Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:54 AM

553 posts, read 568,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yes I did show that Alexander had the help of many nations, And no, I did not refuse to acknowledge that Nebuchadnezzar had help. I did not find anything in the historical account to suggest this, nor would it of mattered if he had. Yet I would not add anything to the historical account unless I can see it myself in print as I did with Alexander. And as I stated before, even if Nebuchadnezzar had the help of many nations this would not of changed the prophecy, because the prophecy simply states that it would be both Nebuchadnezzar, and many nations that would bring Tyre down.
Ok my friend. Semantics are a helluva thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 09:09 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yes I did show that Alexander had the help of many nations, And no, I did not refuse to acknowledge that Nebuchadnezzar had help. I did not find anything in the historical account to suggest this, nor would it of mattered if he had. Yet I would not add anything to the historical account unless I can see it myself in print as I did with Alexander. And as I stated before, even if Nebuchadnezzar had the help of many nations this would not of changed the prophecy, because the prophecy simply states that it would be both Nebuchadnezzar, and many nations that would bring Tyre down.
I guess you had better let someone know on that the Sunday school site that I posted that their teachings are wrong. I have news for you...Just because you see it in print doesn't mean it's fact.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:26 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess you had better let someone know on that the Sunday school site that I posted that their teachings are wrong. I have news for you...Just because you see it in print doesn't mean it's fact.
Well I'm not sure they were wrong, because all that was stated was that Tyre was abandoned by the Crusaders. That may of been the case, yet the Moslems still killed off the cities remaining population, and destroyed the city. Which part of the teaching do you believe they were in error on?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 812 times
Whether its evangelical christians or other christians it doesnt matter. Its what the bible says. I beleive in the bible and it teaches the rapture and the second coming. The rapture is a fact of the bible and so is the second coming. What is disputed is at what point in the tribulation the rapture will occur. The majority believes it will happen before the 7 year trib. Either way this is what will happen. We are all free to choose what we believe...but remember not all beliefs are true. You can choose to reject the free gift of love that God gave but there are also consequences and rewards for our choices. Please search your heart and be honest with yourself. Ask God to show you the Truth. My prayers are with you.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 762 times
Default Our time is not Gods time

Jesus IS coming soon - hallelujah!
The signs are around us, and we just have to be ready. The bible says so.
As a christian in these last days, I believe that brotherly love, repentence and faith together with daily prayer,studying and meditating on his word, are the most important part in our walk with Christ, as well as christian fellowship. He is the living word. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. God and his word (The Bible) DO NOT change. The problem lies with man, he has changed, become modern, and tries to change God (modernise Him), thus more sin in this world today than ever before, even in the church itself.
Through the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ, and us receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit whom is our Comforter and Teacher, we are able, through Gods Love, strength and power, to cope in these end days until we are called home. Jesus said 'As in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end times'. Until then brothers, sisters, I'm doing Gods will, going to live in his love, love and serve him with all my heart, and love and serve my neighbour, my brethren, I want to be pure in heart for Jesus, free from all sin, that is what he died for at calvary, to give us that chance and set us free forever. Life if you think about it is short. I'd rather give up all the worldly things of this life now, for an eternity with Jesus. A church can not save you, however we gain christian growth, correction and fellowship by attending church. Repentence, believing Jesus as Gods only begotten Son having died for your sins and being resurrected, accepting Him as your PERSONAL saviour and being baptised in His Name, is what saves you and denying yourself and taking your cross up daily to follow him. For greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.
Come soon Lord Jesus. Blessed be the Lamb of God. The Alpha and Omega. King of Kings, Lord of Lords.
To all my dearest brethren who read this, I pray God will Bless you all richly with His AMAZING LOVE and GRACE. God is truly Wonderful.
Amen.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,660 times
Anyone who believes that every Jew on earth is going to return to Israel is smoking some powerful mojo.

Ain't gonna happen.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
I don't think he ever said he did not believe Jesus isn't returning.

Also, it might be exciting for you but your joy is death to lots of Jews if some biblical prophesy experts are accurate.
The Jewish nation is going to turn their hearts to Jesus Christ and in fact become Christian, so they will meet Jesus when he returns as well.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:48 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penner31 View Post
Whether its evangelical christians or other christians it doesnt matter. Its what the bible says. I beleive in the bible and it teaches the rapture and the second coming. The rapture is a fact of the bible and so is the second coming. What is disputed is at what point in the tribulation the rapture will occur. The majority believes it will happen before the 7 year trib. Either way this is what will happen. We are all free to choose what we believe...but remember not all beliefs are true. You can choose to reject the free gift of love that God gave but there are also consequences and rewards for our choices. Please search your heart and be honest with yourself. Ask God to show you the Truth. My prayers are with you.
1 Cor. 15:52: In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The bible is clear that the Church must go through all of the Seals, Trump, and thunders like everyone else, but they will overcome just like Jesus overcame.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 AM

222 posts, read 581,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Anyone who believes that every Jew on earth is going to return to Israel is smoking some powerful mojo.
Ain't gonna happen.
1. Jews didn't came from Egypt. There is no archeological evidence of it except Old Testament (Torah).
2. Moses name is in fact Egyptian name (similar to Ramses). So he probably been not a Jew in beginning. Again, it is a speculation because his existence is not proven. However it was Ancient Egyptian religion in Egypt that time.
3. Some Jew coming in Israel, some not. Majority of not religious Jews (as well as Palestinian Muslims) want to get out from this country because of the war.
4. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are very similar religions based on the same ideology. However because of some geographical issues American Christians somewhat friendly to Jews (and vice verse). However if you remove common enemy (Muslims) then you will see that Jews and Christians are enemies also. So fascination with Jews is strange.
5. Other religions and Atheist care less about this issues between three monotheistic religions.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:41 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
1. Jews didn't came from Egypt. There is no archeological evidence of it except Old Testament (Torah).
2. Moses name is in fact Egyptian name (similar to Ramses). So he probably been not a Jew in beginning. Again, it is a speculation because his existence is not proven. However it was Ancient Egyptian religion in Egypt that time.
True. The idea for a "one god" came to the Jews from Egypt cult of Ahten. Before then, the Israelites worshipped a pa ntheon of gods, of which Yahweh was a lowly god of war.

Likewise, there is evidence that some material from the Old Testament/Torah (such as the ten commandments) was inspired by the Egyptian Book of The Dead.

Quote:
4. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are very similar religions based on the same ideology. However because of some geographical issues American Christians somewhat friendly to Jews (and vice verse). However if you remove common enemy (Muslims) then you will see that Jews and Christians are enemies also. So fascination with Jews is strange.
The only reason Christians are "fascinated" with the Jews is because the Jews are included in so-called Biblical prophesies and are pawns in the Christian god's cosmic chess game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality