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
You do not NEED anyone to intercede for you. But isn't it nice that we have others who will? Have you been to the "Prayer Requests" thread. One of my favorite thread on the forum. Go there everyday, usually first thing. It is wonderful to know that others are praying for me. I will pray for you.

<>< weather...

Hmmmmmmmm

Since when can the dead pray for the living?

Old 05-03-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
im a catholic and i pray directly to GOD the father, ever since i was taught how to pray. i never pray to saints... however mother mary is for me the next best mediator for your prayers as she is the mother of God and if you will remember Jesus, first miracle?? HE does not want to at first HE said the time is not right or something... but who ultimately persuade Jesus to do his first miracle? HIS mother, Mary. i rest my case.
Rest your case????????

That makes as much since at **** on a boar hog.

Mother of God???????

She was the human that happened to be chosen.

She is not, nor ever has been, nor ever shall be divine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality