Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:16 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jack View Post
if u used the word hell do you believe in hell
Well, why not? It's every bit as likely (or unlikely) that Hell exists, as Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 07:18 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
no, I can't. But my point was not what you seem to have thought, I started this thread because I believe that God was made by men, and not the other way around.
Actually what this question is,is the glass is half empty while others say the glass is half full!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:50 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,699,993 times
The question goes both ways. And no I don't agree with it. We believe what we choose to believe. I haven't "seen" the Loch Ness Monster, either, but I'm more likely to beleive those exist than some cosmic alien created tiny planets and never making another appearance and letting some old shephards in a desert take a message for him (The Bible).

Old 02-19-2009, 10:37 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
There's an easter bunny, tooth fairy, tinkerbelle, santa claus. Can't prove there is not, can you?
Don't forget Bigfoot, Nessie the Loch Ness Monster, The Abominable Snowman, Aliens at Area 51 or a giant Monolith in space...
All are about as realistic as "god". All are just as "proven".

Old 02-19-2009, 01:09 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Don't forget Bigfoot, Nessie the Loch Ness Monster, The Abominable Snowman, Aliens at Area 51 or a giant Monolith in space...
I guess you can be excused for this, but as a resident of San Diego you may not have heard of the "Jersey Devil," who also belongs on the list. And I could be mistaken, but I think that Santa Claus has come under some question, too.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:22 PM

205 posts, read 374,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Well, why not? It's every bit as likely (or unlikely) that Hell exists, as Heaven.
do you believe that or you dont ,,,and2 faced thought is unstable in all your thoughts

Old 02-19-2009, 03:19 PM

63,804 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
There's an easter bunny, tooth fairy, tinkerbelle, santa claus. Can't prove there is not, can you?
Quote:

. . . you may not have heard of the "Jersey Devil," who also belongs on the list. And I could be mistaken, but I think that Santa Claus has come under some question, too.
It may be insufficient to remove attributions in an attempt to avoid insulting specific persons . . . but c'est la vie. I consider it a sign of supreme ignorance rivaling that of fanatic fundamentalists when fanatic atheists do not distinguish at all amongst various unproven or unprovable "fantasies " . . . such "black and white" categorizations (especially about God) speak of a complete lack of discernment. Just saying.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:29 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
It's nonsense. The belief in god has as much credible evidence as does invisible gnomes, yet god conveniently gets a free pass from having to provide evidence for their existence. Someone also can't prove that invisible toads don't exist, that doesn't mean they do. The god concept is no different, the faithful just want to exempt their imaginary friend from having to provide evidence and put the onus on the atheist. The only reason they do so is because they have no decent arguments and no valid evidence that even remotely proves it exists, so they try to move the burden of proof onto the atheist.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 PM

63,804 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
It's nonsense. The belief in god has as much credible evidence as does invisible gnomes, yet god conveniently gets a free pass from having to provide evidence for their existence. Someone also can't prove that invisible toads don't exist, that doesn't mean they do. The god concept is no different, the faithful just want to exempt their imaginary friend from having to provide evidence and put the onus on the atheist. The only reason they do so is because they have no decent arguments and no valid evidence that even remotely proves it exists, so they try to move the burden of proof onto the atheist.
QED. You believe in the God Nature . . . our scientific accomplishments providing information about it doesn't make it any less a God to us puny creatures reliant on it for our very existence and sustenance.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:30 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
QED. You believe in the God Nature . . . our scientific accomplishments providing information about it doesn't make it any less a God to us puny creatures reliant on it for our very existence and sustenance.
There's no evidence that nature is a god, all you're doing is changing the word nature to god, that doesn't prove there is a god, it just means you're making an unverifiable opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality