Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times

Advertisements

http://users8.jabry.com/dude111/angelful.mp3

This is wonderful

Listen to the high pitch of angels in the back.

The story goes that there were only 4 singers and NOBODY was singing behind them solo or the other 3 singers... and the pitch they reach in the background was a pitch that NO human can reach. Also notice that the angels dont ever take a breath and the notes are constant. When the tape starts,NOBODY was singing... but when they played the tape back,they heard the high voices singing and didnt know where they came from...

This was recorded a long time ago so the recording is not that great.

Remember...There were only 4 people singing.

Makes me happy listening to it

Last edited by Dude111; 10-20-2012 at 08:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 09:13 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Ouch. I've listened to old cylinders of Brahms announcing himself and then wrecking a piano and Tchaikovski and Rubenstien apparently whistling at one another, but that was tough on the ears. It was obviously electronically recorded as I could tell when the miked soloist came in at which point I had enough - so with a crap recording like that, high pitched whistling noises are what one would expect.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:06 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Now I am convinced my hearing loss is a gift from God(swt)

I could not hear the link in the OPModerator cut: Orphaned

Last edited by june 7th; 10-21-2012 at 08:51 AM..

Old 10-20-2012, 11:32 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
It was painful and I'm certain that whoever was responsible for that debacle was sacked
Thinking back to the days of when I had full hearing. It was quite common to find extraneous sounds on old records. Quite a few different causes for it. Some as was explained AREQUIPA and other things. Such as scratches, Dirt, use of improper needles. Vibrations that cause the needle to vibrate and actually make added sounds as the record plays. Even though there is no sound to record, the vibrated scratches will play back as sound.

And those are just some of the accidental, unintended added sounds.

I am a theist but I am also a skeptic about alleged miracle. A miracle can only be deemed as such when all causes are investigated and it is clear no natural event could have caused it.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 10-20-2012 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: ADDED last sentence.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:28 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
Pftftftf! "Angels"... yeah right!

Dude111, haven't you ever heard of a sustainer in music production before? This is why I'm constantly reminded of the unwavering, unquestioning nature of those who are highly religious:
Atheists=smart, believers=dumb?

The gullible nature of religious people who constantly show confirmation bias (Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) should strike fear in those of us who want to live in a world of reason, evidence, logic and empirical FACTS. If "true believers" can be convinced that this horrible recording is of angels singing, they can be convinced of anything: 9/11 was an inside job, Saddam Hussein had WMDs, Hitler was an atheist (!), the holocaust didn't happen, the moon landings were a hoax, The Osmonds are musical geniuses... ya know... crazy stuff!

Old 10-20-2012, 01:18 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,517,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

I am a theist but I am also a skeptic about alleged miracle. A miracle can only be deemed as such when all causes are investigated and it is clear no natural event could have caused it.
I am not skeptical, I think that they just do not exist. Things either happen or they don't, so there are no "miracles", just measurable improbability.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:14 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
If those are angels, they need some voice lessons. I didn't hear any pitch so high a human can't reproduce, and I see no evidence angels were present other than the OPs assumption based on a crappy recording.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default It doesn't stop there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Pftftftf! "Angels"... yeah right!

Dude111, haven't you ever heard of a sustainer in music production before?

The gullible nature of religious people who constantly show confirmation bias (....) should strike fear in those of us who want to live in a world of reason, evidence, logic and empirical FACTS. If "true believers" can be convinced that this horrible recording is of angels singing, they can be convinced of anything: 9/11 was an inside job, Saddam Hussein had WMDs, Hitler was an atheist (!), the holocaust didn't happen, the moon landings were a hoax, The Osmonds are musical geniuses... ya know... crazy stuff!
I'm reminded of this...

(Note: forward it to time stamp ≈1:57 to edit out Art Bell's inane blatherings...)

HELLSOUND FROM SIBERIA DIGGINGS - YouTube

Q: do any of you theist types actually believe this is an actual recording of hell only 14km below us? And that... what??? ...we can just drill down to it and lower a microphone? Well Hell, let's go get 'em out of there then, sort of like the Chilean mine worker's rescue!

What amazing fear-mongering and idiotic drivel!

Old 10-21-2012, 12:19 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Yea, right

I got a lead on some beach front property in Kansas or a bride in Brooklyn I can let ya in on.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:16 AM

23,174 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
http://users8.jabry.com/dude111/angelful.mp3

This is wonderful

Makes me happy listening to it
I can only be grateful I don't have to listen to anything with you, if that horrible recording is an example of "wonderful"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality