Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 10:07 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,425 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]Eve, if God were loving, would have been the mother of Jesus.

The Bible would have us believe that a loving God sent a genocidal flood to wipe out most of mankind and then after turning evil again, sent Jesus to forgive.
As a loving parent I forgive completely and immediately.
God, as the epitome of a parent would do the same.
This would mean that Eve would have born Jesus and received forgiveness at that point. The justice of God is swift.
Eve was the sinner and the one in need of forgiveness, No chastisement of many innocents is then required by God and He does not need to break His own law and commandment of not killing humans.
Needless to say that any conflagration between God, as most think of Him, and even modern man, would not be a fair and just encounter, therefore the flood myth is just that, a myth, and is not what a true God would do.
Logically and spiritually, the Bible cannot be seen as advocating genocide. Even if it says God used it.
To think that God would sow many souls and gain only 8 out of millions is to think that God is a poor farmer at best and perhaps crazy to try such a venture again.
We must all pay for our own sins Eve, no different.
To forgive Her is to save God’s reputation as a genocidal maniac.
This makes Eve the most likely person to be the Mother of Jesus and allows for the birth of the trinity.
If not, then how else to explain the Trinity. In the time of Marie, Jesus was yet to be born and could not then be part of the Trinity.

Regards
DL

[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 10:08 AM

658 posts, read 831,443 times
God created Eve, you silly.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
God created Eve, you silly.
I did not say He did not.

Did you have a point that speaks to the thread?

Regards
DL

Old 08-11-2008, 11:43 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,746 times
Everyone comes to terms with this differently. Some by rejecting a belief in God, or the Christian God. Some by believing it is literally true, and accepting that they cannot understand the will of God. Some by a middle path which perhaps accept these stories as metaphors, or teaching tools, to understand the human and the divine, not literal fact. There is no definitive response to the questions this brings up. I know good people who have followed each of these responses.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:46 AM

658 posts, read 831,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
I did not say He did not.

Did you have a point that speaks to the thread?

Regards
DL
I just debunked your assumption you based the thread on. Too much evidence in my favor, via science and the Bible. Have a nice day.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 PM

756 posts, read 2,575,282 times
Quote:

The Bible would have us believe that a loving God sent a genocidal flood to wipe out most of mankind and then after turning evil again, sent Jesus to forgive.
As a loving parent I forgive completely and immediately.
God, as the epitome of a parent would do the same.
This would mean that Eve would have born Jesus and received forgiveness at that point. The justice of God is swift.
Eve was the sinner and the one in need of forgiveness, No chastisement of many innocents is then required by God and He does not need to break His own law and commandment of not killing humans.
Needless to say that any conflagration between God, as most think of Him, and even modern man, would not be a fair and just encounter, therefore the flood myth is just that, a myth, and is not what a true God would do.
Logically and spiritually, the Bible cannot be seen as advocating genocide. Even if it says God used it.
To think that God would sow many souls and gain only 8 out of millions is to think that God is a poor farmer at best and perhaps crazy to try such a venture again.
We must all pay for our own sins Eve, no different.
To forgive Her is to save God’s reputation as a genocidal maniac.
This makes Eve the most likely person to be the Mother of Jesus and allows for the birth of the trinity.
If not, then how else to explain the Trinity. In the time of Marie, Jesus was yet to be born and could not then be part of the Trinity.

Regards
DL

[/SIZE]
"A" for effort......

but try again.........

Old 08-11-2008, 07:25 PM

249 posts, read 532,151 times
Default Great Lady Eve the Goddess, and was associated with the serpent

Quote:
I'm not sure if a serpent goddess would be appropiate..

The serpent in the bible symbolzes deception and lies..

It represents a serpent worshiping (false) religion.. that flew in the face of what the prophets were actually teaching.

Hence Eve (religion) caused Adam's (mankind's) downfall.. by tempting him to eat the fruit of this system of things.. a system where good and evil are in constant conflict..

This is the same system we still live under.. not some mythological place.

But then there is the other tree... The Tree of Life.

----

Great Lady Eve the Goddess, and was associated with the serpent. Thus, Chawah/Eve was probably a form of Asherah in her guise as a Serpent Goddess. As a snake goddess, she was also represented by bronze serpent forms, examples of which have been found in archaeological excavations in the Levant. In fact the Nehush-tan, literally the Bronze Serpent which in traditional Jewish myth is associated with Moses, is much more likely an emblem of Asherah. It too was removed from the Jerusalem temple the same time as the "asherah objects", during the reign of Hezekiah. [4]

Wapedia - Eve (Bible (http://wapedia.mobi/en/Eve_(Bible - broken link))

-

Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
Everyone comes to terms with this differently. Some by rejecting a belief in God, or the Christian God. Some by believing it is literally true, and accepting that they cannot understand the will of God. Some by a middle path which perhaps accept these stories as metaphors, or teaching tools, to understand the human and the divine, not literal fact. There is no definitive response to the questions this brings up. I know good people who have followed each of these responses.
Many are confused. Understandable.

Regards
DL

Old 08-12-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
"A" for effort......

but try again.........
Why, if the logic works?

Regards
DL

Old 08-12-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerator View Post
I'm not sure if a serpent goddess would be appropiate..

The serpent in the bible symbolzes deception and lies..

It represents a serpent worshiping (false) religion.. that flew in the face of what the prophets were actually teaching.

Hence Eve (religion) caused Adam's (mankind's) downfall.. by tempting him to eat the fruit of this system of things.. a system where good and evil are in constant conflict..

This is the same system we still live under.. not some mythological place.

But then there is the other tree... The Tree of Life.

----

Great Lady Eve the Goddess, and was associated with the serpent. Thus, Chawah/Eve was probably a form of Asherah in her guise as a Serpent Goddess. As a snake goddess, she was also represented by bronze serpent forms, examples of which have been found in archaeological excavations in the Levant. In fact the Nehush-tan, literally the Bronze Serpent which in traditional Jewish myth is associated with Moses, is much more likely an emblem of Asherah. It too was removed from the Jerusalem temple the same time as the "asherah objects", during the reign of Hezekiah. [4]

Wapedia - Eve (Bible (http://wapedia.mobi/en/Eve_(Bible - broken link))

-
Yes, man has always tried to blame woman for all the ills of the world.

I prefer to see Her as giving us moral sense.

Would you like to live without it?

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality