Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:01 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
God created Eve, you silly.
Yes, and like all of God's works, she was created perfect and made the perfect choice.

She gave us moral sense.

You misuse the word debunk.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times
Jesus has ALWAYS existed. He came to this earth as a baby, Mary was chosen to carry Jesus; as a protestant I do not believe Mary was sinless - or the Queen of Heaven, but I believe she was a brave young girl, who agreed to carry the baby (she could have been stoned to death), she was a virtuous person.

God destroyed the world with the flood because of mans evil - utter evil - he started again with Noah and his family. but God promised he would never flood the earth and regretted the flood. But, people seem to forget that God IS a judge, yes, he is patient - very very patient - but watch out, because it IS a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. We should have a bit of healthy fear for God. maybe then we would be a bit more careful how we lived our lives and what we said and did. One day we will be judged and have to answer for the way we have lived our lives. Not a popular message, but God is a judge. He is loving, that is why he hasn't blown this world apart.....yet......he keeps back his hand, even though what he sees going on must sicken him, enrage him... why? Because he is patient and merciful. But he sees all that goes on....and one day....judgement day.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 PM

756 posts, read 2,575,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Why, if the logic works?

Regards
DL
I are not have da smartz ta follow ya....

Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
I are not have da smartz ta follow ya....
Patience, it may come.
We all get smarter by the day.

Regards
DL

Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Jesus has ALWAYS existed. He came to this earth as a baby, Mary was chosen to carry Jesus; as a protestant I do not believe Mary was sinless - or the Queen of Heaven, but I believe she was a brave young girl, who agreed to carry the baby (she could have been stoned to death), she was a virtuous person.

God destroyed the world with the flood because of mans evil - utter evil - he started again with Noah and his family. but God promised he would never flood the earth and regretted the flood. But, people seem to forget that God IS a judge, yes, he is patient - very very patient - but watch out, because it IS a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. We should have a bit of healthy fear for God. maybe then we would be a bit more careful how we lived our lives and what we said and did. One day we will be judged and have to answer for the way we have lived our lives. Not a popular message, but God is a judge. He is loving, that is why he hasn't blown this world apart.....yet......he keeps back his hand, even though what he sees going on must sicken him, enrage him... why? Because he is patient and merciful. But he sees all that goes on....and one day....judgement day.
You mean His flood failled to clean things up?
How many strikes does He get?

Instead of looking to fear God, you should be thinking of loving Him.

How could Jesus be before Marie was born?
You see God losing the perfection of His universe at some point.
I see perfection all about and see that God has not failled and never took the title of genocidal maniac.

Regards
DL

Old 08-13-2008, 06:14 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times
Quote:

I see perfection all about and see that God has not failled and never took the title of genocidal maniac.

Regards
DL
Genesis 1:26-27
John 1:1-5

Old 08-13-2008, 08:53 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,036,479 times
Quote:

Regards
DL
Really?
I see a lot of this sort of thing, and it sickens me.
FOXNews.com - Police: 'Cult' Starved Toddler Who Wouldn't Say 'Amen' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

The world has been fallen for all of human history. The second person of the Trinity could easily exist prior to Mary.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 PM

756 posts, read 2,575,140 times
Quote:
[SIZE=2]Eve, if God were loving, would have been the mother of Jesus.

The Bible would have us believe that a loving God sent a genocidal flood to wipe out most of mankind and then after turning evil again, sent Jesus to forgive.
As a loving parent I forgive completely and immediately.
God, as the epitome of a parent would do the same.
This would mean that Eve would have born Jesus and received forgiveness at that point. The justice of God is swift.
Eve was the sinner and the one in need of forgiveness, No chastisement of many innocents is then required by God and He does not need to break His own law and commandment of not killing humans.
Needless to say that any conflagration between God, as most think of Him, and even modern man, would not be a fair and just encounter, therefore the flood myth is just that, a myth, and is not what a true God would do.
Logically and spiritually, the Bible cannot be seen as advocating genocide. Even if it says God used it.
To think that God would sow many souls and gain only 8 out of millions is to think that God is a poor farmer at best and perhaps crazy to try such a venture again.
We must all pay for our own sins Eve, no different.
To forgive Her is to save God’s reputation as a genocidal maniac.
This makes Eve the most likely person to be the Mother of Jesus and allows for the birth of the trinity.
If not, then how else to explain the Trinity. In the time of Marie, Jesus was yet to be born and could not then be part of the Trinity.

Regards
DL

[/SIZE]
your thinking limilts God.....

God does not think as we do He is not limited by 'our' logic or science

Old 08-14-2008, 04:12 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times
Jesus existed from the beginning - he is God. I agree with Nay624 - your thinking limits God, a God who is infinite all knowing and all just. Far more just than any human being. Far more patient....I mean, how much would you be prepared to take before getting angry? Look what God has had to put up with all these 'thousands' of years. He is patient indeed and merciful. But, he is a judge. That is something people need to know. They can't go around doing whatever they like and think they will get away with it, in this world and definitely in the world to come.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Genesis 1:26-27
John 1:1-5
Unhelpful.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality